bibbidi

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Graphics
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭35,750
Pronouns
She/Her
If only :wae:
I already asked for it to be rigged but llama said no.
tenor.gif

It is not 2016, ma'am

bibbidi

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭35,750
Pronouns
She/Her

YEEET :poggers:
unknown.png
ROUND 3
Brackets3.png

The songs/groups are:
(the song names have links!)​
Continues
[@Yuki
FLOWER​
@Chu
Faky​
Nogizaka46​
Perfume​
Eliminated
@moelleux​
Philosophy no Dance​
Oreska Band​
Keyakizaka46​
Team Syachihoko​
≠ME​
SweetS​
Hinatazaka46​
E-Girls​
BiSH​
Faint⋆Star​
Oreska Band​
PassCode​

Here is the form for the second round of voting!
Your vote will be anonymous.

Voting will be open until Nov. 5th 4:00PM EST
While you are all here, I do want to mention: you can nominate and idol of the month on this thread! ♥

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
I saw this tweet and was surprised by how decent the conditions were for a group that's not all that well-known

Their producer is the producer of JAM, so he's got cash to burn. That said, most mainstream music companies in Japan try to provide their artists with a living wage so that they can focus on performing and can actually afford to live in Tokyo.

bibbidi

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭35,750
Pronouns
She/Her
Sorry I was gone for a bit :poggers:
Piess.png
FINAL
Ybnj2dq.png
The songs/groups are:
(the song names have links!)

Voting will be open until Nov. 9th 4:00PM EST
While you are all here, I do want to mention: you can nominate and idol of the month on this thread! ♥

Last edited:

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Their producer is the producer of JAM, so he's got cash to burn. That said, most mainstream music companies in Japan try to provide their artists with a living wage so that they can focus on performing and can actually afford to live in Tokyo.
I always assumed pay was low since a lot of idols do it while they study and if they haven't taken off by the time they turn 18-19 they can graduate and focus on their studies/other work.
Sorry I was gone for a bit :poggers:

Voting will be open until Nov. 9th 4:00PM EST

Surprisingly no idol groups in the final but at least there's some sakamichi in the Flower song :poggers:
I lowkey regretted picking Voice since it's not one of my favourite Perfume songs so I'm considering voting for Flower but then I listen to Voice again and... why were all their songs so great :peepoblanket:
But I already knew I'd be satisfied whichever song won when the top 4 was revealed. This is what voting should be like, with good candidates - politics pls take notes.

bibbidi

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭35,750
Pronouns
She/Her
I always assumed pay was low since a lot of idols do it while they study and if they haven't taken off by the time they turn 18-19 they can graduate and focus on their studies/other work.

Surprisingly no idol groups in the final but at least there's some sakamichi in the Flower song :poggers:
I lowkey regretted picking Voice since it's not one of my favourite Perfume songs so I'm considering voting for Flower but then I listen to Voice again and... why were all their songs so great :peepoblanket:
But I already knew I'd be satisfied whichever song won when the top 4 was revealed. This is what voting should be like, with good candidates - politics pls take notes.
unknown.png

Here's my idol of the month suggestion!

jk
unless?
no really, pls don't

@Lurkette the first nomination is in :judgingyou:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789

Nope, they just know that being an idol is a short-term career and they won't be able to sustain it for the rest of their lives, or until they get married (which is when most women in Japan still end their careers) since they won't be dating, in theory, until they graduate. Look at how few idols in the last ten years have been able to transition from idol to talent or actress and continue to find success. Becoming an idol isn't really about the money because it's not that much for how much work they end up doing, but it can sustain a girl's survival for a few years while she has fun doing it. That said, if they end up doing a lot of gravure they can really take that to the bank.

Ladybeard for idol of the month, noted.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Nope, they just know that being an idol is a short-term career and they won't be able to sustain it for the rest of their lives, or until they get married (which is when most women in Japan still end their careers) since they won't be dating, in theory, until they graduate. Look at how few idols in the last ten years have been able to transition from idol to talent or actress and continue to find success. Becoming an idol isn't really about the money because it's not that much for how much work they end up doing, but it can sustain a girl's survival for a few years while she has fun doing it. That said, if they end up doing a lot of gravure they can really take that to the bank.

Ladybeard for idol of the month, noted.
Is gravure that lucrative for idols that end up on some magazines every now and then? Like idk some 48g members that have nice bodies and/or popularity but aren't gravure staples, say Kato Yuuka, Muto Tomu, pre-NGT scandal Nakai Rika, old centers etc. I didn't even think idols who often appear on magazines like Jonishi Rei or Yoshino Sumire made that much. Top gravure idols like Owada Nana or gravure focused idols like Nemopero I can see making a lot.

Someone pls save me by suggesting someone, anyone, else

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Is gravure that lucrative for idols that end up on some magazines every now and then? Like idk some 48g members that have nice bodies and/or popularity but aren't gravure staples, say Kato Yuuka, Muto Tomu, pre-NGT scandal Nakai Rika, old centers etc. I didn't even think idols who often appear on magazines like Jonishi Rei or Yoshino Sumire made that much. Top gravure idols like Owada Nana or gravure focused idols like Nemopero I can see making a lot.

Someone pls save me by suggesting someone, anyone, else

Depends on the magazine, the type of shoot, and how in-demand the idol is. Agencies also take a cut so the actual take-home pay is different for each group, but it's all bonus income no matter what. Any idol that gets her own photobook and doesn't just do magazines is probably getting a decent fee since that's evidence of a paying fanbase.

I'm not sure there's anyone I could nominate who would beat Ladybeard, sorry.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Depends on the magazine, the type of shoot, and how in-demand the idol is. Agencies also take a cut so the actual take-home pay is different for each group, but it's all bonus income no matter what. Any idol that gets her own photobook and doesn't just do magazines is probably getting a decent fee since that's evidence of a paying fanbase.

I'm not sure there's anyone I could nominate who would beat Ladybeard, sorry.
I guess that explains why some idols really try to push into gravure and have as a goal to get their first photobook. There aren't that many other avenues for idols to have individual activities unless pushed by their agency. That's probably also why so many idols have youtube channels now. But even gravure opportunities seem to dry up once idols are a bit into their 20s.

If Ladybeard wins after Riripon got 0 votes I'll know this idol suggestion thing is not for me

Top Bottom