[knetizen] When do you feel that BTS is the top idol?

lin_ash

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭27,560
BTS-8.jpg

original post: theqoo
1. Perhaps BTS has been the top idol since 2017. But in 2017, I just thought about Wanna One …
2. Is it before or after DNA? I don’t know BTS before DNA. I heard the name of the group, but didn’t know anything about the members.

3. Honestly, BTS has been the top idol since the end of 2016, early 2017. At that time, BTS became EXO’s rival.
4. It’s Spring Day, even non-fans (including me and my husband) think this song is a masterpiece.
5. But they have no hit songs. EXO has Growl, TWICE has Cheer Up, but I don’t recall any song when mentioning BTS
-> No hit song ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The song with 100 million streams so far. IU, Bolbbalgan4, TWICE. BTS (5 songs) – Blood Sweat & Tears, Spring Day, DNA, IDOL, Fake Love
6. Even now, those who don’t recognize BTS as the top idol are pathetic.
7. I feel BTS is the top idol from ‘Blood Sweat & Tears’ song.
8. Actually they just need a hit song to make the country loud? I don’t think there’s any song other than ‘Blood Sweat & Tears’.
9. You can’t know when BTS is the top idol because they don’t have any hit songs

Source

yooamygirls

how deep is your love VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭739,810
So much unnecessary salt and hate when BTS keeps on winning....but the positive comments were cute! Queen Spring Day getting the recognition and respect it deserves. BTS are such "underrated" digital monsters just because people don't realize just how well their songs do on the charts when in actuality their songs have been doing consistently well for the last few years.

Maphisto40

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,270
People still cling to this notion of a "hit song" when they actually mean viral popularity (which only lasts as long as that song). BTS has had years of great charting longevity. Their b-sides chart better than a lot of group's title tracks. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

CallMeCat

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭910
There are groups who had hit songs but they couldn't continue the good streak with their next song so in the end the hit song was useless. BTS might not have had a viral song but they have managed to have a lot of songs that a lot of people know and like, fans and non fans alike.
It is hilarious to see this being used as something to drag them in 2019.

Echo

𝕎𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕 Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭23,541
5. But they have no hit songs. EXO has Growl, TWICE has Cheer Up, but I don’t recall any song when mentioning BTS
-> No hit song ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The song with 100 million streams so far. IU, Bolbbalgan4, TWICE. BTS (5 songs) – Blood Sweat & Tears, Spring Day, DNA, IDOL, Fake Love

They don't have a hit song because all of their rather recent songs are hits. They never had a popular song that was followed by a flop. They built up their fame and now every song of theirs is a certified hit, they're just not one hit wonders lol

Sergel

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭91,035
I felt like with Blood Sweat and Tears they really started blowing up.

It's odd to say they don't have a hit song when they have Spring Day and now Boy With Luv.

kulakuli

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,000
It’s 2019 and people are still trying with their “they have no hit song” bs. Imagine how tired we are

tickleme

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,290
everything from dope onwards I thought was a hit...not one flop

but i make believe fake love didnt happen. like that song is such a blur, i don't even remember the mv. what was happening during that time? was another song on the album more popular?

S

Some

Tbh i though they started getting fame i need u era and gained global superhero status around 1st bbma win

Calipso

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭37,855
WINGS 7 teasers concepts leading to the BS&T video cut them clean from kpop, after that piece of art worthy of an Grammy they were untouchable; SK heard mentality would never catch up to BTS, BTS exists in the future, SK lives in the 1950's........ trot singers are a thing for christ saint, how would they ever be able to understand the complexity and richness of the BTS universe if they don't have a "number 1 song"

Joey

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,975
They may not have hits song
what they have is hit albums

Top Bottom