• Poll closed .

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,654
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello a friend of mine made this please watch her efforts.

This came at a perfect time to keep trying to convert @sm maid to a Tsubaki oshi. :pepesanta:

ohh that was nice, I'm interested in a lot of the members
so far my faves are tanimoto ami and onoda saori :wow:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
ohh that was nice, I'm interested in a lot of the members
so far my faves are tanimoto ami and onoda saori :wow:

Ami is beeeaaauuutiful, too pretty to be real, but that's a sneaky trick to cover up for how weird she is. :TzuyuKek:

895e32d3444e830c8f26f189174053baefc9204f.gifv
454ae1fbbd55b04ec9663b1dc986ff43.gif
I8noZDZ.gif

Her instagram is basically just a feed of her being the company's top face visual. She's also the worst singer and dancer in the group but she's beautiful enough that we don't care. You just won't see her in the front too often.

Saori has this very traditional girly idol character (that she breaks often because she's actually just a drama queen), but she's really a strong performer. She definitely has some of the best facial expressions of the group. :wow:

8SZV6Fe.gif
dfb435c5.gif
a548ca9f.gif

Her instagram is more traditional j-idol fare, just a lot of cutesy shots and occasionally food.

There's unfortunately kind of a drought of subtitled content from Tsubaki, but the best ways to see more of them are from lives (they release DVDs of virtually every concert tour and event they do) and through things like DVD Magazines or from the Hello!Project YouTube channels. You'll get a better idea of their personalities from the DVD Mags even if you can't understand them, and they are really good live, compared to a lot of idol groups.

This is a recent TV show they did that's basically a full concert but with no audience.

And this is one of their DVD Magazines. It's a lot of physical stuff so it's fun to watch even without the language.

All of the other members have individual instas, too, except for Mao, and they have like a group insta and TikTok and stuff they upload to occasionally. I'm trying to redo the Hello!Project thread in the j-section, slowly, so I've posted all their links in the OP and try to update the thread once a week or so with what the company at large is up to.

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,654
Pronouns
She/Her
Ami is beeeaaauuutiful, too pretty to be real, but that's a sneaky trick to cover up for how weird she is. :TzuyuKek:

895e32d3444e830c8f26f189174053baefc9204f.gifv
454ae1fbbd55b04ec9663b1dc986ff43.gif
I8noZDZ.gif

Her instagram is basically just a feed of her being the company's top face visual. She's also the worst singer and dancer in the group but she's beautiful enough that we don't care. You just won't see her in the front too often.

Saori has this very traditional girly idol character (that she breaks often because she's actually just a drama queen), but she's really a strong performer. She definitely has some of the best facial expressions of the group. :wow:

8SZV6Fe.gif
dfb435c5.gif
a548ca9f.gif

Her instagram is more traditional j-idol fare, just a lot of cutesy shots and occasionally food.

There's unfortunately kind of a drought of subtitled content from Tsubaki, but the best ways to see more of them are from lives (they release DVDs of virtually every concert tour and event they do) and through things like DVD Magazines or from the Hello!Project YouTube channels. You'll get a better idea of their personalities from the DVD Mags even if you can't understand them, and they are really good live, compared to a lot of idol groups.

This is a recent TV show they did that's basically a full concert but with no audience.

And this is one of their DVD Magazines. It's a lot of physical stuff so it's fun to watch even without the language.

All of the other members have individual instas, too, except for Mao, and they have like a group insta and TikTok and stuff they upload to occasionally. I'm trying to redo the Hello!Project thread in the j-section, slowly, so I've posted all their links in the OP and try to update the thread once a week or so with what the company at large is up to.

the concert was really nice!
omg mizuho is a beauty 😳 and yumeno and mao are big talented

and they look so young in the dvd magazine videos
do you know if risa left in bad terms? her speaking voice is so charming

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
the concert was really nice!
omg mizuho is a beauty 😳 and yumeno and mao are big talented

and they look so young in the dvd magazine videos
do you know if risa left in bad terms? her speaking voice is so charming

That DVD mag was released in 2019, maybe filmed at the end of 2018? J-idols tend to try to look a lot younger than they are, like 15-16, for as long as they can, so they always kind of look like babies when they're not performing. :bakacat:

As for Risa, she left on... awkward terms. She had a private instagram where she used her stories to complain about the other members and her managers and the group in general. One of the few people she let follow her took screenshots of everything and leaked them, and she ended up confirming that that was her account and she did say everything. Management was actually really understanding, and made a statement like, "Obviously she did something stupid but everyone complains about work sometimes and we should have supported her more," and said they're looking to find out who leaked the screenshots. Risa volunteered to go on hiatus to think about things and give the group some space, and a few months later decided to leave the group but stay with the agency for the time being. The member response was mixed, with some saying, "Well, everyone thinks these things sometimes, I know she's a kind person, I hope she feels better," and others making statements that were a little more chilly. Mostly from Kiki, since Risa accused her of faking a back injury. But they all wished her well after she decided to leave and she was really popular so fans have generally forgiven her and miss having her in the group.

