• OT5

Votes: 6 7.6%

• Total voters

WonderfulOnce

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,222,075
For those who don't know, JYPE hold 2 trainees showcases each year (typically in February & August) for those they feel have potential to debut. And through these showcases, trainees can either be performing in a group or as a soloist. At the end of the showcase, the attendees are able to pick 1 trainee in each category of vocal, dance, & star. I thought this would be interesting because of what we know now of ITZY, so here is a compilation fanaccount trans I found about pre-debut ITZY members. *note: I've only been able to find trans from 2017 and forward.

Known trainee showcase participation list/trainee posters:
2014: Chaeryeong
DH1xZWZUMAA777a.jpg
(Feb?) 2015: Ryujin, Chaeryeong
CNccJP1UkAEOWt2.jpg
Aug 2016: Yeji, Chaeryeong, Yuna
CqKTvvZUkAEcA2u.jpg
FEB 2017: Yeji, Ryujin, Chaeryeong, Yuna
There was no trainee photos, but there were a list of which trainees were present

AUG 2017: Yeji, Ryujin, Chaeryeong, Yuna
DH1tWrPUAAEmwuK
FEB 2018: Lia, Chaeryeong, Yuna
DXCtUvuVQAAfw_r.jpg

DXCtVbhVQAEwrUE.jpg
AUG 2018: Yuna
cdb36e0df6889898a8649125c872631f.jpg

TOTAL known times performing in trainee showcases:
Yeji (3), Lia (1), Ryujin (3), Chaeryeong (6), Yuna (5)

YEJI:

FEB 2017
  • Yeji's dance was so good that she's probably the runner-up after Trainee A, I think. And her singing wasn't bad. As someone who's been Wonder Girls fan for 10 years, she kinda reminds me of Sohee, too. (source)
AUG 2017
  • Lead dancer, different to Chaeryeong's soft and feminine dance - she has a power dance like Momo
  • Yeji was rediscovered in this showcase. She's very tall, had a Sohee feel to her, also had the whitest skin. Her dancing was very good and occupied the position of lead dancer. Yeji's singing was also not bad, now all she needs is to find an angle that makes her photos prettier. (source)
  • Yeji had an individual beauty, really nice lines when she danced. (source)
  • OP felt that the Queen was Yeji (source)
  • From the girls, the two that left the deepest impressions were Yeji and Trainee A. Yeji's photo wasn't as dazzling as some of the others but her performance onstage could not be compared to the others. (source)
LIA:
FEB 2018
  • Jisu is shorter than Eunsoo and her face has a Kim Yoojung (actress) vibe. Her voice is also feminine (source)

RYUJIN:
FEB 2017
  • She has the type of face that I like. Honestly, her face does look a bit long but if you keep looking at her, you wouldn't feel so but would think she's pretty. Just pretty. Just as I said previously, Ryujin and Yuna are the 2 tops for me today. Ryujin's advantage is that it seems that she fits into whatever team she's appointed to. Though her rap was not as good as TWICE Chaeyoung's, she still has her own style. Her face is pretty and I can really see a good future ahead of her!! (source)
AUG 2017
  • Rhujin looked pure in her graduation photo, OP thought she was cute in February but this time she had a lot of boldness. OP thinks that Rhujin will attract a lot of fans - both male and female. (source)
CHAERYEONG:
FEB 2017
  • I was reading through the posts here and was shocked that there was criticism on Chaeryeong. To be honest, in terms of competitiveness on looks, she's lacking. But she has well-balanced abilities. If we refer her role/style to Wonder Girls, I guess she has abilities like Sunmi.I think besides Trainee A, Chaeryung is the second kid who hard-carried on today's stages. (source)
AUG 2017
  • Has grown up a lot since SIXTEEN, is prettier and also performed very well (source)
  • Chaeryeong has matured since February, her strengths in dancing are obvious to everyone however it's a pity that she's not really photogenic. (source)
  • Chaeryeong has matured and had an especially beautiful body line when she danced. (source)
  • Chaeryeong is pretty in real life but not photogenic, her dance and personality were both good. (source)
FEB 2018
  • Chaeryeong was relaxed, her dancing was dynamic and smooth (source)
  • Lee Chaeryeong was one of the trainees that shine the most @ tonight's showcase because of her vocal! (source)
  • OP couldn't see anyone but Chaeryeong on stage, they only looked at her. When she's the center, she really pulls you in She had a lot of vocal parts and her expressions were good, she looked like a celebrity (source)

