Onew to leave SM entertainment after 16 years

RussianRoulette

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭964,650
Pronouns
She/Her
Right after it was announced Taemin will be leaving SM entertainment, it has been announced Onew will be leaving SM as well.

Onew has currently been on hiatus for the past few months due to health issues.

At the moment there has been no announcements regarding his plans for joining a new company.

There has also been no clarification on if he will be doing what Taemin is doing and only leaving for solo activities but staying with SM for Shinee activities. (I will update if clarification is announced.)

RussianRoulette

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭964,650
Pronouns
She/Her
Wow is this some exodus?
Literally other Shawols and I right now :viva: :

giphy.gif

Onew hasn’t clarified if he’s leaving SM and Shinee yet so we’re all scared.

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭196,200
Pronouns
He/Him
I wouldn't be that surprised if he doesn't want to promote solo anymore and will only join for SHINee promotions (or maybe not even that if his health is still poor.)

SM seems to be treating Key and Minho well as solo acts recently so maybe they'll stay? Having some members still in SM will probably help them negotiate group promotions better.

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,600
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
sm really is a mess

Reactions: dnb

Thigh-high feminist

Stan Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,850
Pronouns
she
Onew's leaving SM doesn't surprise me as much as Taemin's leaving (dude was a preteen when he joined).
Even though I freaking love his vocals, I hope Onew (aside from Shinee's comebacks) takes more time off to chill and enjoy life. He is glowing now after looking like he was completely gutted last year.

RM said it best, (paraphrasing) he hates the part of the business that dictates that you ALWAYS have to be working on something.

That's abusive. Ugh.

Top Bottom