"THE ONE PIECE" Full Anime Remake of Eiichiro Oda's ONE PIECE announced! + first trailer unveiled, produced by Wit Studio (Spy × Family) and Netflix

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,888,275

is on commemoration of the series 25th anniversary!

i love ONE PIECE, the anime was my introduction to the series but i do admit that in the later parts the animation has been pretty inconsistent and the pacing has been getting worse since they got too close to the manga's current story

so i think is a good thing, ONE PIECE has over 1,000 episodes so it may be hard for new fans to get into, i'm hoping for consistent art direction through the whole thing and to compress several of the slower paced episodes into a single one, just imagine even if they use the events of 3 episodes of the original into 1 of the remake that is still going to end being more that 400 / 500 episodes

babyv004

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭61,495
remaking an ongoing anime? 😒
I am not a hater but is kinda weird that, knowing the anime is still airing. Usually remakes it's for animes that have been out of the screens for decades

Not only that but it seems it will be made by using AI 😬

The more we learn about it, the more you guys should be worried

Chiharu

The Worst Girl in the World Events VIP+ Tenth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,349,582
Not them remaking an anime that's still airing...where are my soul eater and pandora hearts remakes (hell, I'll even take a naruto remake) :tears:

Last edited:

fromisJelly

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl VIP+ Donor Early SupportersTop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭426,000
I don't need new storyline. Just give me faster pacing for the remake

Vampire

your only escape is me Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭100,250
BOOOOO
REMAKE SOMETHING ELSE

Edit: Sorry for the negativity, OP. Personal opinion aside on the news, I hope the remake goes well!

Not them remaking an anime that's still airing...where are my soul eater and pandora hearts remakes (hell, I'll even take a naruto remake) :tears:
I was really hoping for news of a Naruto remake when they released those anniversary videos last year :tears:

I never finished Soul Eater, but I always thought the timing for a remake would be great right now since the creator's other series Fire Force is doing well, so people would be likely to check it out!

Last edited:

Ackerman

Everything Everywhere All at Once Administrator
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭38,928,684
If there's any anime that needs a remake BADLY, its Naruto. About 40% of the original series and Shippuden are filler. That's insane.

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,349,582
BOOOOO
REMAKE SOMETHING ELSE

Edit: Sorry for the negativity, OP. Personal opinion aside on the news, I hope the remake goes well!

I was really hoping for news of a Naruto remake when they released those anniversary videos last year :tears:

I never finished Soul Eater, but I always thought the timing for a remake would be great right now since the creator's other series Fire Force is doing well, so people would be likely to check it out!
Imagine a Naruto remake without all the filler and better writing for chars like Sakura...But I hope the reason for not remaking it doesn't have anything to do with freaking Boruto

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,888,275
Not only that but it seems it will be made by using AI 😬

i thought that mean cgi (which wouldn't good either) hopefully is not going to be done using ai :vaderecto:

although earlier this year Oda said he was interested in how to incorporate Chatgpt into the story

Just give me faster pacing for the remake
if people are interested in watching the anime but are bothered by the pace i recommend checking ONE PACE

personally my only expectations of the remake would be

1) consistent animation
2) no filler

anything else like adapting the cover chapters or fixing some long term continuity issues (an example being Mihawk's eyes which are actually red in the manga but the anime used yellow because they didn't have the official scheme yet) would be a plus

If there's any anime that needs a remake BADLY, its Naruto. About 40% of the original series and Shippuden are filler. That's insane.
Imagine a Naruto remake without all the filler and better writing for chars like Sakura...But I hope the reason for not remaking it doesn't have anything to do with freaking Boruto
they are going to release 4 brand new episodes of Naruto set during part 1, they were supposed to premiere in October i believe right before the start of the part 2 of Boruto but the studio ran into tons of issues and now they are delayed indefinitely

i wouldn't mind a remake of Naruto, maybe if Boruto goes belly up we can get one in the future

