Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Now i have to write one but i can't english to save my life 😭 i thought nagomin wouldn't get votes so i voted for her suddenly she's slaying 😳 why do you have to be extremly adorable nagomin : (. I nominated her out of shamless promotion and for fun. Should've voted for ladybeard oppar :facepalm:. Or mirai she seems cute. Oh those who voted for her stan 22/7 for a greater life you're welcome:fab:

Today's the last day for votes so looks like you've got an OP to write. Or just post a bunch of photos. There are no rules.

S

Some

I'll send it to you i guess wait i forgot it was today i'm gonna write it now and send it to you

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
McDonalds' commercials these days are a bit different than I remember them :vaderecto:

nemonemonemonemo
I thought about nominating her for Idol of the Month but she's too powerful.

Instead, considering the auspicious circumstances, I will nominate her group-mate!

Furukawa Mirin
cfd19b9adf9790906bd7b0e42380828d.png

images

images

Took a break on it for December, but now we're back. All nominations are welcome until January 15!

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
nemonemonemonemo
I thought about nominating her for Idol of the Month but she's too powerful.

Instead, considering the auspicious circumstances, I will nominate her group-mate!

Furukawa Mirin
cfd19b9adf9790906bd7b0e42380828d.png

images

images

Took a break on it for December, but now we're back. All nominations are welcome until January 15!

I think given the circumstances Mirin would be a particularly great choice

Last edited:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
ErNimgUVoAUwDMd

"Peace combat" :squirtlechristmas:

There's no other kind when you're only dealing with toy guns :squirtlechristmas:

I will also never find it not funny that every single magazine in Japan has gravure spreads, no matter what the subject of the magazine.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
There's no other kind when you're only dealing with toy guns :squirtlechristmas:

I will also never find it not funny that every single magazine in Japan has gravure spreads, no matter what the subject of the magazine.
True... you could read a ornithologist magazine and turn the page only to be greeted by a different kind of tits than you expected

I didn't realize it was about toy guns, thought it was for the Japanese military industrial complex

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
True... you could read a ornithologist magazine and turn the page only to be greeted by a different kind of tits than you expected

I didn't realize it was about toy guns, thought it was for the Japanese military industrial complex

As much as I'd like to talk about the complexities and politics surrounding Japan's military and Article 9 of their constitution, no, this is a hobbyist magazine. Toy guns, military clothing and gear, and, like, paintball.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789

:partydogo:

I had a full Tsubaki listening session last night. Here's hoping they get a new single soon after the super slow last year Hello!Project had.

Here's a good video of each of the members individually so you can better appreciate these dummies cuties.

It's a little weird that they include Risa's dress since they announced like a week later she was gone for good, but there it is. :sadpuppy:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Well, today has truly been the day of marriage discourse on J-idol twitter

I think the Minegishi incident scarred us all for life. That said, it did not keep Minegishi outside the realm of scandal so did it really mean anything in the long run? Food for thought.

Also our pin expired, but I'm not too far from another 6 month pin so I'll buy that when I have enough so this is easier to find.

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,500
Also our pin expired, but I'm not too far from another 6 month pin so I'll buy that when I have enough so this is easier to find
Sorry for the intrusion (and maybe some confusion) :HidePar:

I think there was a blip in the system that accidentally unpinned this thread... but I remembered that it had a few more weeks remaining, so I double checked the logs and repinned it. This thread has until February 6th before the pin expires!

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Sorry for the intrusion (and maybe some confusion) :HidePar:

I think there was a blip in the system that accidentally unpinned this thread... but I remembered that it had a few more weeks remaining, so I double checked the logs and repinned it. This thread has until February 6th before the pin expires!

Maybe I'll be rich enough by then :sanapray:

Also there's literally only two of us in this thread it is actually impossible to intrude.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I think the Minegishi incident scarred us all for life. That said, it did not keep Minegishi outside the realm of scandal so did it really mean anything in the long run? Food for thought.

Also our pin expired, but I'm not too far from another 6 month pin so I'll buy that when I have enough so this is easier to find.
I'm not sure if you saw the first tweet since it seems to have been taken down but it was a translation of Miyawaki Sakura saying she didn't believe idols could remain active if they marry. It became very messy with kpop boy group fans chiming in and then it turned into drag Miichan day as usual. It's tiring. But I think we'll slowly see a shift where its accepted and not strange for idols to continue for a long time and continue after marriage and childbirth if they want to. I think that shift has started since a couple of years ago.

And here's the clarification for the original tweet:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
I'm not sure if you saw the first tweet since it seems to have been taken down but it was a translation of Miyawaki Sakura saying she didn't believe idols could remain active if they marry. It became very messy with kpop boy group fans chiming in and then it turned into drag Miichan day as usual. It's tiring. But I think we'll slowly see a shift where its accepted and not strange for idols to continue for a long time and continue after marriage and childbirth if they want to. I think that shift has started since a couple of years ago.

And here's the clarification for the original tweet:

Oh, I saw. Didn't see the following discourse, but I disagree with the sentiment nevertheless. Plus, it's not exactly uncommon for idols to pay lip-service to the love ban while simultaneously attending goucon or seriously dating, so I don't pay it much attention when idols voice their support for it. After all, we have multiple married idols, many groups that state that they don't have a love ban, and we have famous idol producers saying that they don't care about the love ban. Fans will feel one way or another until their oshi is actually affected by public romance, but the truth is that there is an increasing number of fans who genuinely don't care what their idol does in private or who may support the love ban until it actually affects their oshi and then back off, which is why the love ban in most cases has transformed from "don't date" to "don't get caught dating" to "idk you can still be an idol if you want to" on an agency level. It costs a lot of money to create an idol and firing one when she still has a paying fanbase, even a smaller one than before, is more expensive than just riding out the initial backlash and letting her slowly build back her popularity. The OP references Sutou Ririka, too, but lest we forget, 48G management actually told her they wanted her to stay with the group despite her engagement.

I have a lot of feelings on the love ban, and while I recognize the history and how a lot of wota feel about it still, I do believe it is something that will go away sooner than later because it's becoming less and less practical by the hour.

Top Bottom