Miyu's situation in Mystic Entertainment.

Reverie

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,075
Hello, I am following Miyu's activities very closely and there's absolutely no reason for panicking like this. 😅
Please don't believe random youtube comments next time...

Mystic filmed something with Miyu back in June, so there's definitely something in the works there (possibly Monthly YJS).

Her listening stage schedule for July was completely removed. I've seen some comments on Mystic Story(changed name)videos that they brought in Kim Haram, a new young trainee to replace Miyu. The comments are saying Yoon Yongshin brought Miyu to Mystic, but he's out as CEO and they got a new one, Cho Yongchul. And he maybe have different opinions on how Mystic is runned than Yongshin. I'm worried frankly. Miyu has had enough setbacks in her life and she don't need another one.... :cry: The removal of schedules are similar to when Jimin left Mystic.

Mystic did not change its CEO this year.

Yoon Jongshin hasn't been Mystic's CEO for 5 years (he stepped down in 2014), but he remained as the chief producer.
Jo Youngchul has been Mystic's CEO since 2016, after taking over from Lee Hakhee (2014-2016).

If Jo Youngchul is the one who offered Miyu a contract (March), why would he kick her out after just a few months?

The cancellation of listen stages isn't similar to Jimin's situation. Jimin never had a cancellation, she just simply stopped having stages after April.
Actually it's more similar to Soomin's change of schedule last month. Her listen stage with Siyoon got cancelled the day before, and 3 weeks later her PRODUCE101 Medley cover with Kenta came out. In a similar way, it's more likely that Miyu was busy with something and she had no time to prepare for the listen stages.

I think she is preparing for her performance at Yodobashi Church on August 3.

Kim Haram??? As in, the one who was rumored to be an SM trainee ?? Because if that's her, this girl is talented...
I really hope they're not kicking out Miyu. Mystic was the perfect agency for her and she's popular, they are crazy if they don't want to debut her. I hope we're just panicking for nothing because if she's really leaving, it would be the worst decision Mystic ever made

Yes, it's that Kim Haram. :)

Miyu, Soomin and Suhyun are currently the most well-known trainees at Mystic. They're Mystic's biggest assets in terms of bringing initial attention to the future gg.

Cho Yongchul is not a household name in the Kpop world. He is the husband of the lyricist Kim Eana, but more importantly, he developed one singer who has been so significant for Korean Pop (although not KPop) - IU.

For those who don't know, he is also the label owner of A-Pop Entertainment (Brown Eyed Girls) which became a subsidiary of Mystic.

It was Yoon Jongshin's idea to bring Miyu to Mystic. Cho Yongchul puts more emphasis on younger ones.

Can you tell me where you read this?

It is quite tough to become a soloist in Japan where the competition is fierce. Even IU didn't go anywhere in there .

Yeah, being a soloist in Japan is not easy. She'll need to start from scratch gaining new fans and that will take very long without a powerful label who can promote her well (drama tie ups, etc).

In any case, there is no reason for Miyu to go back to Japan when most of her fans are outside Japan (mostly in Korea). She'll probably go solo in Japan later in her career, but not at this point.

Last edited:

GuardianofTheCosmicRealm

Servant Of Luda Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭229,700
Hello, I am following Miyu's activities very closely and there's absolutely no reason for panicking like this. 😅

Mystic filmed something with Miyu back in June, so there's definitely something in the works there (possibly Monthly YJS).

Mystic did not change its CEO this year.

Yoon Jongshin hasn't been Mystic's CEO for 5 years (he stepped down in 2014), but he remained as the chief producer.
Jo Youngchul has been Mystic's CEO since 2016, after taking over from Lee Hakhee (2014-2016).

If Jo Youngchul is the one who offered Miyu a contract (March), why would he kick her out after just a few months?

The cancellation of listen stages isn't similar to Jimin's situation. Jimin never had a cancellation, she just simply stopped having stages after April.
Actually it's more similar to Soomin's change of schedule last month. Her listen stage with Siyoon got cancelled the day before, and 3 weeks later her PRODUCE101 Medley cover with Kenta came out. In a similar way, it's more likely that Miyu was busy with something and she had no time to prepare for the listen stages.

I think she is preparing for her performance at Yodobashi Church on August 3.

Yes, it's that Kim Haram. :)

Miyu, Soomin and Suhyun are currently the most well-known trainees at Mystic. They're Mystic's biggest assets in terms of bringing initial attention to the future gg.

For those who don't know, he is also the label owner of A-Pop Entertainment (Brown Eyed Girls) which became a subsidiary of Mystic.

Can you tell me where you read this?

Yeah, being a soloist in Japan is not easy. She'll need to start from scratch gaining new fans and that will take very long without a powerful label who can promote her well (drama tie ups, etc).

In any case, there is no reason for Miyu to go back to Japan when most of her fans are outside Japan (mostly in Korea). She'll probably go solo in Japan later in her career, but not at this point.

Thank you for this post. I feel reassured now :)

yknok

Nugu Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭273,220
It is quite common for something which was filmed to not released if things change.

If things don't really change, Miyu is probably going to try a ccm career in Japan, possibly contacting korean churches too. (Korea has lots of churches)

Cho Yongchul was nominally the CEO of Mystic for some time, but until quite recently Yoon Jongshin was running the show. However, YJS is now leaving Korea for some time, and Cho is now running the show. What Cho is looking for is another IU, and Miyu is not someone Cho is looking for.

For people with Miyu's age and experience, it is a time to be concerned, not getting content to. She doesn't really have too much time trying to debut.

Reverie

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,075
Thank you for this post. I feel reassured now :)

You're welcome :)

Cho Yongchul was nominally the CEO of Mystic for some time, but until quite recently Yoon Jongshin was running the show. However, YJS is now leaving Korea for some time, and Cho is now running the show.

I understand that Yoon Jongshin is the chief producer and is Mystic's "face"/representative, but he left the business part to others from 2014.

Yes, he is leaving Korea later this year, but he was preparing his Nomad Project since 2017, so it's been in the works for quite a while.

What Cho is looking for is another IU, and Miyu is not someone Cho is looking for.

Can you tell me where he mentioned this? Or is it speculation? If he's looking for the next IU, wouldn't Minseo fulfill that role? Why would he still be looking if Mystic already has Minseo? Also, you didn't answer my question in my previous post. Could you tell me where you got it from?

Anyway, she's still only a trainee, with only about 4 months into training so far. A contract usually lasts for a year.
She's still following Mystic's accounts, retweeted Soomin's mashup on June 12, liking Mystic-related content on instagram, etc.
I don't think it's worth fretting over getting no content for about a month. 😅
Listen stages get delayed/cancelled like every month. It's no big deal lol

Hearthii

Miyukat
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50
Cho Yongchul is not a household name in the Kpop world. He is the husband of the lyricist Kim Eana, but more importantly, he developed one singer who has been so significant for Korean Pop (although not KPop) - IU.

It was Yoon Jongshin's idea to bring Miyu to Mystic. Cho Yongchul puts more emphasis on younger ones.

Miyu's schedules were removed because there is a big dispute between Japan and Korea (too long to recite here) but still it is not good for Miyu.
Hey, i believe that Cho Yongchul and miyu have good term, they follow each other.🤔

UMJI MOODS

엄지는 내 장미 VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,685,713
I'm sure that it has more to do with the Japan ban than anything else. Some people might show up and give her a hard time.

Top Bottom