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,349,582
i thought that mean cgi (which wouldn't good either) hopefully is not going to be done using ai :vaderecto:

although earlier this year Oda said he was interested in how to incorporate Chatgpt into the story

they are going to release 4 brand new episodes of Naruto set during part 1, they were supposed to premiere in October i believe right before the start of the part 2 of Boruto but the studio ran into tons of issues and now they are delayed indefinitely

i wouldn't mind a remake of Naruto, maybe if Boruto goes belly up we can get one in the future

Not chatgpt...I don't understand how a writer like Oda could want to use a soulless machine for his work...
And I remember hearing about the Naruto episodes. Sucks that they're delayed. I hope they do air within the next year

chocolatier

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,200
And flashbacks. Definitely needs a remake, though I'd be worried if the OST can be as good as the original.

As for One Piece I could never get into it because of the length + animation style. Maybe the remake will fix a lot of that.

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,888,275
And flashbacks. Definitely needs a remake, though I'd be worried if the OST can be as good as the original.
Studio Pierrot plan of releasing 4 original chapters set during early NARUTO was likely a way to gauge interest in a remake but they screwed up and is unlikely they are going to be release doesn't help they are busy with the new season of BLEACH which is looking to be a huge hit at this point is more likely the later gets a remake than NARUTO specially since they don't even want to continue with BORUTO
As for One Piece I could never get into it because of the length + animation style. Maybe the remake will fix a lot of that.
that 1000+ episode count is very intimidating for sure when i started one piece it was still in the 500 range and i couldn't think how i was going to watch all of them that said i think all the pre time skip stuff is pretty easy to watch unlikely the post time skip which is very slow to the point that i switched to the manga after it

chocolatier

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,200
Sighhh

I love pirate-themed things, so I might just have to start watching. Or maybe I'll wait for the remake. I remember reading a few manga volumes of OP and really enjoyed it. Just seems like such a commitment. I'll have to get in the mindset of just taking it easy and enjoying it as opposed to finishing or catching up.

They need to stop screwing up with Naruto I swear.

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,888,275
Sighhh

I love pirate-themed things, so I might just have to start watching. Or maybe I'll wait for the remake. I remember reading a few manga volumes of OP and really enjoyed it. Just seems like such a commitment. I'll have to get in the mindset of just taking it easy and enjoying it as opposed to finishing or catching up.
OP has very little filler and the pacing isn't bad... well at least until the time skip which is 600 episodes into the story

from all the major shonen (Naruto, DB, etc) it's my favorite for sure, i put the story even a little above HxH although the later's anime is way better
They need to stop screwing up with Naruto I swear.
what's worse is that Naruto is the main money maker of TV Tokyo so it's a good question why they are neglecting the franchise

no new major game, no anime, no movies, etc some people think it's because the Boruto manga got bad reception and they may be planning a reboot or alternate story

chocolatier

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,200
from all the major shonen (Naruto, DB, etc) it's my favorite for sure, i put the story even a little above HxH although the later's anime is way better
No way!! Wow....this really says something then. I'm convinced to get into it.

Last edited:

fromisJelly

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl VIP+ Donor Early SupportersTop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭426,000

Don't worry about the number of episodes. Despite the number of episodes, I have already rewatched it a few time while waiting for new episodes. In fact, I am once again starting my rewatch.

Like Stan BiSH mentioned, the pacing did slow down post-time skip but that is due to the anime rapidly catching up to the manga. But if you read the manga, you will marvel at the amazing story by Oda. The way he pierced together bits of info from chapters a decade or so back into something big. The way some information or arc that might be useless or boring in the past turn out to be so crucial. Especially the pre-time skip "Skypiea arc". It is turning out to be so important especially with what is being currently revealed in the current arc.

Even if you end up dropping the anime in the end, do give the manga a shot.

Anyway I just want the remake to fix the pacing, and that will be perfect.

Top Bottom