J-pop recommendations

sica

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
I’ve been trying to get into J-pop since quite a long time now. Maybe since 2016. I always want to expand my knowledge in music from all around the world but it seems that I’ve been struggling a lot with J-pop. Most of the acts I listened to were female artists such as Ayumi Hamasaki, Namie Amuro...Ayumi has some bops but that’s about it. To me at least. The one I liked the most so far was Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. I love that electro-bubbly sound she has. I also like J Soul Brothers III from EXILE Tribe a lot. I listened to almost all their albums (except the new ones) and I loved almost everything from them.
I think I struggle a lot with J-pop because it is too out of common to my ears. I’ve been a pop whore practically my whole life and hearing new sounds just makes me uneasy ig.
Do you have any recommendations for me? Discuss.

yoru

( ^-^)_旦”” Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭200
A bit underrated as far as J-pop goes, but I think this arist might be someone worth checking.

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭796,559
E-girls

they have more upbeat songs but I love these 2 from them
if you are more into pop ballad, check out Flower too

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
If you like Kyary you should like Perfume since they have the same producer but generally get the better songs.

Apart from that I like Utada, Leo Ieiri, Momoiro Clover Z, some AKB48 (mostly the older stuff)...

These are all female artists though. I don't listen much to male artists but Yonezu Kenshi is great.

This is also a bit of a shameless plug but I made a thread for anime songs, so you could check that out:

Last edited:

grainy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
These are all female artists though. I don't listen much to male artists but Yonezu Kenshi is great.

(i'm not thread-stalking u abra :sejeongcry:)
Recently I really got into kenshi's songs and I would like to rec these!!

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
kenshi yonezu songs are good. there's a reason they're always viral

• Love
Reactions: Bom
Top Bottom