"One Piece" sets Guinness world record for selling over 500 Million issues, Eiichiro Oda surpasses J.K Rollings as the 9th best selling author ever

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,520,325

One Piece Manga Sets Guinness World Record With Over 500 Million Published​

Shueisha announced on Thursday that Eiichiro Oda's One Piece manga has surpassed 500 million copies published worldwide as of the release of the manga's 103rd compiled book volume on the same day.

416,566,000 of those copies are in Japan, and 100 million copies are in 60 countries and territories outside of Japan. (In the past, Shueisha has used the Japanese term for "published" in reporting its manga statistics, but clarified that these figures include both print and digital copies.)​
with the announcement Oda surpassed J.k Rollings and became the 9th best selling fiction author in history

AuthorMin. estimated salesMax. estimated salesOriginal languageGenre and/or major worksNumber of booksNationality

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,520,325
Congratulations!

I am surprised that I only recognize 4 names in the top 10: Shakespeare, Agatha Christie, Oda and JKR.
for some reason i thought that Stephen King and Tolkien would be higher

also i'm surprised that there aren't Chinese / Indian authors there, you would think that being the most popular countries would give them an edge

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
for some reason i thought that Stephen King and Tolkien would be higher

also i'm surprised that there aren't Chinese / Indian authors there, you would think that being the most popular countries would give them an edge
I'm sure Mao's Little Red Book was distributed in such numbers that he'd be on this list but perhaps it was mostly given away to the people and not sold.

It just dawned on me that the list is restricted to fiction writers (although you could argue that Mao fits that description)

Last edited:
Top Bottom