YUNA:
FEB 2017
  • There're plenty of criticism on Yuna so I felt kinda odd. From my point of view, the top visuals were Yuna and Ryujin today... First of all, she has big eyes and small face. And her features are distinct. Honestly, if we have to find someone who's in charge of Tzuyu's role in the this next batch of trainees, I'd say it's Yuna. She's tall, and has a nice body ratio. I think she's just receiving criticism as she's at a young age and is still growing up. She has a gem-like visual, and personally she's very beautiful. I'm not sure about her ability though. (source)
AUG 2017
  • Had the feel of Goo Hara and Fei. Proportions were good, face was also very small. It was definitely her in Bangtan's MV. Her facial expressions were not bad but her skills require more observing
  • Yuna S is young but she is tall, really pretty in person. She has a relatively bigger mouth so she looked really nice when she smiled. (source)
  • Yuna S looked way better than she did in the MV [referring to BTS Highlight Reel Video] and had a very refreshing smile. (source)
  • Yuna S was tall and slender (source)
FEB 2018
  • Yuna (didn't specify which) is really pretty and her proportions are no joke. She didn't sing much and her dancing was flawed but her proportions and expressions covered it up (source)
  • They said that Shin Yuna is the most like body @ today's showcase (source)
AUG 2018
  • Yuna is taller. Around 170cm. But Yuna danced just "okay." (source)
  • Trainee A and Yuna S. were both eye-catching...Yuna S. was really tall and pretty. (source)
  • There is something on YUNA that she catches the attention of everyone. (source)
  • Yuna and Trainee A took center mostly. Yuna doesn't have many lines. Their dance was really good, but not as a group. (source)
  • Yuna S is really pretty...Yuna caught my attention. Even though Trainee A sang well and Trainee B had good gestures, Yuna caught my attention. (source)
  • I liked Trainee A, Trainee B, and Yuna the most. Yuna is really tall and her visual is good. (source)
  • Yuna S caught my attention. She is really tall and she had good facial expressions. She is super pretty and if she debuts she will have a lot of fans. (source)
  • Yuna is so pretty (source)
  • She is really pretty, but her dancing is awkward. (source)
  • During the showcase I could only focus on Trainee A and Yuna S. (source)

Last edited:

rektinq

regrettable...but there was no other way. VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
Hello, i'm a new ItzU and Lia biased. I look forward to my time here as an itzy fan!

Just a question, Is there anyone planning on creating an ITZY badge thread? I must say that I am quite eager to have it on display
i hope their will be cause ill def keep the yeji badge lol / group

itsyaboiidon

.... .. Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,022,015
I'd be ok with waiting on creating the badges cuz we might get better suggestions when the comeback drops with the official teasers and such

lisssie

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭64,635
those vogue pictures are seriously amazing whew

badge voting is on hold for the week anyway, so we wouldn't be able to start rn even if we wanted to. i'm for waiting as well. at least for the member badges i mean. with a comeback coming sometime soon, there might be great badge material coming

Sunny

Stream icy
Reaction score
⨭100,295
What is everyone's comeback theories? I think we'll have a concept completely off course from dalla dalla, because ITZY's brand is 'Different.' I think they'll go the F(X) route in terms of concepts

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
Hello, i'm a new ItzU and Lia biased. I look forward to my time here as an itzy fan!

Just a question, Is there anyone planning on creating an ITZY badge thread? I must say that I am quite eager to have it on display
welcome to itzy MT btw!!
tenor.gif

Sunny

Stream icy
Reaction score
⨭100,295
i’m no good at theories i just know it’s gonna be a bop

hoping for physical albums this time around though (i think the chance is pretty good but i know nothing lol)...imagine the photobook potential
i'm hoping for a photobook too. There's such a lack of ITZY photo material, I find myself in a constant state of thirst. The vogue shoots quenched me for a good while but i'm parched again. Although, the girls have been confirmed for knowing brother, I see that as a surefire sign of more variety appearances as well. Hoping for the best!

sexy cutie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
as the others have said, we're not voting for badges yet because we're waiting for teasers to get more content for badges (iirc)
i’m no good at theories i just know it’s gonna be a bop

hoping for physical albums this time around though (i think the chance is pretty good but i know nothing lol)...imagine the photobook potential
i think it's already announced that we're getting physicals? not sure. everyone are speculating what will be their sales tho

sexy cutie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
ah i wouldn’t know if it was announced or not tbh i’ve been so busy lately that i haven’t followed the girls as closely as i wanted to :sejeongcry:
me neither :sejeongcry: my updates went awry ever since OH went down :sadpepe:

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385
I feel like for now their concepts are going to be more fun, quirky and colorful but as they get older they’ll go for more darker, maturer takes on their “teen crush” concept

Top Bottom