ONE PIECE Anime announces hiatus to return in 2025 + remake of "Fishman Island" arc announced!

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,888,275

they say the reason is due to the increased quality of the animation in the latest arc they need more time to prepare personally while is true that the animation is pretty good these days, almost movie quality, the main reason is because they are very close to the manga and they need to wait for chapters but they don't want to make filler

meanwhile a remake of the first post time skip Fishman island was announced is going to have new animation and no filler, just to give a comparison of how much extra stuff was put in there the original anime version have almost 60 episodes and the remake is going to have 21

comparison

GZxVXFxaAAMRsYN

GZxVXFuaAAEKPSl

Last edited:

Ackerman

Everything Everywhere All at Once Administrator
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭38,928,684
I've been saying for a while they really should just take a break. There's no need to keep up the weekly releases. Its been going on for over 20 years, I'd be ok with seasonal releases instead of weekly if it meant good quality control and no filler stuff.

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,888,275
they really don't have tooooo the old version was cute cute
i liked the flashbacks (queen otohime, kizaru vs arlong, fisher tiger) but the pace was soooo slow, honestly i found it frustrating specially since it was the first big arc of the post time skip

personally i would prefer if instead of remaking an old arc they animated the chapter cover stories, those are full chapters that have never been in the anime

I've been saying for a while they really should just take a break. There's no need to keep up the weekly releases. Its been going on for over 20 years, I'd be ok with seasonal releases instead of weekly if it meant good quality control and no filler stuff.
OP is the biggest manga so you would expect toei to give them the royalty treatment instead it has been a really meh version this past decade it wasn't until wano they started putting more effort

toei are a little desperate right now because after akira toriyama death they may lost dragon ball anime rights also in 2026 the full remake of ONE PIECE by Wit studio is going to start airing and that one is going to be their biggest competition, Wit's OP is going to be seasonal, have no filler and have top tier animation day one

Top Bottom