The Official MOMOLAND Thread | stream "Yummy Yummy Love" !!

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭508,750

Also time to have some overrall thoughts about the group since they disbanded.

Despite the management, despite being "one hit wonder", they at least managed to get known, to get enough attention and fame to not be totally forgotten.
The group debuted in 2016 after a survival show almost no one knew or saw. They were close to disbandment when Bboom Bboom came and got hugely popular in 2018 along with iKON's Love Scenario.

Jooe also played a part of it, she became a meme, is funny and got into so many shows after that.
Yeonwoo got attention for her visual
Same for Nancy but she also got the attention from international fans, as she's mixte

But relying on a gigantic buzz means it won't last. BAAM, even if it was a good song, looked too similar to Bboom Bboom according to some people.
For me 2020 is the last year MLD really tried to promote them alone before trying other things. After that they got collabs for Wrap Me In Plastic and for Yummy Yummy Love.
They mostly went abroad and had their own stuffs.

For some fans things went down when Daisy, Taeha and Yeonwoo left/got kicked out. They were probably issues in the group and with MLD.
Yeonwoo never wanted to leave at first.
Daisy got kicked out after that dating rumor, then later she had legal fight with her former label. The issue isn't finished yet I think. Her recent words were clear enough : she doesn't care anymore about Momoland and about MLD, so it's up to each one to understand what you want.
Taeha left but since she was among the least popular members, it didn't make noises.
Lost their main vocal, their main rapper and their visual.

For a group who could've ended quickly like any "nugu", they made it to their 7th year and they got a name. Not the most known, not the most popular, but at least anyone who followed K-pop since 2018 knew them.

Jooe and Nancy should do okay since they are the most known/popular members. No idea about the others.

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭16,813
Sad to see Momoland became like this after their incredible viral success. That was the dream of all nugu ggs, go viral and become a hit. It was a big mistake to kick out Taeha, Daisy and Yeonwoo. Without the bad press and angering some of their own fans, Momoland might still keep some of their popularity, even if not as successful as 2018.

I still remember watching their first win behind.

:sejeongcry:

Last edited:
Top Bottom