Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭158,759
@abra The song you gave me for Nagoya was my favorite! But, I also really like the "character" for the Osaka/Kansai song, as well as the song "OTOMEdeshite"! :shablob:

@Lurkette I didn't think Dempa's new song was that weird tbh! It had a very theatrical/musical-like quality to it. The Beyooooonds song and "I just want you to hold me tight." were probably my favorite! The "takoyaki's love song" (I'm sorry if that's not what it's called lmao) was nice, too, though. :shablob:

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, based on everything I can see, 48G is going down the path of disbandment once their core spenders run dry. It's amazing how much money so few people are willing to spend on them, honestly. But I know that there are definitely girls who love their groups and it would really suck for them.

Ii Kurashi samples "And they call it acid," that much I know, but despite my fairly wide knowledge of idol music, identifying samples is something I'm bad at. So I'll never be able to help, I don't think :TzuyuKek:

See I could listen to Dempa all day. You really have to force yourself to like it but once you do, you can't imagine not liking it. It's... Weird.

Also if H!P is not cheap, explain this.

I take the budget thing back :censored:

I never realized the background vocals sang "acid" :sweat:

It seems like akb still has a lot of casual fans but they might be mostly fans of individual idols like Yukirin and that's probably not a testament to AKB's enduring popularity. (long aside about nmb omitted)

About dempa I'll take your word for it, I'm not sure I'm ready for a few days of constant dempa songs to put that theory to the test :pepesanta:
at least not yet :FitPar:

@abra The song you gave me for Nagoya was my favorite! But, I also really like the "character" for the Osaka/Kansai song, as well as the song "OTOMEdeshite"! :shablob:

@Lurkette I didn't think Dempa's new song was that weird tbh! It had a very theatrical/musical-like quality to it. The Beyooooonds song and "I just want you to hold me tight." were probably my favorite! The "takoyaki's love song" (I'm sorry if that's not what it's called lmao) was nice, too, though. :shablob:
I think it's my favourite too of the ones I sent! I'm glad you liked it/them! Team Shachi's new songs are a bit different but still great. Tacoyaki Rainbow's songs are still mostly the same despite that song, and OTOMEdeshite is from Batten Girls' latest album.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
@abra It's looking like Ayaka will win the battle of Yamamoto so you should start writing up her idol of the month OP :munchlax:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
I'm sorry, I've been super busy. I'll try to write it up tomorrow but I can't promise anything

Aayan deleting her SNS means I lost the pictures I'd saved up too orz
:noooo:
Idols need to stop doing that.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Three days left for anyone to make nominations for the next idol of the month! I will make good on my threat to make it the year of Dempa otherwise.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Three days left for anyone to make nominations for the next idol of the month! I will make good on my threat to make it the year of Dempa otherwise.
With the additions the member pool is even big enough :catpopcorn:

I don't really feel like nominating someone this month, I'm just happy Aayan was chosen last month.
I'm worried if I nominate someone I'll get something wrong or not know enough about them when I write the thread
@kimsguardian this is your opportunity to suggest Emiri

Last edited:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
just saw this

why is this both hilarious and adorable :ohmygod:
oide, oida :TzuyuKek:

It's amazing. I had no idea Billy was out in Japan, somewhat inexplicably. Casually making content with idols.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
It's amazing. I had no idea Billy was out in Japan, somewhat inexplicably. Casually making content with idols.
He was in their MV

I heard (maybe by you, in that case just ignore this :iwillfightyou:) that his series was very popular in Japan so I'm sure he has some work there.
Do you mean out as in on location in Japan or as in out of the closet. I'm sure he's in the US, him being edited into the video is one of the things which makes it so funny to me.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
I heard (maybe by you, in that case just ignore this :iwillfightyou:) that his series was very popular in Japan so I'm sure he has some work there.
Do you mean out as in on location in Japan or as in out of the closet. I'm sure he's in the US, him being edited into the video is one of the things which makes it so funny to me.

Oh Tae Bo was big everywhere. I absolutely had a gym teacher when I was little who would put on a Tae Bo tape when she didn't have anything planned.

I looked it up and he did move to Japan in 2009 after marrying his former interpreter, which is not a thing I knew. So I guess if you're in Japan you can call him up for a cameo.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
i'm here to tie for sayanee​
The poll has already ended

But next month you'll be able to propose an idol for IOTM May (I think Lurkette is working on April's IOTM)

Last edited:

Bobo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,100
The poll has already ended

But next month you'll be able to propose an idol for IOTM May (I think Lurkette is working on April's IOTM)
oop i didn't know thanks :poggers:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
nnnn i'll be around to vote this time but i'm scared about making the idol thread so i won't offer a fave :hehe:

tenor.gif

Guess I still have all the power, then.

Top Bottom