Red Velvet Contract Renewal Update

RussianRoulette

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭994,800
Pronouns
She/Her
This is an update but also not sort of an update?

We have a lot of Redveluv’s here so when this news dropped on twitter I thought it I would share it here as well.

Red velvet’s contracts expire at the end of this summer, 10 years after their debut.

In a recent article it was confirmed again that both Irene and Seulgi have renewed their contracts with SM. This news was first shared a few months ago back in 2023.

Despite their team members renewing over 6 months ago, it was confirmed again in the article that as of today, April 2024, Wendy and Joy still have yet to renew their contracts with SM. Since they debuted in August they have around 4 months left to reach an agreement in renegotiations.

Last week Wendy had an interesting reaction to a fan stating they wish to join SM. Between that fan call and the news today that she still has not renewed fans are speculating what her plans might be.

Many other senior SM artists have begun leaving with the 2 most recent being SHINee’s Onew and Taemin.

Since Yeri debuted later her contract will also be expiring later, though it was said in the article Yeri has also not renewed yet as well.

Does this news that they are still negotiating all these months later surprise you? Do you think they will renew? Why or why not?

The article seems to be wondering if they will be following Girls Generation’s footsteps where some renew but some don’t but return for group activities.

sooat

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭89,650
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm not a reveluv but from what I can see wendy is the only one not renewing for sure...I don't know how joy's situation is, if she ever complained about sm

yyShin

Thє ℓʋηα Divineɾ 신
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭189,100
I feel like they may leave and stay with groups promotion like onew and taemin :/
surprised irene renewed, she must have brought a gun to the conctract negotiations

Seunghee's Eyebrows

그댄 나의 Angel Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,676,038
I'm not a reveluv but from what I can see wendy is the only one not renewing for sure...I don't know how joy's situation is, if she ever complained about sm
Wendy pretty much unofficially said she will re-sign with this statement when promoting the survival show a few months back

Winter Bear

Hallyuboo Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,700
Pronouns
She/Her
I see Joy moving to an acting focused agency if the deal from SM isn’t everything she wants.

jnkyeom

Pink Venom Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,700
Pronouns
she/her
Whichever path taken, I honestly can't believe it's going to be 10 years with them. Will fully support whatever they do

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,507,809
Does this news that they are still negotiating all these months later surprise you? Do you think they will renew? Why or why not?
Not at all considering how long it took BLACKPINK to come to a solution re: their contract w/ YG
:squirtlechristmas:
I don't see it as much of a problem if they choose to part ways w/ SM anymore. Since the company has been more willing to work together with artists even if they leave the company as an individual.(see SNSD, Super Junior, Exo, etc.)

Top Bottom