RussianRoulette

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭966,350
Pronouns
She/Her

I honestly didn’t see this coming :viva:

SM has yet to release an official statement.

He will be continuing with SM for Shinee activities and joining Big Planet Made with Viviz for his solo work.

SHINee’s choreographer, Kany, also joined BPM in January of this year.

Last edited:

RussianRoulette

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭966,350
Pronouns
She/Her
wow....def wouldn't have expected this
Me too.

I never saw him leaving, but if he ever left SM I honestly would have expected him to start his own company? Him joining BPM seems very out of left field. The company seems to have formerly been affiliated with SM so maybe he knows people there?

It’s midnight and I was about to go to bed but I guess I’m going to be up all night now :tears:

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭998,250
Didn't expect this and while I'm worried since this probably means even more infrequent comebacks from SHINee, I'm glad he's leaving SM because they've really not done as much as they could for his solo career. Hope the other members follow suit.

RussianRoulette

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭966,350
Pronouns
She/Her
Didn't expect this and while I'm worried since this probably means even more infrequent comebacks from SHINee, I'm glad he's leaving SM because they've really not done as much as they could for his solo career. Hope the other members follow suit.
I just posted a new thread, but Onew just left as well.

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭198,200
Pronouns
He/Him
The way I misread this I thought you said he was joining Viviz... honestly I'd be there for that.

Damn this must mean internally SHINee is getting shafted, I believe they've said previously they wouldn't leave as long as the group was still being promoted fine.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,900
Pronouns
She/her
Taemin has previously been pretty vocal about being dissatisfied with the way he was being promoted (or not promoted) by SM, but I’m still quite surprised that he is actually leaving.

I’m gonna put my faith in the members and trust that they know what is best for their careers

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,527,666
... they've said previously they wouldn't leave as long as the group was still being promoted fine.

I think Aespa (and maybe NCT, not sure) are the only groups really being promoted by SM nowadays.

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭998,250
I just posted a new thread, but Onew just left as well.
Less surprised about Onew leaving given his health concerns. I could imagine see Minho going to a more acting-focused company while at the same time it does seem plausible that Key is the most likely to renew his contract at SM since it seems like he has a decent amount of creative control over his solo projects.

Top Bottom