🌠 The Honkai: Star Rail Thread 🚂

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭14,050
Looked through and decided Sushang was my fave character design.
:poggers:
Next ten pull she arrived.
Sweet, she has a dope golden sword.
.....................her ult is a giant overweight chicken doing a cannonball. Well why the fuck not!
🐔:poggers:

soozie

✴︎ Events
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭108,983
bless autoplay, ive always hated grinding domains so letting my peeps battle by themselves is amazing :CupPar:

Bchip

ᴀ ʜ ɢ ᴀ s ᴇ Events VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,882,300
Pronouns
He/Him
Still getting used to this. It's amazing visually, but i must say the Jarilo story didn't grab my attention that much :darkkermit:

But so far characters feel more balanced than Genshin's.

Bchip

ᴀ ʜ ɢ ᴀ s ᴇ Events VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,882,300
Pronouns
He/Him
And story-wise, the characters so far are kinda flat to me. Seele is meh, March is a walking Paimon, Dan is this game's Kaeya, Herta and Sampo are annoying...I think the only characters doing it for me rn are Natasha and Himeko. And maybe Bronya after her arc development.
I feel like Genshin's characters are much more charismatic.

Last edited:

Vampire

IDLE TRANSFIGURATION Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,767
is clara ok to use?
I don't have her, so I can't really say, but plenty of players will tell you she's a powerhouse. Here's a character guide from a YouTuber that I often refer to when needing help!

Still getting used to this. It's amazing visually, but i must say the Jarilo story didn't grab my attention that much :darkkermit:

But so far characters feel more balanced than Genshin's.
Yeah, Jarilo-VI's story is relatively common; I didn't dislike it, though. The story during the next location is more interesting, in my opinion, so maybe you will think so, too.

And story-wise, the characters so far are kinda flat to me. Seele is meh, March is a walking Paimon, Dan is this game's Kaeya, Herta and Sampo are annoying...I think the only characters doing it for me rn are Natasha and Himeko. And maybe Bronya after her arc development.
I feel like Genshin's characters are much more charismatic.
I don't think they're flat, but I think Genshin Impact in comparison does have a more charismatic line-up right now.

I will share my opinions on the characters you brought up specifically!

Seele = Don't like.
March = Don't like, but I dislike Seele more.
Dan = He's alright, he's cool.
Herta = She's okay.
Sampo = I'm a Sampo-believer! 🛐 Sorry, Bchip!
Natasha = My favorite female character!
Himeko = Like a lot.
Bronya = Eh.

soozie

✴︎ Events
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭108,983
guess i’m the only one who likes all the characters so far :judgingyou:

i don’t really see any big difference the characters here vs genshin tbh, though id be more interested to see how the characters here compare to those in honkai impact

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,767
guess i’m the only one who likes all the characters so far :judgingyou:

i don’t really see any big difference the characters here vs genshin tbh, though id be more interested to see how the characters here compare to those in honkai impact
I'm sorry you had to see our negativity! :somicry:

I have a friend that enjoyed Honkai Impact 3rd and sometimes he'll just drop these random bits of lore and all I have to say is some serious shit happens to a lot of characters. :vaderecto:

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭14,050
Some thoughts seen as people were sharing.

Having never even seen anything of Honkai before, I have no idea what is going on half the time.

Without a Paimon style companion, they should've made the MC fully voiced. The silent animation in an otherwise busy group conversation is just silly.

Characters are OK so far. Visually very cool, some of the ults are awesome. But I'd agree they are pretty flat.

I don't like March, she's annoying as hell, but her paired with Natasha has made the game ridiculously easy so far. Curious how difficult the later content becomes. Balancing turn based stuff can be easier because it's a lot less dynamic, hopefully means they can avoid a spike.

Systems and UI wise it's messy, anybody coming from Genshin will pick most of it up. But it really should've been tidied up and streamlined a little. It'll only get worse as the game ages RIP.

Optimisation wise, super well built. I can crank this to max at 4k, and it runs beautifully, where as Genshin would drop frames. Likely be due to the smaller open spaces I suppose.

Oh and my free 5 was Yanqing, no idea if he's considered any good, I'll have to give him a go!

soozie

✴︎ Events
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭108,983
I'm sorry you had to see our negativity! :somicry:

I have a friend that enjoyed Honkai Impact 3rd and sometimes he'll just drop these random bits of lore and all I have to say is some serious shit happens to a lot of characters. :vaderecto:
dont be sorry, its fun to see everyone’s thoughts :poggers: :poggers:

yeah i heard :jinjudge: hopefully that wont happen in this game... all the foreshadowing in jing yuan’s trailer scares me

Bchip

ᴀ ʜ ɢ ᴀ s ᴇ Events VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,882,300
Pronouns
He/Him
Some thoughts seen as people were sharing.

Having never even seen anything of Honkai before, I have no idea what is going on half the time.

Without a Paimon style companion, they should've made the MC fully voiced. The silent animation in an otherwise busy group conversation is just silly.

Characters are OK so far. Visually very cool, some of the ults are awesome. But I'd agree they are pretty flat.

I don't like March, she's annoying as hell, but her paired with Natasha has made the game ridiculously easy so far. Curious how difficult the later content becomes. Balancing turn based stuff can be easier because it's a lot less dynamic, hopefully means they can avoid a spike.

Systems and UI wise it's messy, anybody coming from Genshin will pick most of it up. But it really should've been tidied up and streamlined a little. It'll only get worse as the game ages RIP.

Optimisation wise, super well built. I can crank this to max at 4k, and it runs beautifully, where as Genshin would drop frames. Likely be due to the smaller open spaces I suppose.

Oh and my free 5 was Yanqing, no idea if he's considered any good, I'll have to give him a go!
Yep, Natasha is a steal. I'm happy to see a 4-star that impactful in the game.

And i agree with the system and IU. It's extremely similar to Genshin and yet i feel like Genshin is much more intuitive.

Last edited:

Bchip

ᴀ ʜ ɢ ᴀ s ᴇ Events VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,882,300
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm thrilled to see that my bad luck on Genshin followed me all the way here :youdontsay:

All i want is miss Himeko and i'll be happy. Mihoyo please :youdontsay:

Last edited:

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,767
True. Aesthetically, I find it very pleasing, but there's just... a lot of it. I still mix up which buttons leads to what sometimes even though it's been like, 3 weeks lol.

Slay! Everything I've seen of him would suggest to me that he is very nice main DPS character.

I'm thrilled to see that my bad luck on Genshin followed me all the way here :youdontsay:

All i want is miss Himeko and i'll be happy. Mihoyo please :youdontsay:
Praying to the Gacha God(s) you get your girl! :sanapray:

Top Bottom