Taeyeon DRAGS former SM trainee

Livy

탱구 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,705
Honestly?

You sound butthurt and overreacting. There were no hard feelings in my post yet it made you feel offended? Like why?

Taeyeon is basically calling out someone who is "manipulating memories" while "manipulating memories" herself. It is fact that when we talk about debut (and we ARE talking about debut and trainee years) it was 9. Jessica may not be pleasant memory for her but that happen with coworkers and thats no reason to specifically leaving her contribution to their debut out. So honestly claiming it was 8 members who put everything on line to debut in SNSD is as stupid as claiming you were almost member after spending like 2 weeks in SM.

Saying as someone whos totally ok with SN8D.

Also: Its funny how you have that urge to turn me into delusional shipper. Taeyeon, Tiffany and Jessica were my favourite members. Having favourite members while supporting group is quite common and normal even when you arent into shipping... So leave fanfics for yourself please.
The only butthurt here is the people getting upset that she wrote "us 8" even though they ARE 8.

She's not "manipulating memories", she's not leaving anyone out, she never claimed it was only 8 members who put anything on the line. Please learn to read.
Had she said "we were only 8 to debut" it would've been wrong, but she didn't. She's speaking on behalf of SNSD as they are today, "us 8", that's literally it. Why the hell would she say "us 9" when there is no "us 9"? She can't speak for Jessica because she hasn't been a member in over 5 years, can't you see how weird that would be?

And no I'm not overreacting, I'm reacting exactly like someone who's had to see this bullshit for 5 years now and has had it. Taeyeon was defending SNSD against randoms just using the SNSD name for clout, that is the topic and instead y'all went and made it about something completely different... yet again.

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭306,854
Pronouns
She/Her
The only butthurt here is the people getting upset that she wrote "us 8" even though they ARE 8.

She's not "manipulating memories", she's not leaving anyone out, she never claimed it was only 8 members who put anything on the line. Please learn to read.
Had she said "we were only 8 to debut" it would've been wrong, but she didn't. She's speaking on behalf of SNSD as they are today, "us 8", that's literally it. Why the hell would she say "us 9" when there is no "us 9"? She can't speak for Jessica because she hasn't been a member in over 5 years, can't you see how weird that would be?

And no I'm not overreacting, I'm reacting exactly like someone who's had to see this bullshit for 5 years now and has had it. Taeyeon was defending SNSD against randoms just using the SNSD name for clout, that is the topic and instead y'all went and made it about something completely different... yet again.

out of the 8 members she mentioned, there are people that already left as well, and she's still speaking on behalf of them

she didn't have to say a number at all, it was petty and shady.. we all know how she always felt about jessica, so even if she didnt SAY "we debuted as 8", we know she prob always thought that way

it's not about me accepting anything, I really don't care and like I said, I agreed with taeyeon at the time

it's not like she was even talking about their feelings that she needed to speak on behalf of someone, she just said it's the people who were there sharing the moment. jessica was there. and that's on periodtttt

Livy

탱구 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,705
out of the 8 members she mentioned, there are people that already left as well, and she's still speaking on behalf of them

she didn't have to say a number at all, it was petty and shady.. we all know how she always felt about jessica, so even if she didnt SAY "we debuted as 8", we know she prob always thought that way

it's not about me accepting anything, I really don't care and like I said, I agreed with taeyeon at the time

it's not like she was even talking about their feelings that she needed to speak on behalf of someone, she just said it's the people who were there sharing the moment. jessica was there. and that's on periodtttt
Nope. SNSD are still 8 members, Jessica left (or was kicked, whatever makes you feel better) the group. Tiffany, Seohyun and Sooyoung only left the company and are still acknowledged as SNSD members. If you're a fan you should know this.

You don't know anything about how any of them felt. You're projecting your own feelings over something you're still salty about 5 years later.
She didn't speak about who were there during debut or said anything about them only being 8, she simply spoke for SNSD as they are today. She has no right to speak for Jessica. And the topic wasn't about OT8 or OT9, the topic was about random trainees claiming they should've been in SNSD , she probably gave 0 thought to her writing 8 because 8 is normal for SNSD members and has been for 5 years, her point was to call out the "would've been SNSD members" bullshit claims.

Danee

♥ ANSWER ♥ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭234,495

Context makes the difference. But yeah. Whatever makes you feel better. :okbye:

Livy

탱구 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,705
Context makes the difference. But yeah. Whatever makes you feel better. :okbye:
Yes context, the context you're clearly still too salty about 9/30 for to see. There was no erasure, it was the leader of an 8 member girl group speaking for the 8 members that they're tired that people say they would've been in SNSD when that's bullshit. That these people shouldn't invoke the SNSD name so easily, a privilege that only the people who shed sweat with them should have. Jessica is included in that privilege but people still get too triggered over the number 8 to see it.

