Random Thoughts

Beefy

Billion Dollar Bitch
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,773,435
Pronouns
They/Them
I hate it here. I’m gonna move as far away as I can get from this house and never speak to these people again :viva:

Bobo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,100
one (1) message from the uni people and my mood gets ruined
IIxsUgo.gif

Beefy

Billion Dollar Bitch
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,773,435
Pronouns
They/Them
Really thinking about making GWSN my ults, they’ve really gotten me thru some shit recently :brbdying:

Qoptyi

Hallyuboo Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭304,200
I like both Blackpink and BTS, but this obsession with views and records is just getting out of hand. (I must admit I've probably got caught up with it in the past.) 24 hours is such a random timeframe to focus on. What does 1 day even represent anyway? If anything, it's just a function of how intense a fandom is or how famous a group is. It doesn't really tell us anything about the song's popularity. Blackpink could have released the worst song in Kpop history yesterday and it still would have broken records. And how many times does YouTube have to tell us that they spend ages unwinding loads of fake views driven by bots and all sorts of weird AI. And people complain that they freeze the view count. Yeah, because it's being flooded with dodgy views from bots!

Of course it's sort of fun to witness a video getting dozens of millions of views so soon after uploading, but it's probably more interesting to wait, like, a month or something to get an idea of song's true popularity. I've just thought of BBoom BBoom which I recall wondering at the time if Momoland would get to 5 million by the end of January and that would be amazing for them. That video has now got 436m views! In my opinion that song is the most naturally popular Kpop song in recent years. Fandom didn't get them that. The quality of the song did.

P.S. Before anyone goes crazy, I'm think Blackpink are really cool by the way. I'm actually a fan. I even watched the premiere yesterday so I'm in the 90 million views somewhere or whatever it is now. I even watched the video three times in the first 15 minutes. Actually, wait a minute..... maybe I'm part of the problem!! :unsure::LOL:

Happy

Sleepy Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭141,750
I had to really to check if it's spell favorite or favourite. I always spell it favourite. :unsure:

So favorite is for in American English and favourite is for in British English.

I see. Now I understand.

Beefy

Billion Dollar Bitch
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,773,435
Pronouns
They/Them
Sometimes I'll just be vibing then remember that The Boyz released Water and ruin the rest of my day. That song is a plague amongst TBZ discography and it must be destroyed at all costs.

Top Bottom