• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moue

⥀⥀⥀
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭313,917
Let me check her solos :wow:
Escape is my favorite! Her voice is unique!

933c94a665b9e1c3877371d18bbd791bf05551a5.gif

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Idol of the Month: July 2020

We have decided we will choose a Japanese idol to add to the OP for each month. We will be taking suggestions for July until the 20th. To send your suggestion, please quote this post with the idol of your choice.
Idol or group?

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Idol of the Month: July 2020

We have decided we will choose a Japanese idol to add to the OP for each month. We will be taking suggestions for July until the 20th. To send your suggestion, please quote this post with the idol of your choice.
Minegishi Minami (Miichan)
6525527.jpg

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
We've put together a little guide for anyone who is new to J-idols, so give it a read if you're curious or have anything else you want to add from personal experience.

Also, we got two submissions for idol of the month of July, do we want to put that up to a vote (at the risk of it being just abra and I arguing over our two choices, but I do not plan on losing that argument)?

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
We've put together a little guide for anyone who is new to J-idols, so give it a read if you're curious or have anything else you want to add from personal experience.

Also, we got two submissions for idol of the month of July, do we want to put that up to a vote (at the risk of it being just abra and I arguing over our two choices, but I do not plan on losing that argument)?
This decision is not big enough for the two of us. This has to be solved through a duel at dawn.
I could also argue that the first idol of the month should be notable, and I don't think there's an active idol who fits that better than Miichan. Even if Ruka might be cuter!

I skimmed through the thread btw, and it seemed great (as expected)! Will read through it a bit more carefully tomorrow as I'm about to go to sleep.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
I know i asked for dark, but Paradises album is great, I may have found my one :poggers:

They're so cute, we will allow.

Honestly, though, if you had told me two years ago WACK would try doing an oudou-style idol group, I would have laughed you right off the internet. I'm glad they're trying harder to make their groups more unique, though, and PARADISES is definitely off to a strong start.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Sorry to double post, but I'm going to be working on a glossary for j-idol fandom terms that we use a lot that could be helpful for new and old fans alike. Are there any terms or phrases that you feel should definitely be included?

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry to double post, but I'm going to be working on a glossary for j-idol fandom terms that we use a lot that could be helpful for new and old fans alike. Are there any terms or phrases that you feel should definitely be included?
oshi/oshimen and maybe oshihen and kami-oshi (idk if that's used outside of 48/46G)
hako/DD
wota and probably wotakoi
penlight
graduation
maybe kenkyuusei/kenshuusei (they seem mostly related to 48/46g and H!P respectively)
maybe purikura

Among these I'd argue that only oshi/hako/DD/penlight/wota are very frequently used. Others, such as wotakoi, wouldn't be brought up as often but are unique to J-idols and are interesting enough to warrant a mention anyway.

other stuff that might be brought up but I'm less sure about:
- those congratulatory flower wreaths you see everywhere
- seitansai (idk if this is prevalent among idols outside of 48g)
- idol-related events such as TIF, but that could be another thread/post entirely
- coming of age day/ceremonies (but then you might also want to add other Japanese holidays such as GW)

Last edited:
Top Bottom