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653
No, SNSD is still OT8. Tiffany, Sooyoung and Seohyun left SM.
They still introduce themselves as SNSD members.
:partydogo:

FcY30SO.gif

Beep Boop: SMSD OT(xx) FOREVER

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭388,800
I think even in 20 years people will still fight with this, 9, 8, 5, whatever.

That trainee did a great job to create this mess, this buzz

Mirae Is The Future

Baek Yerin's Radio Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,295
It's a reach to say "she's only speaking on behalf of her current members" when she's specifically speaking about the struggles to debut and that anyone that wasn't in it shouldn't talk. Not SNSD now. Snsd then. That is 9.

Taeyeon could have made her point and not said a number at all

Let's not act like SNSD hasn't actively tried to write Jessica out of existence before this

lilsone

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,620
I'm realllllly a big fan of taeyeon, but I must say I was disappointed.... that was unnecessary to mention. She was reacting to someone claiming to have been apart of the debut line, so that include Jessica aswell. Not the snsd now but the beginning, where they were 9!!!
Jessica on the other hand speaks of her snsd days as beautiful memory that she doesn't regret... it makes you wonder why...!?

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭292,855
Nope. SNSD are still 8 members, Jessica left (or was kicked, whatever makes you feel better) the group. Tiffany, Seohyun and Sooyoung only left the company and are still acknowledged as SNSD members. If you're a fan you should know this.

You don't know anything about how any of them felt. You're projecting your own feelings over something you're still salty about 5 years later.
She didn't speak about who were there during debut or said anything about them only being 8, she simply spoke for SNSD as they are today. She has no right to speak for Jessica. And the topic wasn't about OT8 or OT9, the topic was about random trainees claiming they should've been in SNSD , she probably gave 0 thought to her writing 8 because 8 is normal for SNSD members and has been for 5 years, her point was to call out the "would've been SNSD members" bullshit claims.
While I agree with your take on Taeyeon's words regarding this ex-trainee, let's not us wear rose tinted glasses about this particular bit. It was never a secret that she and Jessica were very obviously on shaky terms at best during her later stay with the group. It's not projecting; Sones managed to make it into a joke when it started to happen, but the disregard that Taeyeon showed Jessica was plain for everyone to see.

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653
I'm realllllly a big fan of taeyeon, but I must say I was disappointed.... that was unnecessary to mention. She was reacting to someone claiming to have been apart of the debut line, so that include Jessica aswell. Not the snsd now but the beginning, where they were 9!!!
Jessica on the other hand speaks of her snsd days as beautiful memory that she doesn't regret... it makes you wonder why...!?

It makes me sick really, as someone who loved Taengsic I can barely look at Taeyeon sometimes. Knowing Jessica is blacklisted going for 5 years... like its not ok. I never want to blame the members tbh its not fair SM obviously had them under some strict rules/nda about talking about that( how many funny ot8/9 oops videos are there now?)... But I just cant stand thinking that Taeyeon would think that Jessica wasn't really a part of the group, or just dismiss what she put into the group... Tiffany is OT8 all the time so whatever:sejeongcry:

The reality is non of ot8 can actually talk about it, but at the same token we aren't stupid. We know Jessica was a founding member who was there for all of their huge successes, I mean they were always 9 forever weren't they or am I getting brainwashed by SM :p

lmao like 9 girls forever was literally their concept:teehee:

"When the MC’s asked if SNSD will ever split, Tiffany answered, “Never.” Yuri continued, “As we get older we may no longer promote, but we will stay forever as nine,” once again emphasizing that there will be no break up of SNSD."

EMuDcUs.gif

Livy

탱구 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,705
It's a reach to say "she's only speaking on behalf of her current members" when she's specifically speaking about the struggles to debut and that anyone that wasn't in it shouldn't talk. Not SNSD now. Snsd then. That is 9.

Taeyeon could have made her point and not said a number at all

Let's not act like SNSD hasn't actively tried to write Jessica out of existence before this
It's not a reach, it's word for word. She's not talking about "only 8" debuted or that "there were 8 people" who debuted. She's speaking on behalf of her members in present tense, "the 8 of us". There is no "the 9 of us" because Jessica is not in the group anymore, she doesn't belong in the notion of "우리". She departed 5 years ago on clearly bad terms so Taeyeon has no right to speak on how she might feel about it.

And again, people being mad when SNSD mentions SNSD as 8 is just :facepalm: Only SNSD can get hate for stating the actual number of members they are.
Get mad if they try to erase her from history, I honestly don't care anymore, but there was no erasure here.
8 or 9 wasn't even close to the point of her message. She was defending SNSD on behalf of her 8 members and said if you didn't practice and sweat with us you shouldn't invoke the SNSD name so easily, Jessica did sweat with them so she does have that privilege, but the 'Voice Queen' contestant does not.

