HYBE x Source Music's new girl group reportedly recruiting 2~3 IZ*ONE members, including Kim Chae Won

Astro

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­1,630,700
1629164781-20210816-kimchaewon.jpg

According to an exclusive media outlet report by Star News on August 17, former IZ*ONE member Kim Chae Won is headed to HYBE Labels.

Star News stated that Kim Chae Won is currently in talks to debut in the upcoming HYBE x Source Music girl group, a project that has received massive media attention for the past few years. Furthermore, it's reported that HYBE and Source Music is currently in the process of recruiting 2~3 former IZ*ONE members for their new girl group, including Miyawaki Sakura, whose contract discussion with HYBE made headlines last year.

Insiders say that HYBE has so far run into some difficulties in maneuvering around Miyawaki Sakura's contract with her Japanese agency. The other IZ*ONE member in talks for recruitment, whose identity has yet to be revealed, is still undecided as to whether or not they want to pursue a career in acting or continue in the idol industry.

Meanwhile, Source Music's first new girl group as a part of HYBE Labels is expected to have around 5 members. If HYBE x Source Music succeed in recruiting 3 former IZ*ONE members to their new group, it will have the largest number of members from the former project group of any succeeding IZ*ONE-counterparts.

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­310,150
Sakura and now Chaewon, even if it's still rumors or still in talk, the lineup is already promising

kimsguardian

πŸ„³πŸ„ΎπŸ„ΎπŸ…πŸšͺ Sixth Place HoETop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
π–π–Šπ–Ž'π–˜ π–—π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™ 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉
Plus Coins
β¨­1,852,370
Pronouns
He/Him
so they disbanded gfriend for this huh?
hmm.. so what's the point of all that photoshoot they did for her earlier this month? or is this just a project group?
i hope it's just a rumor bcs if woollim manage her solo correctly then she can be the next iu imo

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­798,250
i hope it's just a rumor bcs if woollim manage her solo correctly then she can be the next iu imo
Woolim? Proper management? I'd love to see the day that ever happens, and I say that as someone who has been following Woolim artists (mainly Infinite & Golden Child) for years.

That being said though, this is the best case scenario for all parties involved.
Woolim will receive money for transferring her contract and letting her join HYBE, Chaewon won't have the burden of having to debut as a new member for Rocket Punch or taking the risk of a solo career that has low chances of taking off, and HYBE gets one of the more popular IZ*ONE members for their new group (especially in Asia).

Last edited:
Top Bottom