What was the reason behind ANTARES disbanding?

mikaseem

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭32,300
Pronouns
He
Antares started as an eight-member busking and dance cover group but later became a six-member boy group under J-Star Entertainment. In 2020, they seemed to have disbanded as their social media content was removed. what was the exact reason behind it? They doing a comeback in April..

Lilac

fearless of adventure Third Place HoE Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,204,908
probably the lack of company's resources

RussianRoulette

Trainee User of the Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭915,850
Pronouns
She/Her
Antares started as an eight-member busking and dance cover group but later became a six-member boy group under J-Star Entertainment. In 2020, they seemed to have disbanded as their social media content was removed. what was the exact reason behind it? They doing a comeback in April..
Here is the explanation from their Kpop Wiki page:
Sometime in June 2020, the group changed their name to Limit (리미트) and released their debut digital single, "Limitless (You Are) - Limit 1th Album", on January 19, 2021.

They were presumed to have disbanded later that same year after their content was removed from their social media accounts, with members Seunghee and Sukjun to re-debut in a new boy group, ABLUE, in 2022.

However on June 17, 2022, J-Star announced that they would be reorganizing their agency's artists into two groups: ABLUE and ANTARES (the latter changing back to its original name) and that they would be known as AA when performing together.[2] The group re-debuted on April 16, 2023 with the single, "White Code."

Maybe current image was flopping so they decide to regroup? Also if they were a busking group i'm sure covid and the restrictions South Korea had limited their ability to go out and dance/promote. A lot of small kpop groups disbanded around this time due to covid. With the restrictions enforcing masking, curfews, social distancing, and no big crowds i'm sure this hit hard for a group that focused on dancing in the streets to attract a crowd.

Around this time I noticed a LOT of kpop busking groups I would follow on social media sort of disappeared as well.

I don't know why they decided to split into one big group with 2 sub groups, but i'm assuming covid just hit them hard and they had to wait to regroup and debut?

mikaseem

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭32,300
Pronouns
He
Here is the explanation from their Kpop Wiki page:

Maybe current image was flopping so they decide to regroup? Also if they were a busking group i'm sure covid and the restrictions South Korea had limited their ability to go out and dance/promote. A lot of small kpop groups disbanded around this time due to covid. With the restrictions enforcing masking, curfews, social distancing, and no big crowds i'm sure this hit hard for a group that focused on dancing in the streets to attract a crowd.

Around this time I noticed a LOT of kpop busking groups I would follow on social media sort of disappeared as well.

I don't know why they decided to split into one big group with 2 sub groups, but i'm assuming covid just hit them hard and they had to wait to regroup and debut?
Absolutely, it totally makes sense! COVID-19 really hit hard, especially for smaller K-pop groups relying on busking. With all the restrictions like masking, curfews, and social distancing, it must've been super tough for them to keep up their usual routines and connect with fans. It's no wonder some of them disappeared from social media.

It's interesting to think about how they coped during that time. Did you hear any stories about how these groups tried to adapt to the new situation?

Top Bottom