While I agree with your take on Taeyeon's words regarding this ex-trainee, let's not us wear rose tinted glasses about this particular bit. It was never a secret that she and Jessica were very obviously on shaky terms at best during her later stay with the group. It's not projecting; Sones managed to make it into a joke when it started to happen, but the disregard that Taeyeon showed Jessica was plain for everyone to see.
I'm not wearing rose tinted glasses, I'm simply not assuming that I know how any idol "feels" about anything, it's as ridiculous as people assuming their sexuality because oh look fanservice! On one side you have people acting like they hated each other and on the other people acting like they had a secret love affair, all based on people analyzing random moments on camera. It's ridiculous.

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭292,855
I'm not wearing rose tinted glasses, I'm simply not assuming that I know how any idol "feels" about anything, it's as ridiculous as people assuming their sexuality because oh look fanservice! On one side you have people acting like they hated each other and on the other people acting like they had a secret love affair, all based on people analyzing random moments on camera. It's ridiculous.
You're adding 1+1 and coming out with 3. I'm not assuming to know what they were feeling and it has nothing to do with shipping. Jessica and Taeyeon were close one comeback and they weren't anymore the next. I'm not assuming what their feelings were nor claiming to know what happened, only that something did sometime around 2010, and it drastically changed their dynamics. I have no idea if they hated one another, or if it was one sided, but some actions bordered on unprofessional; pointing that out is not "hate".

I'm not taking any sides because I love both Jessica and Taeyeon, it's just stating facts and fixing it or not is up to them, but don't act as if this was some sort of fantasy made up by deluisonal shippers; every single Sone at the time noticed the change.

Livy

탱구 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,705
You're adding 1+1 and coming out with 3. I'm not assuming to know what they were feeling and it has nothing to do with shipping. Jessica and Taeyeon were close one comeback and they weren't anymore the next. I'm not assuming what their feelings were nor claiming to know what happened, only that something did sometime around 2010, and it drastically changed their dynamics. I have no idea if they hated one another, or if it was one sided, but some actions bordered on unprofessional; pointing that out is not "hate".

I'm not taking any sides because I love both Jessica and Taeyeon, it's just stating facts and fixing it or not is up to them, but don't act as if this was some sort of fantasy made up by deluisonal shippers; every single Sone at the time noticed the change.
You're claiming you're not assuming their feelings and yet that's exactly what you're doing. You're basing their closeness on random clips of them on camera, judging them to the point that you're even calling them unprofessional. Do I have to point you to the people going with the opposite narrative for you to understand? I'm not here for assumptions on feelings, I don't do that and it has nothing to do with the topic. A topic that already was derailed lol.

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭292,855
You're claiming you're not assuming their feelings and yet that's exactly what you're doing. You're basing their closeness on random clips of them on camera, judging them to the point that you're even calling them unprofessional. Do I have to point you to the people going with the opposite narrative for you to understand? I'm not here for assumptions on feelings, I don't do that and it has nothing to do with the topic. A topic that already was derailed lol.
Ok, so you don't think they were close at the beginning of their career? Are you saying they suddenly (for us) didn't grow apart? Switch the angle a little bit and look at it this way: It's as if people suddenly claimed Taeyeon and Tiffany could not possibly be close just because we only have a collection of clips of a few moments of their lives and what they've told us in their own words; documentation we also have from Jessica and Taeyeon pre 2010. Set your defensiveness aside for a bit and ask yourself: Does that suddenly not count anymore because it's Jessica vs Taeyeon in your head? Can't have it both ways.

I'm calling it unprofessional because a teammate wanting to grab your attention DURING worktime to relay something, do some fanservice or something else, just to have them turn around without acknowledging the other IS unprofessional regardless of their personal relationship. It wasn't a one time thing either. It is also disappointing because things seemed to be patching things up between them during the Mr. Mr. era; Taeyeon and Jessica were seen sitting, chatting and laughing together. It's a shame that whatever happened happened and things turned out this way.

I'm only replying to the words you said, it's what discussion forums are for.

Last edited:

Shugo

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭850
You're claiming you're not assuming their feelings and yet that's exactly what you're doing.

Just ignore them.. no use to fight them..

"Haters gonna hate.

Know what? Even if Taeyeon says 9, there will be people who hate on her and say things like "how dare she say 9 when she's the one who kicked Jessica out" or they will say "Taeyeon is shameless for saying 9" etc

Honestly, just admit you want to hate on her "

Cr:itsakyo ^^​

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭292,855
Just ignore them.. no use to fight them..

"Haters gonna hate.

Know what? Even if Taeyeon says 9, there will be people who hate on her and say things like "how dare she say 9 when she's the one who kicked Jessica out" or they will say "Taeyeon is shameless for saying 9" etc

Honestly, just admit you want to hate on her "

Cr:itsakyo ^^​
Lmao, once again with the narrative that pointing out something idols did or said is "hating". Real mature.

Top Bottom