They did also announce recently they are having a public audition for new members, along with sister group Juice=Juice. Now, Hello!Project has been known to have auditions with no winners before so it's not guaranteed they'll get new members, but they're looking for them so there will likely be a lineup shift before the end of the year.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
No one nominated any idols this month so I'm going to pick only Dempagumi.inc members until someone else does something. This month will be Eitaso to commemorate her graduation.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Definitely doing Eitaso now that there are FIVE NEW MEMBERS IN DEMPA SOMEONE TALK ME DOWN

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Can't believe I missed a month of posts

I'll nominate NMB48's Yamamoto Ayaka
PeY5XG6-siRxaRcUugxaQCsppyIyas6cDsRV8gvTnRM.jpg

You missed all my Dempa PANIC. But it's okay now, their new song made up for it.

Also, should I up the stakes and nominate Yamamoto Sayaka? For the chaos.

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭99,467
would anyone like to throw some songs at me? can be from your favorite groups, songs you've been into recently, or whatever - i just felt like exploring! :partydogo:

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
would anyone like to throw some songs at me? can be from your favorite groups, songs you've been into recently, or whatever - i just felt like exploring! :partydogo:
I was listening to Team Syachihoko's Capital Relocation Plan so I'll post some regional idol songs

Nagoya (you can skip the first 50 seconds):

Osaka/Kansai:

Tohoku:

Niigata:

I couldn't think of any Fukuoka-based idol songs that clearly reference the area but these are fun songs

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
You missed all my Dempa PANIC. But it's okay now, their new song made up for it.

Also, should I up the stakes and nominate Yamamoto Sayaka? For the chaos.
You mean dempa.nic

Sayanee vs Aayan is like God vs Jesus, NMB edition :iwillfightyou: (except Aayan never got close to as popular)

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789

Well, it's only fair since I mentioned Dempa's new song to provide that for you. Now, they are very much an acquired taste, so that means you have to dive headfirst into it and become so bewildered that you listen over and over until you appreciate how good it actually is. Or at least that's how I did it.

Some new Beyooooonds since we waited so long for a new release.

I inexplicably really enjoyed Morning Musume's last single despite not really caring for their music the last few years.

I was going to post my favorite Shachi songs, but then I realized that was most of their discography. So instead, here's the song that got me into them into the first place.

And I'd just be a bad friend if I didn't give you the song I have played every day of my life since it came out.

I have much, much more, but here's a sampler of my listening habits.

You mean dempa.nic

Sayanee vs Aayan is like God vs Jesus, NMB edition :iwillfightyou: (except Aayan never got close to as popular)

Listen if we don't support NMB here, who will? And also confuse people by voting between two girls with almost the exact same name.

Also, despite not being a regional group, Angerme's Itoshima Distance is one of the most Fukuoka reference-heavy songs I can think of.

And yes, those were the actual costumes for the song. We were all confused, I have no answers for you, don't even ask.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I inexplicably really enjoyed Morning Musume's last single despite not really caring for their music the last few years.

I was going to post my favorite Shachi songs, but then I realized that was most of their discography. So instead, here's the song that got me into them into the first place.

Listen if we don't support NMB here, who will? And also confuse people by voting between two girls with almost the exact same name.

Also, despite not being a regional group, Angerme's Itoshima Distance is one of the most Fukuoka reference-heavy songs I can think of.

And yes, those were the actual costumes for the song. We were all confused, I have no answers for you, don't even ask.

Ai no Chikyusai :ohmygod: no Shachi song and mv ever confused me more
Is the electronic tune sampled? it's fo familiar. how is such a low budget and campy mv somehow still good?

My first MM song was brand new morning and since then I've expected them to release something like it again

Some of the Angerme girls were a bit less fortunate with their costumes, and with that I mean the girl with the traffic cones on her head

And NMB :iwillfightyou:
I'm surprisingly not very affected by Miru's graduation announcement. Maybe I'm desensitized by all the recent graduations, maybe it's because everyone knew it would happen within a couple years at most. Maybe it's because I expected Shibuya Nagisa to graduate and she hasn't, yet. Regardless the group's most popular members have dropped like flies in the last 6 months and I don't think Umeyama Cocona is ready t lead the group alone.

Re:Yamamoto, not only are their names almost identical but they even look a bit similar, are good dancers etc

Last edited:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Ai no Chikyusai :ohmygod: no Shachi song and mv ever confused me more
Is the electronic tune sampled? it's fo familiar. how is such a low budget and campy mv somehow still good?

My first MM song was brand new morning and since then I've expected them to release something like it again

Some of the Angerme girls were a bit less fortunate with their costumes, and with that I mean the girl with the traffic cones on her head

And NMB :iwillfightyou:
I'm surprisingly not very affected by Miru's graduation announcement. Maybe I'm desensitized by all the recent graduations, maybe it's because everyone knew it would happen within a couple years at most. Maybe it's because I expected Shibuya Nagisa to graduate and she hasn't, yet. Regardless the group's most popular members have dropped like flies in the last 6 months and I don't think Umeyama Cocona is ready t lead the group alone.

Re:Yamamoto, not only are their names almost identical but they even look a bit similar, are good dancers etc

This is the question every Hello!Project fan asks themselves every day. They consistently manage to make everything just good enough that we can overlook how cheap and ridiculous everything else is.

I know Ookubo, who arranged Gyuusaretai, uses samples, but I couldn't tell you which and I don't know about Junjou Evidence.

As for Shachi, I had the same reaction to this song as I had to Dempa (and Billie Idle) initially. Wow this so weird I hate it-->I need to watch this again to see what people actually see in this because it's bad-->why I have watched it so many times-->okay actually I love it. I do this a lot with idols, I have just come to accept that if I say I hate something, I will probably go back on that in a month or two. With Shachi it was immediately followed by watching concerts and they did put on quite a show, and every song they released for a long time was a smash for me.

48G in general is bottoming out, popularity-wise, I don't think that's controversial to say at this point, so if their management doesn't completely ruin things, we should see the members who stay being the girls who care about being in 48G, not about becoming popular or famous. That's what happened with Morning Musume, at least, and then they found a new niche and are now much better off than they were ~10 years ago. I will hope for the same with 48G, but it does seem like in the meantime they'll just keep losing members, unfortunately.

Despite Watanabe messing with YET ANOTHER group that was perfectly fine, they still put out good music. Bless. :sanapray:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
This is the question every Hello!Project fan asks themselves every day. They consistently manage to make everything just good enough that we can overlook how cheap and ridiculous everything else is.

I know Ookubo, who arranged Gyuusaretai, uses samples, but I couldn't tell you which and I don't know about Junjou Evidence.

As for Shachi, I had the same reaction to this song as I had to Dempa (and Billie Idle) initially. Wow this so weird I hate it-->I need to watch this again to see what people actually see in this because it's bad-->why I have watched it so many times-->okay actually I love it. I do this a lot with idols, I have just come to accept that if I say I hate something, I will probably go back on that in a month or two. With Shachi it was immediately followed by watching concerts and they did put on quite a show, and every song they released for a long time was a smash for me.

48G in general is bottoming out, popularity-wise, I don't think that's controversial to say at this point, so if their management doesn't completely ruin things, we should see the members who stay being the girls who care about being in 48G, not about becoming popular or famous. That's what happened with Morning Musume, at least, and then they found a new niche and are now much better off than they were ~10 years ago. I will hope for the same with 48G, but it does seem like in the meantime they'll just keep losing members, unfortunately.
48G management and business model is so bad that I think it'd be better if they disbanded and I want to root for that but I just can't bring myself to. I dislike it enough that I can't say I like the groups but there are still a lot of members I like and it'd be too sad for the members and fans who put so much into the groups. NMB's management seems a bit less bad than the rest but then they are under Yoshimoto so maybe not

The electronic part of Ai no Chikyusai sounds like it might come from the 90s or maybe early 2000s eurodance scene like Vengaboys' We Like To Disco.
There is something cathartic about fun and incomprehensible songs imo and I'd usually much rather watch a performance of for instance a dempa song than [insert song I'd rather listen to but isn't very exciting]. But I might have to force myself to listen to them more to enjoy them without hte performance

H!P doesn't seem either cheap or ridiculous but that's from someone who doesn't follow them beyoooond checking the occasional song

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
48G management and business model is so bad that I think it'd be better if they disbanded and I want to root for that but I just can't bring myself to. I dislike it enough that I can't say I like the groups but there are still a lot of members I like and it'd be too sad for the members and fans who put so much into the groups. NMB's management seems a bit less bad than the rest but then they are under Yoshimoto so maybe not

The electronic part of Ai no Chikyusai sounds like it might come from the 90s or maybe early 2000s eurodance scene like Vengaboys' We Like To Disco.
There is something cathartic about fun and incomprehensible songs imo and I'd usually much rather watch a performance of for instance a dempa song than [insert song I'd rather listen to but isn't very exciting]. But I might have to force myself to listen to them more to enjoy them without hte performance

H!P doesn't seem either cheap or ridiculous but that's from someone who doesn't follow them beyoooond checking the occasional song

Yeah, based on everything I can see, 48G is going down the path of disbandment once their core spenders run dry. It's amazing how much money so few people are willing to spend on them, honestly. But I know that there are definitely girls who love their groups and it would really suck for them.

Ii Kurashi samples "And they call it acid," that much I know, but despite my fairly wide knowledge of idol music, identifying samples is something I'm bad at. So I'll never be able to help, I don't think :TzuyuKek:

See I could listen to Dempa all day. You really have to force yourself to like it but once you do, you can't imagine not liking it. It's... Weird.

Also if H!P is not cheap, explain this.

Top Bottom