⚡🎵 STEP OUT! The Official Stray Kids Thread | #S-CLASS🎵⚡

misaka

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭580

Please appreciate & respect Stray Kids effort and hardwork. Seeing comments from fans saying this album is unnecessary etc is sad just bec it's not your cup of tea.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,820

Please appreciate & respect Stray Kids effort and hardwork. Seeing comments from fans saying this album is unnecessary etc is sad just bec it's not your cup of tea.

Agreed, Im glad that JYP has such faith in them and is letting them have such control with their musicality and artistic direction. They put out this album bc it had a new style they wanted to try and share with people, I do not understand those who claim to be fans while trashing what they do. You arent going to like everything a group puts out; for instance, I do not care for TMT, I listened to it a comple times but it didnt grow on me and I dont have much interest in listening to it, but that doesnt mean I am going to call it awful and tell them not to make other similiar songs. Music is subjective, and just becuase you dont like a song doesnt mean it is garbage. At the end of the day Yellow Wood was designed to be a small special album before finishing their Unveil tour, they made it bc they wanted to expirement with this genre, to continue themes started from Miroh, and continue the storyline of their MVs. Personally this is my favorite mv of theirs so far, my 3rd fav title track from them, and one of their most interesting choreos to date. I know we as a fandom want Stray Kids to gain the recognition for their songs and talent that they deserve, which in this case means charting on Melon and other sites, but seeing people so quickly turn and say that they should alter the music they want to do to make them appeal to the gp really bothers me. If some Stays put their desires for them to reach a certain level of succes over the actual path Stray kids want to take with their own careers and music, they need to rethink being apart of this fandom. Imo it is an insult to the mindset of the group and disrespectful to them as artists. Sorry for going deeper than what you initially put and ranting a bit but it is something I see a lot with this comeback and I just wanted to state me opinion on it.

Chuuya

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭37,765
JYP's message was so sweet :sejeongcry:
I only lurk and follow official accounts, translators, fansites and some fan accounts on twitter so I'm not really familiar with all the drama and the complaints ? I don't search stuff with tags either so everything I see on my twitter feed are mostly positive things.

I love SKZ's artistic freedom and no one has the right to tell them what kind of music they should make!
I still want Road Not Taken full version though:sejeongcry:

And they said multiple times that they are open to all kind of genres... so why are people complaining? lol
Just go stanning a public friendly group ? We aren't forcing you to like SKZ.
-

I want to read that book now?

misaka

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭580
JYP's message was so sweet :sejeongcry:
I only lurk and follow official accounts, translators, fansites and some fan accounts on twitter so I'm not really familiar with all the drama and the complaints ? I don't search stuff with tags either so everything I see on my twitter feed are mostly positive things.

I love SKZ's artistic freedom and no one has the right to tell them what kind of music they should make!
I still want Road Not Taken full version though:sejeongcry:

And they said multiple times that they are open to all kind of genres... so why are people complaining? lol
Just go stanning a public friendly group ? We aren't forcing you to like SKZ.
Agreed, Im glad that JYP has such faith in them and is letting them have such control with their musicality and artistic direction. They put out this album bc it had a new style they wanted to try and share with people, I do not understand those who claim to be fans while trashing what they do. You arent going to like everything a group puts out; for instance, I do not care for TMT, I listened to it a comple times but it didnt grow on me and I dont have much interest in listening to it, but that doesnt mean I am going to call it awful and tell them not to make other similiar songs. Music is subjective, and just becuase you dont like a song doesnt mean it is garbage. At the end of the day Yellow Wood was designed to be a small special album before finishing their Unveil tour, they made it bc they wanted to expirement with this genre, to continue themes started from Miroh, and continue the storyline of their MVs. Personally this is my favorite mv of theirs so far, my 3rd fav title track from them, and one of their most interesting choreos to date. I know we as a fandom want Stray Kids to gain the recognition for their songs and talent that they deserve, which in this case means charting on Melon and other sites, but seeing people so quickly turn and say that they should alter the music they want to do to make them appeal to the gp really bothers me. If some Stays put their desires for them to reach a certain level of succes over the actual path Stray kids want to take with their own careers and music, they need to rethink being apart of this fandom. Imo it is an insult to the mindset of the group and disrespectful to them as artists. Sorry for going deeper than what you initially put and ranting a bit but it is something I see a lot with this comeback and I just wanted to state me opinion on it.

Sooo true... This is what you signed up for when you start stanning Stray kids. 3racha is Stray kids main producers and fans should've known already especially old fans, what type of music 3racha is into. If you become a Stay bec of their personality or visual etc but doesn't like edm & unconventional music then just listen to their public friendly bsides. I feel like part of this "Please make public friendly song" campaign is for them to chart but Bangchan already mentioned that it is the message that matters. I want 3racha to continue creating music they enjoy and stop giving these people too much power over their works.

______

I read somewhere that Road not taken was supposed to be the title track. They prolly want to try this Psytrance genre and since it is hyper and more edgy song, it perfectly fits with their super lit choreography.

SJK

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,410
SKZ are clearly on the musical trajectory that they want to be on, and anyone who doesn't realize that isn't actually interested in their artistic integrity. Which is fine if you aren't, but just own up to it, at least.

Like I said previously, I sensed from early on that they would explore a lot of musical territory, and for that reason, they're one of the few K-artists I really like to dissect. Every beat, every chord, every vocal run, every rap flow, I'm sitting there going, hmm, what was 3RACHA trying to do here? And I'm always very honest about whether or not I felt they achieved it. Sometimes I go along on the journey and sometimes I don't, but the point is, there's a journey to go on. I always want to form a deeper opinion based on the nuances of their choices.

But a user in the MV thread said it perfectly--this is mainstream pop, and people come to it with well-worn expectations. It's meant to appeal to the widest range of tastes, to be as inoffensive as possible, an easy soundtrack playing in the backgrounds of everyday life. But I was never drawn to SKZ because I thought they would only be these things in the interest of garnering success as quickly as possible. I came onboard because they were swimming in raw talent and were offering up their artistry sincerely, both their safer ventures and their more daring ones, and I appreciate that.

In other news, Changbin is too good at triggering everyone. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

shindubu

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭500
Hello everyone! FYI
I've changed the voting schedule for Stray Kids badge. Sorry :oops:
Suggestions Period (June 20 - 25) 6PM KST
Preliminary voting round (June 25 - 27)
Final voting round (June 27 - 29)
Wildcard Decision Poll - (June 29 - July 2)

I decided to no longer divide the voting per unit so it won't take us weeks/ a month to finalize the badges. If anyone would like to send their mocks for the group + 3racha logo + members, please do before the suggestion period closed.

Last edited:

shindubu

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭500
Preliminary voting round has now started!

Pleas vote wisely ?

shindubu

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭500
Stray Kids Billboard Interview

Bang Chan:
"You know how you mentioned Stray Kids going and climbing the next step? Well, it really doesn't matter if we go up those steps or not -- of course, it'd be great if we could go up! -- but the fact that we have a lot of people that are willing to join us on this journey, that itself is a really big honor. Even it's just one person, a group of people, even it's just you on this adventure we're going through, we're just really glad that there are people willing to go with us."

----
It was such an interesting & amazing interview, y'all better read the full article (y)

misaka

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭580
I haven't mentioned here yet but Stray kids are my oasis.

0706237c83c5a1fa8e5164e8d4872e9b.gif

SJK

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,410
Whew, my bias gets my other bias so well. :fab:

... fans are able to latch on and say, 'These are my boys. These are the guys I like, that I put out for, that I relate to, and I can build my musical catalog and my taste with.'

Top Bottom