EVENTS TEAM The Winter H+Olympics 2020 Opening Ceremony!

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
hHbNVOv.png

Hello, I am Stannie and I will be your main host for this event.

If you’re anything like my sister who’s a huge figure skating fan, you must’ve been disappointed when it was announced that multiple sporting events, including the 2020 Olympic Games, would be postponed (albeit for good reasons). There’s little we could do in that regard, but instead of focusing on the things we cannot do, we (the Events Team) prefer to focus on what we can—and that is to deliver a fully social distancing experience of this sports festival.

So, without further ado, we welcome you to the Winter H+Olympic Games of 2020!

UpIvxmr.png

Throughout this event, you will be competing in various games in order to win medals for yourself and for your home team. The medals accumulated are more than just bragging rights, as the top teams and the top athletes will also be rewarded with special prizes at the end!

Users participate in this event by picking any artist (either a solo artist or member of a group) as the representing “athlete.” First come, first served. You will then be assigned into 3 teams based on a sorting survey.

This process will take about 30 hours. Users who join after the initial registration period will be assigned based on availability.

Please note, even if you are not planning to play games and just want to join a team for socialization purposes, you are more than welcome to sign up! Just be sure to indicate this (i.e. that you won’t be playing games) in the survey so we can get you properly sorted.

Anyone may join, but only those who participate in at least 1 game will be eligible for the team grand awards.

For more information on the teams and to sign up, please head over to the
Athlete Registration thread!

uWjv2Nc.png

Good sportsmanship and behavior are expected. Please do not attempt to cheat or collude with other teams. Doing so will result in penalties and a possible game ban.

If you encounter any issues or conflicts during the event, please first speak to your respective team coaches.

Please try to be as honest as possible in your survey responses, so that we can do our best to sort and balance the teams.

If you do not like the team you are sorted into, please still try your best to participate and contribute to your team. In severe cases, contact the Events Team Lead and we will see what we can do.

Please be respectful of all H+ general rules.

Last but not least, have fun and enjoy the ride!

0iR1ljV.png

In addition to orbs, coins, and elite points, the following will also be distributed for all official games in the event:

First place - gold medal.
ElFfpwh.png

Second place - silver medal.
cxlsONd.png

Third Place - bronze medal.
q2fwJie.png

Participation - 1 ribbon.

The medal value is as follows: 2 silver medals = 1 gold; 2 bronze medals = 1 silver; 3 ribbons = 1 bronze.

Individual Rewards

*Based on their cumulative medal value, the top 10 athletes will receive a medal with their final rank on it as an item.
*The top 5 athletes will either receive 1000 trophy points or a temp stamp each.
*The #1 top-ranked athlete will receive a special Award with their chosen idol on it.

Individual tie-breaker is determined in the following order: 1) gold medal count earned individually; 2) silver medal count earned individually; 3) bronze medal count earned individually; 4) the first to win a gold medal; 5) the first to win a silver medal; 6) the first to win a bronze medal; 7) RNG.

Team Rewards

Any team with a combined total of at least 3 gold equivalents* - each active member gets to claim a mascot award of their choice.
Any team with a combined total of at least 5 gold equivalents - each active member gets to claim a second mascot award and their team’s jersey with their chosen artist’s name on it.
The team with the highest count of gold medals - every member gets to share a team unique item, the champion trophy, and the champion banner.

*Gold equivalent means that the medal doesn’t necessarily have to be a gold medal; as long as the combined value of the medals is equal to that of gold.

Even though medals are awarded to the individual athletes rather than their respective teams, if a medal is won via a team game, they’ll only be counted once for the purpose of determining a team’s medal count.

Team tie-breaker is determined in the following order: 1) count of silver medals; 2) count of bronze medals; 3) team that has the highest combined medal value; 4) team that has the highest-ranked athlete; 5) RNG.

N5lWFzZ.png

For the duration of the event, you will be able to display the special awards designed by Awards Lead @mocha for free. They will be removed once the event ends so do grab yours in the
Awards Request Thread as soon as possible.

M145Hpi.png
D0xKRjg.png
r46q6PJ.png
oduiCyd.png

Also, while you are at it, don’t forget to check out and purchase some souvenirs handpicked by the Shop+ Team. They are available for a limited time only!

48FTDBW.jpg
G8S42uS.jpg
1junumm.jpg
vXONHgK.jpg
FycFJ4O.png

Last but not least, many thanks to @roseychu for making the winter reactions and helping with the theme and our many tech-related requests, as well as the Gfx Team for helping to bring this event into life visually.

Forum theme, sign-up thread, torch, and medal gfx cr: @yerm.

Opening & closing threads gfx cr: @Mina.
Coach and athlete banners cr: @mocha.

@Gamer Squad

Last edited:

Chococo

your local superheroine Social Media
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,353,078
Stannie as the main host, I can't believe I am seeing my loveliest grow up so much <3

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
What if I might play one game or maybe 2?

You only have to play 1 game to be eligible for the team prizes! You don't even have to play any game at all if you don't want to. Can just join for fun~

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
Listen, I am not nitpicking because I am a Winter Games fan but the 2020 Olympics were summer. :TzuyuKek:
Stannie lives in an alternate dimension. Where Terry Crews is president of U.S.A, Lichtenstein is a World Super Power even greater than U.S.A. and China combined, and the Winter Olympics was to be held in 2020. :pandasantacookie:

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
Stannie lives in an alternate dimension. Where Terry Crews is president of U.S.A, Lichtenstein is a World Super Power even greater than U.S.A. and China combined, and the Winter Olympics was to be held in 2020. :pandasantacookie:

AJFLSDKJF LET ME LIVE, AKIDOKI :brbdying: This is what happens when your lead overworks you.

soozie

✴︎ Events
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭150,683
congrats on your first big event stannieee

good luck and have fun to everyone playing :FitPar:

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
I might not be able to play every game because of my old computer but I'll do my best to help whatever team Riri team pls adopts me :weep:

Top Bottom