Status
Not open for further replies.

tokki

made in your love Awards Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭649,570
as2024askat.png

You've got questions - we might have answers.
:minusjump:

AWARDS TEAM MEMBERS
tokki (Awards Lead)
Mina
jnkyeom​

fromisJelly

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl Blog Lead VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭440,600
Hi so I do have some questions.

1) Are we allowed to host thread for groups that does not have any badges yet during this Award Season?

2) If the answer is Yes, do we have to seek approval to be the OP? And where will we post the OP thread? In the 2024 Award Season sub-section?

I am thinking whether should I host it for tripleS but I am still considering since it will not be easy hosting for them. :squirtlechristmas:

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭23,500
Pronouns
she/her
Hi so I do have some questions.

1) Are we allowed to host thread for groups that does not have any badges yet during this Award Season?

2) If the answer is Yes, do we have to seek approval to be the OP? And where will we post the OP thread? In the 2024 Award Season sub-section?

I am thinking whether should I host it for tripleS but I am still considering since it will not be easy hosting for them. :squirtlechristmas:

Hi, you can go ahead and host any badge threads in the standard Awards section if there aren't any badges for that group/soloist in our awards category. Just treat it like a normal badge thread even if Awards season is ongoing on the side. You don't have to seek approval either, that only applies for awards season. :)

fromisJelly

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl Blog Lead VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭440,600
Hi, you can go ahead and host any badge threads in the standard Awards section if there aren't any badges for that group/soloist in our awards category. Just treat it like a normal badge thread even if Awards season is ongoing on the side. You don't have to seek approval either, that only applies for awards season. :)

Thank you for your answers!

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,172
Hi team :poggers:

I'm planning to host a thread for Seventeen, and since then there have been new sub-units formed (BSS and Jeonghan & Wonwoo). Am I okay to include these badges for the sub-units in the same thread (as long as I find 2 keepers) or do you recommend I make a new thread in the normal section?

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭23,500
Pronouns
she/her
Hi team :poggers:

I'm planning to host a thread for Seventeen, and since then there have been new sub-units formed (BSS and Jeonghan & Wonwoo). Am I okay to include these badges for the sub-units in the same thread (as long as I find 2 keepers) or do you recommend I make a new thread in the normal section?
Hi, you can include them in the same voting thread if you want to! :)

Vampire

IDLE TRANSFIGURATION Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭79,700
howdy team 🤠

i may have missed this, but i don't think i did: if a group already has an alternative badge... does it get left alone? like i know we can make new group badges and vote for new ones (example, the new fact check nct 127 badge) but like, what happens to the alternative badge?

tokki

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭649,570
howdy team 🤠

i may have missed this, but i don't think i did: if a group already has an alternative badge... does it get left alone? like i know we can make new group badges and vote for new ones (example, the new fact check nct 127 badge) but like, what happens to the alternative badge?
The fandom can decide to:

1) leave it as it is if the majority isn't interested in updating it

or

2a) you can vote to use the old group badge as the alternative group badge while replacing the main one,
2b) vote to use whichever group badge submission comes in 2nd place during the voting as the new alternative group badge,
or 2c) vote among all of the group badge submissions that did not win and use the resulting winner as the alternative group badge

Hopefully that makes sense! But yeah, basically whatever the fandom majority would like to do about it is fine, as long as it's what the majority wants. :)

Vampire

IDLE TRANSFIGURATION Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭79,700
The fandom can decide to:

1) leave it as it is if the majority isn't interested in updating it

or

2a) you can vote to use the old group badge as the alternative group badge while replacing the main one,
2b) vote to use whichever group badge submission comes in 2nd place during the voting as the new alternative group badge,
or 2c) vote among all of the group badge submissions that did not win and use the resulting winner as the alternative group badge

Hopefully that makes sense! But yeah, basically whatever the fandom majority would like to do about it is fine, as long as it's what the majority wants. :)
thanks, i got it! :poggers:

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,172
Hi again :HidePar:

I looked at the list of badges that were already available before I was about to nominate some characters for Anime & Video Games; I was going to nominate characters from Akatsuki no Yona but then I vaguely remembered that I hosted a thread for them (here) - I don't know if I missed an important update or if I just completely forgot to submit them, but is there a reason why they haven't been uploaded in the system?

tokki

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭649,570
Hi again :HidePar:

I looked at the list of badges that were already available before I was about to nominate some characters for Anime & Video Games; I was going to nominate characters from Akatsuki no Yona but then I vaguely remembered that I hosted a thread for them (here) - I don't know if I missed an important update or if I just completely forgot to submit them, but is there a reason why they haven't been uploaded in the system?
I'm guessing they likely got lost to the purge because I see that they did get added at one point but I can't find any record of them ever being claimed by anyone in the request thread? :sweat:
They don't necessarily require keepers when being made, but we started including badges that use forms for purge eligibility because we had a lot of cases where a lot of different anime/game/actor badges were added to the system but users were rarely redeeming them after they were added so the sections were being cluttered with badges that either no one was using or only 1 person was using :sejeongcry:

