Official Football thread

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭412,150
Retirement for one of the best defender of these 15 last years and one of the few Italian players who were top level because this wasn't the greatest era for italian football.

At least he won one Euro, and he was the captain

SeoyeonJelly

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl Blog Lead VIP+ Donor Early SupportersTop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,479,400
Retirement for one of the best defender of these 15 last years and one of the few Italian players who were top level because this wasn't the greatest era for italian football.

At least he won one Euro, and he was the captain

Legend of Juventus and Italy for sure

SeoyeonJelly

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl Blog Lead VIP+ Donor Early SupportersTop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,479,400
And Sancho is back to Dortmund on loan. No doubt that he have insane talents, but he is one of those who always victimized himself and I am glad to see the back of him.

SeoyeonJelly

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,479,400
The match between Japan and Vietnam in the Asian Cup have just concluded. A very thrilling match especially the 1st half. At one point, Vietnam took a surprise lead. Vietnam honestly played really well, but Japan eventually manage to unlock them.

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭998,250
Klopp leaving Liverpool after this season ends was certainly not on my bingo card.

Now I just need Pep to piss off or City to be declared guilty of what everyone already knows they've done, whichever comes first.

BianTwo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭412,150
End of group round in both African and Asian Cup. Ghana, Tunisia, Algeria are already out.

obp8xo7xngec1.jpeg

1iqwcm60cmec1.jpeg

Last edited:

SeoyeonJelly

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,479,400
Klopp leaving Liverpool after this season ends was certainly not on my bingo card.

Now I just need Pep to piss off or City to be declared guilty of what everyone already knows they've done, whichever comes first.

He is someone I am a fan of when he was still at Dortmund and I was really sad that Liverpool got him, as I am a Man Utd fan. He is no doubt a liverpool legend. Will he end his reign in Liverpool as EPL champ? Let see.

End of group round in both African and Asian Cup. Ghana, Tunisia, Algeria are already out.

obp8xo7xngec1.jpeg

1iqwcm60cmec1.jpeg

I been watching Asian Cup whenever I can as an Asian. Indonesia play well better than I expected. I expected Vietnam to defeat them but Indonesia is brave and put them to the sword. Maybe if Vietnam isn't missing their key players, but I can't deny Indonesia the credit they deserve.

Japan have a shock result. And Zion their main keeper who Man Utd wanted to sign, behave like the Onana of Japan with some silly mistakes.

Korea. Sigh. They have their golden generation but at the same time one of their worst manager of all time.

SeoyeonJelly

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,479,400
And South Korea just defeated Saudi Arabia in the Asian Cup round of 16!

Saudi Arabia took the lead in the 46th minute. Was a well deserved lead for them as Korea was playing pretty stagnant. It took till the 80th minutes onward before Korea finally started their full attacking. Added time was 10 minutes, and just when all hopes seem lost, Cho Gue Sung pop up with a header in the 99th minute to take it to extra time.

While Korea have their chances too in the extra time, they were wasteful and almost paid for it when Saudi Arabia counter attacked on the break, but they got saved by Jo Hyeonwoo.

And we move on to penalty shootout!

Korea scored all their penalty, while the third and fourth penalty from Saudi Arabia was saved by Jo Hyeonwoo guessing the right way both time!

I been a fan of Jo Hyeonwoo and I am glad that he got the chance to be a hero again. I still remember his man of the match performance against Germany quite a few years back when korea upset Germany in the World Cup. But he eventually lost his #1 spot. The main keeper got injured during this Asian Cup though and now Hyeonwoo got his chance again.

SeoyeonJelly

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,479,400
And Japan the top favourite for the Asia Cup have been knocked out by Iran

SeoyeonJelly

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,479,400
Jo Hyeon-woo have been my Keeper of the tournament so far at the Asian Cup. I have always wonder why he didn't get a chance to play for a Europe club. He always been consistent in his performance and was excellent against Germany at the 2018 World Cup.

BianTwo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭412,150
Jo Hyeon-woo have been my Keeper of the tournament so far at the Asian Cup. I have always wonder why he didn't get a chance to play for a Europe club. He always been consistent in his performance and was excellent against Germany at the 2018 World Cup.

Maybe it's similar to many players from Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran, South Africa, etc. Some of them are capable to play at the highest level in Europe but :

Too far from their home, it's not that easy to move and live alone or with your family abroad and you don't know if you'll stay for some months or 10 years, cultural differences, etc.
They are already paid a lot where they live and play
They are known, they are celebrities in their country, or they are happy and live very well already, no need to move

So it's good for them personally

However it can be detrimental and limit the national team performance, as seen for Mexico for example : since 1994 they always qualified for the World Cup but never gone further than the Round of 16

SeoyeonJelly

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,479,400
Anyway look like Korea is out of the Asian Cup. Currently down by 2 goals... Unless they can somehow stage yet another comeback in injury time.

Top Bottom