# SECRET NUMBER / Lockeys Official Thread #

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,585,670

some said he's her campus friend :munchlax:

she supposedly posted this apology on Weverse soon after :noooo: . I was gonna send her a nice response comment but I guess you need to be a paid subscriber. :rolleyes:
I don't think Lockeys wanted her to feel bad. Sometimes fans can over-exaggerate and is just joking.
However, with recent dating "scandals" guess any idol can never be too sure how fans really react. And also since it's social media you can't tell if someone is joking or not.
Nonetheless, she didn't have to apologize but was nice to clear it up :pandasantacookie:. Not that I wouldn't stop loving her.
And whoever took the video should not have done it. And whoever tweeted maybe should delete it. :omfgpepe:

Last edited:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,585,670
DENISE DROPPING MORE TEA :TeaPar:
honestly I love her. I agree with everything she says.
she goes off at the end. I've been saying before when I first got into kpop over 10 yrs ago it used to be fun. Now everything is competition and fanwars. it's kinda sad. I'm glad this forum has not been affected by antis/haters/trolls.
I forget the name of the last forum I was in. was it OneHallyu? Every day someone will post a thread bashing some idol. :rolleyes:

ALSO WANTED TO SAY THIS GIVES A LOT OF INSIGHT AS TO PROBABLY WHY DENISE LEFT SENUM. IT WASN'T ANYTHING PERSONAL OR WITH THE COMPANY. I BELIEVE SHE JUST GOT TO A BREAKING POINT WHERE HER PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH JUST BECAME A PRIORITY. AND YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THAT.

Last edited:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭439,750
DENISE DROPPING MORE TEA :TeaPar:
honestly I love her. I agree with everything she says.
she goes off at the end. I've been saying before when I first got into kpop over 10 yrs ago it used to be fun. Now everything is competition and fanwars. it's kinda sad. I'm glad this forum has not been affected by antis/haters/trolls.
I forget the name of the last forum I was in. was it OneHallyu? Every day someone will post a thread bashing some idol. :rolleyes:

ALSO WANTED TO SAY THIS GIVES A LOT OF INSIGHT AS TO PROBABLY WHY DENISE LEFT SENUM. IT WASN'T ANYTHING PERSONAL OR WITH THE COMPANY. I BELIEVE SHE JUST GOT TO A BREAKING POINT WHERE HER PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH JUST BECAME A PRIORITY. AND YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THAT.

Competition and fanwars became more visible because K-pop is much more known and spread around the world. And with Twitter, Reddit, TikTok, Instagram it's even more accessible. And since people are more often online and without the fear of any consequences...
Those existed 10-15 years ago but it a different way since internet and K-pop wasn't in the same state. The toxicity was always there sadly.

H+ thankfully set a bar or a standard so we don't get threads bashing a group or an idol, or any thread about hate articles, etc. At least from my experience I never saw those.

As for Denise leaving Secret Number I think it was pretty obvious : the industry wasn't for her, too strict, too harsh and not healthful, but nothing against her former company or former members. I think it's often the case for idols who leave their group a few months after their debut or during their early days.

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,585,670
Competition and fanwars became more visible because K-pop is much more known and spread around the world. And with Twitter, Reddit, TikTok, Instagram it's even more accessible. And since people are more often online and without the fear of any consequences...
Those existed 10-15 years ago but it a different way since internet and K-pop wasn't in the same state. The toxicity was always there sadly.

H+ thankfully set a bar or a standard so we don't get threads bashing a group or an idol, or any thread about hate articles, etc. At least from my experience I never saw those.

As for Denise leaving Secret Number I think it was pretty obvious : the industry wasn't for her, too strict, too harsh and not healthful, but nothing against her former company or former members. I think it's often the case for idols who leave their group a few months after their debut or during their early days.

well. yeah. I understand the logistics of how and why it became more toxic from social media. :p:giggle: I'm just saying how it sucks. While saying the toxicity was always there I agree but it's definitely become more of a problem these days.

When people say "hybe ruined kpop" I can kinda agree :ROFLMAO:. I never wanted or asked for kpop to go mainstream or global. One of the reasons why I got into kpop was because it was a small and private community. Only a few international fans were into or knew about it. It's was "bubble gum" pop and cringe outfits and makeup. Thats what I mean when I say "used to be fun". Now everything is serious and overanalyzed. idols get judged for the outfits they wear. "oh.. they should fire the stlylists. it's cringe." um.. that's the point? It's kpop.. this aint no fashion show. These fans would never last back in 1st or 2nd gen. era. And kpop music now is becoming westernized. They seem concerned with targeting Billboard (for whatever reason).

Like if something like this were to come out now. They be cancelled by kpop fans and get hate.

Now whenever someone asked "oh you into Kpop. So you like BTS and/or BP?" :rolleyes: Cuz basically that's all they know. And non-media/non-kpop sites keep shoving the same names down people's throats so ofc those names will get popular "globally." The only kpop radio station where I live keeps playing the same songs over and over. ie. NJ, BTS, BP. And it's not even the newer songs. They keep playing songs like 'super shy'.. etc. Its like dude.. c'mon. they just had a comeback stop playing 4 yr old songs. In fact, there are so many comebacks and new kpop artists they could promote and play but it's like every 5 minutes.. NJ, BP, BTS! :yooheadache:

Anyway, well.. Denise is really very open. I think it was when she was on Eric Nam show. She said basically she dream of being a singer but in order to do that you kind of "have to be an idol." The way she kinda of debut in Secret Number also seemed a bit rushed and/or unplanned. Cuz I used to follow her and Jinny instagram. Denise was the only one who wasn't a VINE trainee. But she got to know Dita from Jinny. And whenever she went to Korea would hang out with Jinny. ie. thats how she got to know the other members. And my theory was that somehow Denise got approached by VINE or vice-versa and that's how their group was formed. I think at that point Denise figured.. "well why not..." But... eventually things change. And probably the best to end it early than to prolong something you totally don't feel good about. Cuz it will affect the other members too. She's seems happy now just singing at events when she can. But it was also sad to hear her say her voice is not what it used to be.

In fact, we probably be all surprised that many idols have this problem as well. Someone like Wendy and Baekhyun get praised for their voices. But even them have said how they have nodes. :feelsblankie:

Last edited:
Top Bottom