Hyeri Releases An Apology And Statement

RussianRoulette

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,900
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm surprised no one mentioned it here yet, but Hyeri released an apology statement regarding the recent drama going around.

Here is what she wrote:

GI92gE5agAApHN7

Here is a translation of what she wrote provided by Soompi:
(I tried to see if there were other translations floating around twitter, but I feel like Soompi's made the most sense so I will be using their's if thats ok?)

Hello. This is Hyeri.
First, I sincerely apologize for the speculations and controversies that arose over the past few days due to my personal emotions.
I think I failed to consider the ripple effects that each of my minor actions could have.
I sincerely apologize to anyone who was harmed because of me.

Last November, the news was released that my eight-year relationship came to an end.
It was not a decision made in a short period of time, and even after the breakup news came out, we had a conversation about talking more [about our situation].
However, we have not had any contact or met since that conversation.
And four months later, I think my emotions after coming across a new article were perceived not as actress Lee Hyeri but as just Lee Hyeri.
I apologize once again for causing harm with my impulsive emotions.

Over the past few days, I didn’t explain the reason for my actions because I thought that our conversations were overly personal, and it would only increase fatigue [to the public].
If this caused confusion for anyone, I am also sorry for that.

Moving forward, I will be more careful with my words and actions.
Thank you.

(I will delete this post soon. Thank you.)

Her response seems to have had both Netizens and Western Fans drive a lot of hate towards Ryu Jun Yeol, and a lot of people seem to agree that a "transit love" did sort of happen, but that both girls got played by the guy.

I will try to find a source, but everyone (even on Panchoa) seems to be shaming him since somewhere it was mentioned that her and her ex were still on the fence and talking about getting back together after/during the breakup (A lot of netizens were speculating this is the reason why she did not unfollow him at first) but while they were talking the guy met and started seeing Sohee. (Friendly reminder that Sohee and Hyeri's ex "first met" only two days after the breakup news was announced.)

A lot of people feel that the guy played both girls because he started seeing Sohee while also leading Hyeri on and making her think they could get back together.

The other thing everyone seems to be in agreement about is that Hyeri really did not have to release an apology statement.

What are your thoughts on all of this?

I could be wrong, but I feel like this will be our final statement in this drama.

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,502,209
That Sohee did more harm than good by dropping that blog post in the first place
Some of the content was far too easily disproven and she should've just allowed her management to speak on her behalf instead.
Hyeri shouldn't have to apologise, since she was rightly upset

Winter Bear

Hallyuboo Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,650
Pronouns
She/Her
She didn’t need to apologise but I love that she took this opportunity to once again make it clear that it was November 2023 when they broke up, instead of the bs HSH’s fans have been trying to peddle, saying they broke up in 2022.

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭31,510,714
Pronouns
She/Her
That Sohee did more harm than good by dropping that blog post in the first place
Some of the content was far too easily disproven and she should've just allowed her management to speak on her behalf instead.
Hyeri shouldn't have to apologise, since she was rightly upset
:wendythistbh:

jocjoc

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,000
Pronouns
They/them
lmaooo this is such a non-issue for both her and sohee to apologize. from the way some netizens are talking about them it's like all three of them had committed murder.

Top Bottom