Need advise on this

Kstarnet

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭756,265
My co-worker is thinking that I'm not doing any work where as I am and helping her to gather information for her work. Since it is a big project, I only have half an hour lunch break and straight go to work after that and not looking at my phone. While she have one hour lunch break and still typing on her phone. She suddenly wants me to complete the work within an hour with 100% accuracy and references

As for me, I rather be slow and steady in work as I'm pretty careless. As I was completing my work with full concentration, she suddenly accuse me of slacking and "not doing work for 2 hours". I was surprised because with her very own eyes can see that I'm pretty busy gathering information. If she doesn't she needs new glasses

She told me that she's been waiting for "very long" for the work and told that the information that I gathered with an older colleague is "useless". I told her that I need another hour for the work to complete as I need reasonable deadline to get the job done but she only give half an hour, which I complete it by email her the references and work.

Not only that, she complained about me to the older colleague saying that I'm not listening and must listen to her.

In short, she accuse me of slacking and not listening whereas I'm not

OutroTearTheFirst

Oh, I'm sorry, but nobody does evil the way I do! Fourth Place HoE
Reaction score
On a picnic with gasppepe eating nugget peepo
Plus Coins
⨭376,050
Pronouns
She/Her
question: is your co-worker higher in seniority (in the company) than you?

Also, I would would have told her I AM working, so to not accuse me of doing nothing. I wouldn't have said it so nicely either :]]]]

Bchip

ᴀ ʜ ɢ ᴀ s ᴇ Events VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,882,300
Pronouns
He/Him
First of all, i think you should explain the whole situation (just like you did here) to your coworker through email and demand her to stop bad mouthing you. If she insists, take the e-mail to a superior. Once again explain the whole situation and make pretty clear that you tried to reach an agreement with her but it didn't work.

ladyxim

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭89,900
If people accuse me of not working I produce my checklist of things I did and the output from those efforts
Its usually more than they expected then they leave me alone
I have a laidback attitude and people confuse that for me not being productive but when I bring out what I've actually done that speaks for itself

So my advice is show proof of everything you did. If you researched for 2 hours document that. Show all the things you did to gather info and all the info you gathered. If she didn't like what you gathered, ok, but you can still prove that you did some research and yielded some results

Jibang

Sowon ♥️ Yerin ♥️ Eunha ♥️ Yuju ♥️ SinB ♥️ Umji ♥️ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭160,300
I've seen this happen a few times. A co-worker wants a promotion or pay-rise, so they make out a colleague is no good and try to get rid of them - the money saved can go to them instead. I'd mention it to your superior first before they try anything.

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
I dunno the hierarchical situation in your workplace. I guess you could talk with your project manager about your situation if he or she isn't too biased toward your co-worker and is a reasonable person.

If the well is already poisoned, be sure to do your job the best you can and show the results, so your hardwork can be traced back to you and not be stolen by someone else. Hope the situation improves.

I guess the last resort is to have a conversation with your co-worker and hope he or she can see your way.

Kstarnet

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭756,265
question: is your co-worker higher in seniority (in the company) than you?

Also, I would would have told her I AM working, so to not accuse me of doing nothing. I wouldn't have said it so nicely either :]]]]
She's almost the same level as me.

When she first accuse me this, I was surprised about this and told her that I was spending the whole morning for the project. She just think what I'm doing that morning is "not important".

First of all, i think you should explain the whole situation (just like you did here) to your coworker through email and demand her to stop bad mouthing you. If she insists, take the e-mail to a superior. Once again explain the whole situation and make pretty clear that you tried to reach an agreement with her but it didn't work.
Yes, I did explain to her about this and she just think that I have an "attitude". She also threatens to complain to an older colleague which tells me to listen to her.

I already raise this issue to my boss and told him that I would talk to him about this on Monday

If people accuse me of not working I produce my checklist of things I did and the output from those efforts
Its usually more than they expected then they leave me alone
I have a laidback attitude and people confuse that for me not being productive but when I bring out what I've actually done that speaks for itself

So my advice is show proof of everything you did. If you researched for 2 hours document that. Show all the things you did to gather info and all the info you gathered. If she didn't like what you gathered, ok, but you can still prove that you did some research and yielded some results
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to do that as well. I would shove my week's timetable with my boss' approval to her if she's not satisfied

I've seen this happen a few times. A co-worker wants a promotion or pay-rise, so they make out a colleague is no good and try to get rid of them - the money saved can go to them instead. I'd mention it to your superior first before they try anything.
Thanks, I'm going to do that on Monday

I dunno the hierarchical situation in your workplace. I guess you could talk with your project manager about your situation if he or she isn't too biased toward your co-worker and is a reasonable person.

If the well is already poisoned, be sure to do your job the best you can and show the results, so your hardwork can be traced back to you and not be stolen by someone else. Hope the situation improves.

I guess the last resort is to have a conversation with your co-worker and hope he or she can see your way.
As for the hierarchical, we are almost the same

If the problem can't be solved, I would do my work's timetable, let my boss sign and shove it to her as evidence

Top Bottom