K-Soul’s apology letter for controversial comments.

RussianRoulette

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭966,350
Pronouns
She/Her
This is a response to the thread from yesterday.

I had a hard time trying to find the apology letter since it was only posted on Weibo. After a lot of digging I found a translation on Twitter:

I am going to copy and paste the whole translation from Twitter here, since linking all of the tweets here might be a bit cluttered:

"My apologies for expressing in my livestream earlier today that Idols should not be dating. From the day I stepped into this industry as a trainee, I knew that the idol career was unique, as it's a career where you create a fantasy for everybody. After experiencing a couple of idol competition shows and finally succeeding in debuting in a korean idol competition show due to my fans voting for me, I understand this more deeply.

I'm sorry for saying that that Idols should not be dating whilst raking in all their money.

I'm sorry that I said that I felt idols should not be spending time in clubs trying to get ladies but rather that they should be trying to convey a positive energy and affecting their fans positively.

I'm sorry that I said " Without fans, there would be no idols, and that idols are nothing without their fans. That the idol career is the same as other careers and not a better career than others.

Sorry that I said an idol should place their fans first above everything else

Sorry that I wanted fans to not chase their idols blindly.

Sorry that I said that an idol should go to school and try to read more books, and also try to have a better moral ethic, and that before learning how to be an artist they should learn how to be a better person.

Sorry that I voiced what I wished to see as a general standard for idols, that I spoke about how I don't think idols should be dating whilst being idols and that while I never said who the person was, people could still speculate and assume accordingly who it was.

I'm sorry for all that I said above and not saying it earlier, I'm really sorry about it all. But it's a pity that my thoughts will also never change, and since I've trended to the hot searches, I'll apologize once more in front of everyone.

People said why didn't I die together with my dad, asked why I would come out here to work for money on livestream when my father just died. Yes, I came out here just to earn money. I mentioned that in my livestream before I started it that my family owes debts and that after I arranged by father's funeral, I needed to immediately think of ways to earn money. It's because I have to pay back the debts from my father's cancer treatment, because I need to start earning money to feed my mother and little sister. So it didn't matter to me that I was laughing and interacting with others on livestream. If I could make my dad come back to life, even if what it takes for him to come back to life is for me to kneel, I will do it, so doing a livestream like this is nothing. But people cannot come back to life, the debt that my family owes will not change, and I still need to take care of my mother and little sister. So doing a livestream like that is nothing to me. I even went around asking directors and producers, giving them my particulars in order to get a chance for a job. Reality and real life isn't like what's in dramas, an ordinary person still needs to work to feed their family whilst being unable to take time off to mourn. Do you really think that they don't want to take a break? Maybe it's because some people are living a happy life and thus are unable to feel the pain of others. If that's the case, I hope that you may continue living happily, but please also give all the ordinary people that are currently suffering a chance to survive as well.

Shoutout to the person on Twitter who found and translated this. I don’t speak Chinese, so please let me know if something is wrong!

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭198,200
Pronouns
He/Him
This feels like a kid who fell for the fantasy of kpop idols and refuses to believe that fantasy isn't a really, nor is it a healthy way to exist. The fact that he's not Korean probably doesn't help and MBK are not exactly known for having a good company culture so I can see where this is stemming from, but he needs to not hold himself and his coworkers to such impossible extremes for his and their own well-being.

That being said, he seems to be in a horrible situation right now. Suddenly being entirely responsible for your family's financial well being on top of dealing with grief and funeral planning would do a number on anyone. I'm willing to afford him some leniency but what he needs to be doing right now is definitely not unsupervised livestreams and apologies.

But I have to wonder, is he just trying to get MBK to fire him? Similar to what Cap did so he could get out of Teen Top before his contract actually ended and wouldn't have to promote their sudden comeback? It's no secret Fantasy Boys aren't doing all that well and MBK no doubt has them in godawful contracts.

If he needs to take care of his family, he needs a job that will make him money today, and I doubt kpop will ever do that for him. This just seems so crazy to do, as if he's had no media training at all. If he wants out, I don't blame him. If that's his plan I hope he gets fired without having to pay any contract breach penalties.

RussianRoulette

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭966,350
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm convinced we are just reading this wrong :pandafrozen:
If it helps, while I was trying to research this many people said in Chinese his tone in the beginning seemed pretty snarky?

I don’t quite think we’re interpreting it wrong, I just think his tone in the beginning is like: :brbdying: :stonemin:

But I have to wonder, is he just trying to get MBK to fire him? Similar to what Cap did so he could get out of Teen Top before his contract actually ended and wouldn't have to promote their sudden comeback? It's no secret Fantasy Boys aren't doing all that well and MBK no doubt has them in godawful contracts.
I commented this in the previous thread, but these boys seem to be in a similar contract to momoland where they will not be paid until their “debut show fees” are paid first. If they want to leave early, they will be sued and have a huge debt to pay. People are speculating he’s acting like this on purpose to try to get fired so he can leave without having to pay.

chomp chomp

your heart's not broken, it's only growing
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭35,950
Pronouns
She/Her
If it helps, while I was trying to research this many people said in Chinese his tone in the beginning seemed pretty snarky?

I don’t quite think we’re interpreting it wrong, I just think his tone in the beginning is like: :brbdying: :stonemin:

I commented this in the previous thread, but these boys seem to be in a similar contract to momoland where they will not be paid until their “debut show fees” are paid first. If they want to leave early, they will be sued and have a huge debt to pay. People are speculating he’s acting like this on purpose to try to get fired so he can leave without having to pay.
I'm gonna stay delusional and say I'm reading it wrong.

Thank you RR :pandafrozen:

Top Bottom