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,172
I'm guessing they likely got lost to the purge because I see that they did get added at one point but I can't find any record of them ever being claimed by anyone in the request thread? :sweat:
They don't necessarily require keepers when being made, but we started including badges that use forms for purge eligibility because we had a lot of cases where a lot of different anime/game/actor badges were added to the system but users were rarely redeeming them after they were added so the sections were being cluttered with badges that either no one was using or only 1 person was using :sejeongcry:
oop, I'm highly guilty of this :sweat:

That's understandable though :feelsblankie: when do these purges usually happen? If I could suggestion something: I think maybe you could make a small announcement about the purge (if not done already), so users are able to see what badges are at risk to be purged, especially with badges that were purchased with a form. Or add information about the purge in the FAQ because I had no idea it was a thing until I searched purge and saw it in old posts in the ask thread.

Sorry didn't mean to ramble, just wanted some clarification!

But following from my previous post, if I nominated the Akatsuki no Yona characters and some made it through to the final round - would I be able to submit the mocks that were used in the voting thread, or do I have to create new mocks for it?

tokki

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭649,570
oop, I'm highly guilty of this :sweat:

That's understandable though :feelsblankie: when do these purges usually happen? If I could suggestion something: I think maybe you could make a small announcement about the purge (if not done already), so users are able to see what badges are at risk to be purged, especially with badges that were purchased with a form. Or add information about the purge in the FAQ because I had no idea it was a thing until I searched purge and saw it in old posts in the ask thread.

Sorry didn't mean to ramble, just wanted some clarification!

But following from my previous post, if I nominated the Akatsuki no Yona characters and some made it through to the final round - would I be able to submit the mocks that were used in the voting thread, or do I have to create new mocks for it?
The purges are technically supposed to be annual, but we've actually only done it once in the 5 years that H+ has been open due to various factors, so it was definitely overdue this time. :sweat:
We do mention the purge somewhat already in the FAQ, but we will work on updating it so that everything is more clear and straightforward! (y)

You could re-submit the same mocks, or you can create new ones if you wanted to - totally up to you!

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,172
The purges are technically supposed to be annual, but we've actually only done it once in the 5 years that H+ has been open due to various factors, so it was definitely overdue this time. :sweat:
We do mention the purge somewhat already in the FAQ, but we will work on updating it so that everything is more clear and straightforward! (y)

You could re-submit the same mocks, or you can create new ones if you wanted to - totally up to you!

Thank you and again, sorry if I came across as annoying ajdfhasf I was just confused and thought I was imagining things :marge:
I do think having a list of badges that are at risk of the purge will be useful to have, so I hope you'll include it somewhere in the future!

choively

Sanake slave Seventh Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,965,992
Pronouns
Nevies Nevies
Hey yo I have a question uhh for the approval what happen if you did the poll or spreadsheet on paper? like in real life tallies and pencils? what do I put for it?

tokki

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭649,570
Hey yo I have a question uhh for the approval what happen if you did the poll or spreadsheet on paper? like in real life tallies and pencils? what do I put for it?
If you're able to take a picture of it and upload it to use, that could work - but if not, we can just have a member of the team look through the thread and double-check that everything matches up!

Ddeona Oneul Bame

#FREE THE BOYS Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,581,000
Pronouns
#FREE THE BOYS
Question 1: Are we just updating badges that already exist or, adding new badges to the system? :youdontsay:

Question 2: Assuming I am the only breathing human on this sub who will request a particular badge that doesn't exist yet, how low are the chances of it being added? :yooheadache:

tokki

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭649,570
Question 1: Are we just updating badges that already exist or, adding new badges to the system? :youdontsay:

Question 2: Assuming I am the only breathing human on this sub who will request a particular badge that doesn't exist yet, how low are the chances of it being added? :yooheadache:
1) New badges can still be added as normal during Awards Season! You would just host the thread for it in the regular section and follow all of the usual processes. :)

2) You'll need at least 2 keepers (you can count as one yourself) unless it's one of the badges that can be added with a shop form, so I would recommend checking to see if there's an official thread where you can ask if anyone else is interested in having the badge made, or you could make a thread in The Union! There might be some hidden fans around the forum who might be interested in keeping it with you. :)

Ddeona Oneul Bame

#FREE THE BOYS Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,581,000
Pronouns
#FREE THE BOYS
1) New badges can still be added as normal during Awards Season! You would just host the thread for it in the regular section and follow all of the usual processes. :)

2) You'll need at least 2 keepers (you can count as one yourself) unless it's one of the badges that can be added with a shop form, so I would recommend checking to see if there's an official thread where you can ask if anyone else is interested in having the badge made, or you could make a thread in The Union! There might be some hidden fans around the forum who might be interested in keeping it with you. :)

I think I can get a second keeper! :wow: Thanks for answering! I'll see if we get any more once I make the voting thread! Thank you thank you! :CupPar:
BTW, which section would be the correct place for it? It's an OTP badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom