Yeddong

So if DAY6 returns on the 15th ITZY could return on the 22nd or 29th. ❤

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
So if DAY6 returns on the 15th ITZY could return on the 22nd or 29th. ❤

They could but I think they may be trying to avoid July. You've got EXO Baekhyun, Chanyeol/Sehun, Kang Daniel dropping new stuff. Those guys can sell 300K albums and attract too much attention from general public. August seems better if there are no other JYPE artists in the queue.

Y

Yeddong

They could but I think they may be trying to avoid July. You've got EXO Baekhyun, Chanyeol/Sehun, Kang Daniel dropping new stuff. Those guys can sell 300K albums and attract too much attention from general public. August seems better if there are no other JYPE artists in the queue.

But ITZY's debut get too much attention from general public and their fandom is considerable, I think the only competition would be Daniel.

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭511,350
Don't expect them to always win 10 times but they will gain attention.

And if there is an album we'll see how much they will sell

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
But ITZY's debut get too much attention from general public and their fandom is considerable, I think the only competition would be Daniel.

I wouldn't underestimate EXO. Baekhyun already sold 150K pre-orders albums from one web shop. Itzy is still a rookie group and they need time to build a fan base. They haven't been on TV/radio yet. I could be wrong but I think JYPE will not want to drop them into a really busy July where they have to fight for attention with big names.

Y

Yeddong

I wouldn't underestimate EXO. Baekhyun already sold 150K pre-orders albums from one web shop. Itzy is still a rookie group and they need time to build a fan base. They haven't been on TV/radio yet. I could be wrong but I think JYPE will not want to drop them into a really busy July where they have to fight for attention with big names.

But delaying ITZY's comeback doesn't mean that their sales are going to be higher like 200k copies, tbh. Their seniors had their 1st comeback against strong competitors in digital and physical sales. ITZY can compete perfectly in digital, they can even sell very well in physical sales if they make their comeback in July. Another factor is the music shows, they can win again 10 wins since the soloists never win more than 5 times.

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
But delaying ITZY's comeback doesn't mean that their sales are going to be higher like 200k copies, tbh.
unless you delay it by 2 years :tea1:
Another factor is the music shows, they can win again 10 wins since the soloists never win more than 5 times.
div 2 really picks the best times to cb :sejeongcry:
they have a KB episode so that might help

Dollface

5HINing Shawol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭40,695
Instagram Update
D-b251IUIAA9EvE.jpg

D-b251HVAAA6724.jpg

D-b251HUIAASWhb.jpg

cr andar_kr

Last edited:

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
But delaying ITZY's comeback doesn't mean that their sales are going to be higher like 200k copies, tbh. Their seniors had their 1st comeback against strong competitors in digital and physical sales. ITZY can compete perfectly in digital, they can even sell very well in physical sales if they make their comeback in July. Another factor is the music shows, they can win again 10 wins since the soloists never win more than 5 times.

The idea is not improving sales by holding them out. It's just so they aren't competing for attention with people that are even more famous than them with larger fan bases. We're not talking about holding them out months. It's just a few weeks so they aren't dropping their album within days of another big name.

There are softer times of the release schedule. Early June was pretty weak when you had some rookie groups with no digitals winning or soloists with no fan bases winning. July is just a particularly bad month.

Y

Yeddong

The idea is not improving sales by holding them out. It's just so they aren't competing for attention with people that are even more famous than them with larger fan bases. We're not talking about holding them out months. It's just a few weeks so they aren't dropping their album within days of another big name.

There are softer times of the release schedule. Early June was pretty weak when you had some rookie groups with no digitals winning or soloists with no fan bases winning. July is just a particularly bad month.

But in conclusion, JYP already confirmed their comeback in July, and always when they confirm the comeback month is because it is official. M2 x GENIE Music Awards will be on August 1, it's very likely that ITZY will go, so JYP would be thinking about making the comeback on July 29 so that August 1 is their comeback stage.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
But in conclusion, JYP already confirmed their comeback in July, and always when they confirm the comeback month is because it is official. M2 x GENIE Music Awards will be on August 1, it's very likely that ITZY will go, so JYP would be thinking about making the comeback on July 29 so that August 1 is their comeback stage.

The Genie awards show would be a good stage. A lot of eyes on them if they are ready to go. Do groups debut at award shows too?

When speculative reports about a July comeback came out, JYPE did issue a statement to clarify.

JYP Entertainment has released a statement regarding ITZY’s comeback.

In response to the reports of the group making a comeback in July, the agency commented, “It is true that they are preparing a new album, but the timing has not been decided. It will be announced once it is confirmed.”

Y

Yeddong

The Genie awards show would be a good stage. A lot of eyes on them if they are ready to go. Do groups debut at award shows too?

When speculative reports about a July comeback came out, JYPE did issue a statement to clarify.

In response to the reports of the group making a comeback in July, the agency commented, “It is true that they are preparing a new album, but the timing has not been decided. It will be announced once it is confirmed.”

Well, until now I only remember TWICE doing comeback stage in an award show.

We ONCE have experience with JYP saying that estatement and in the end it's real, so the comeback of ITZY in July will be real, I'm 100% sure. :hearteu:

🔹 MAYUKA 🔹

𝓞𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝓙𝓲𝓱𝔂𝓸 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭110,655

Twice, BTS, SVT, and Hyuna have held their comeback stages at award shows. (Mama & MMA)

So yeah it’s not “weird” lol. Would be great for the girls And create more hype.

Dollface

5HINing Shawol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭40,695

This would be great, they'd win their first ROTY award at their comeback stage.

WonderfulOnce

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,222,075
their names are kinda easy especially since they're only five. maybe it's guessing their nicknames
Although there are just 5 members, I would think that since they're still rookies + first time on the show that the cast is still unfamiliar with the members. TWICE did the same thing the first time on the show too.

Top Bottom