So what is the future for the iz*one members now that their disbandment is confirmed

Astro

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,650,100
Eunbi - solo debut

Sakura - back to Japan

Hyewon - 8D creative ngg

Yena - added to everglow

Chaeyeon - WM ngg

Chaewon - added to rocket punch

Minju - urban works ngg, solo debut, or acting?

Nako - back to Japan

Hitomi - back to Japan but I think she could possibly debut in a Korean gg

Yuri - solo debut

Yujin - starship ngg

Wonyoung - starship ngg

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭85,500
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
chaewon will be my bias :LovePar:

Qoptyi

Hallyuboo Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭304,200
I've always wondered about the Japanese members. They've all now learnt Korean, so interestingly a whole new opportunity has opened up for them. As individuals, they each might like to stay in Korea. But of course AKB48 is big and Japan is a huge market. Still, makes me wonder if one of them thinks "I quite like this K-pop life" and stays. 🤔

kimsguardian

◗▐⯊▄▌◖◖▐⯊◖ Sixth Place HoETop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭486,649
Pronouns
He/Him
i thought hyewon & minju will comeback as idols but they'll try to acting, similar to sohye who's belongs to acting agency
too bad for chaeyeon if she'll put into wm ngg bcs she's deserve solo debut, which i believe she'll do great like chungha

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I've always wondered about the Japanese members. They've all now learnt Korean, so interestingly a whole new opportunity has opened up for them. As individuals, they each might like to stay in Korea. But of course AKB48 is big and Japan is a huge market. Still, makes me wonder if one of them thinks "I quite like this K-pop life" and stays. 🤔
I'm not sure how they've adapted to kpop life but based on what they have waiting for them in Japan Hitomi would seem most likely to pursue a career in Korea. I don't think she'll be a top member in AKB when she returns. Sakura might also move on from HKT48 but she might stay for a year or two and I'm not sure if she's going to Korea.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
I'm not sure how they've adapted to kpop life but based on what they have waiting for them in Japan Hitomi would seem most likely to pursue a career in Korea. I don't think she'll be a top member in AKB when she returns. Sakura might also move on from HKT48 but she might stay for a year or two and I'm not sure if she's going to Korea.
I feel like unless she really loves idol life Sakura will be an actress/ytuber/variety star in Japan after quitting 48. I feel like after being at the top of both the jpop and kpop world I'd want to take time to explore other passions than starting from the bottom and competing with a lot of my group-mates, but who knows really.

Last edited:

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
i thought hyewon & minju will comeback as idols but they'll try to acting, similar to sohye who's belongs to acting agency
too bad for chaeyeon if she'll put into wm ngg bcs she's deserve solo debut, which i believe she'll do great like chungha
Unfortunately it's p much confirmed that Hyewon will be in a gg since 8d is debuting one (planned by jaden jeong of all people...) and I doubt they'd get any attention without her. I think it's a bad idea bc being brutally honest I don't think Hyewon is the type to carry a group either talent or popularity wise, but I guess they figure what $ they can make from international wizones is worth the potential failure (it's the company who gets the first share after all).

For Chaeyeon, I mean it was time for wm to debut a ngg w omg finally stable and if they have a popular trainee they're not gonna just let her go off on her own while the ngg struggles. Chaeyeon trained with all the girls for about 2 years before produce and I have good vibes about the dynamic. And since Chaeyeon's popularity is based on her talents w a majority of the support from female fans I don't see them losing interest in her as soloist after she becomes older so I don't think a few more years in a group would hurt as long as their concept fits.

Last edited:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭508,750
Yujin and Wonyoung : Obviously Starship's NGG

Yena : Everglow

Chaewon : Rocket Punch

Yuri : Solo, unless Stone plan to debut her in their NGG and why not with Natty. But they lost Sian and Eunyoung is missing.

Eunbi : Solo, however it's possible for her to be added to Rocket Punch but that would make a huge age gap with Dahyun and Yeonhee would lose her leader position, hence changing the whole group dynamic

Sakura, Nako, Hitomi : Return to Japan and graduate later, or graduate then return to South Korea in order to search for a label. Or maybe do some solo stuffs. It's hard to tell.

Minju, Hyewon : I don't think they would fit being an full time idol. Both can go into either acting or modeling. 8D, Hyewon's label, is planning to debut a NGG so I won't be surprised if she's part of the lineup.

Chaeyeon : While waiting until WM debut their NGG, why not release some solo stuffs ?

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653
:TzuyuKek: History says that unless you have Yoo Yeonjung in your group you should go solo

Last edited:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭508,750
1 year later :

Got right for most of them

Got wrong for Yena, Chaewon and Chaeyeon. Except for the latter, I think it was better for them. Even if I do miss Yena being in a group where she can also shine while interacting with her members. Yuehua didn't put everything in the same basket.

I believe Woolim didn't have anything planned for Chaewon so they let her join Hybe/Source

Top Bottom