aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

Mochiface

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭43,100
have we ever known about or seen the other 2 girls before?
I think the other one is Chanhyun
i think she left around the same time than Jungmin and Sera because they often hang out together and are rlly close

screenshot_20201015_201532-jpg.309903

Liquorish

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,000
have we ever known about or seen the other 2 girls before?
They've shown up here and there on this thread, and they both left in late 2019 to early 2020, as far as I know. Chaehyun was in the 2017 leaked lineup and trained under SM for around six years, while we only found out about Jungmin after she left, but apparently she went on Kpop Star in 2017, so she was relatively newer.

camille

MY | ningmeng Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,931
I was still expecting Hina to debut, even after Koeun and Lami left but at the same time I'm really not surprised... which kinda hurts. I'm not expecting Ningning to debut either, I really hope she will but considering that they got rid of their most popular members I can't really see any reason why they would keep Ningning except for the fact that they most likely casted her and she already has a fandom in China.

Congrats to Jimin ! I don't think I'll stan the group, even though I ulted SRG for 5 years but I'll still follow them... wondering what the group would have been if none of the girls left

anaira

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭42,275
For the longest time I’ve said I thought the group would be Jimin and hidden trainees and it’s starting to look as though it’s gonna be that way 🥺
mte. i will be surprised if ningning debuts bc im not expecting her to debut at all..
its sad that they left but at the same time im excited to see the new girls
:sanapray:

Shosho

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,300
It's really sad that Hina left, I hope Yizhou is still there TT her deleting her weibo is really a big hint..

Either way I'm at least glad with the confirmation, and I really feel we'll be getting lots of updates from now on, possible Monday? Since there has been so many rumours about a Monday teaser, or maybe an article later saying that SM will debut the girls and confirm another trainee

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
I'm sad to see Hina go... She was so talented and I hope the best for whatever future career she pursues.

With that being said though, her leaving does bring into question who the main dancer will be. The obvious answer seems to be Helen right now as I don't think any other trainees match her in terms of dancing, at least not that we've seen. I also predicted Hina to be the new leader which brings into question who will be filling that role now...

As far as Ningning goes, I think her deleting her weibo around the same time videos of Jimin and Helen were being removed is a good sign. As of right now I'd say she's poised to be one of the main vocalists so if she weren't to debut I'd assume she was dropped in favour of Plu and Rjing? Some may think Jimin could be a main vocal but she strikes me more as lead vocalist when compared to Ningning, Plu, and Rjing. I guess it all depends who really is in the lineup and who still is hidden

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
It's really sad that Hina left, I hope Yizhou is still there TT her deleting her weibo is really a big hint..

Either way I'm at least glad with the confirmation, and I really feel we'll be getting lots of updates from now on, possible Monday? Since there has been so many rumours about a Monday teaser, or maybe an article later saying that SM will debut the girls and confirm another trainee
shooooooooo :poggers:

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
I'm sad to see Hina go... She was so talented and I hope the best for whatever future career she pursues.

With that being said though, her leaving does bring into question who the main dancer will be. The obvious answer seems to be Helen right now as I don't think any other trainees match her in terms of dancing, at least not that we've seen. I also predicted Hina to be the new leader which brings into question who will be filling that role now...

As far as Ningning goes, I think her deleting her weibo around the same time videos of Jimin and Helen were being removed is a good sign. As of right now I'd say she's poised to be one of the main vocalists so if she weren't to debut I'd assume she was dropped in favour of Plu and Rjing? Some may think Jimin could be a main vocal but she strikes me more as lead vocalist when compared to Ningning, Plu, and Rjing. I guess it all depends who really is in the lineup and who still is hidden
As far as main dance/vocal positions go I think they'll be filled by hidden trainees. I've heard rumors from Thai accounts that there's a Thai '02-er whose supposedly a really good dancer? but idk the source of that rumor.... If Helen debuts I think it'll be mainly as a stan attractor type, maybe lead dancer if the lineup is small. Main vocal will be either the Krystal lookalike or another Korean girl (probably cast in the Taeyeon song audition and Ningning will be the lead if she debuts).

As far as leader goes I've been pretty sure that it's Jimin ever since Koeun left: SM tends to introduce their leaders first, she's the oldest that we know of, she was even class president in school. It all fits.
I really hope she's not the only '00 liner though :sanapray:

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
As far as main dance/vocal positions go I think they'll be filled by hidden trainees. I've heard rumors from Thai accounts that there's a Thai '02-er whose supposedly a really good dancer? but idk the source of that rumor.... If Helen debuts I think it'll be mainly as a stan attractor type, maybe lead dancer if the lineup is small. Main vocal will be either the Krystal lookalike or another Korean girl (probably cast in the Taeyeon song audition and Ningning will be the lead if she debuts).

As far as leader goes I've been pretty sure that it's Jimin ever since Koeun left: SM tends to introduce their leaders first, she's the oldest that we know of, she was even class president in school. It all fits.
I really hope she's not the only '00 liner though :sanapray:
I can't really see Helen not being at the very least a lead dancer, regardless of lineup size. She was a good dancer pre trainee and I can only imagine how much she's improved since training. She strikes me as a Yuri, Yoona, Seohyun type where she's a good dancer that can be centre as well. Yes Seohyun wasn't a lead dancer but she was part of that visual trio with Yuri and Yoona :LOL:. As for main vocal I think the only thing that would hold Ningning back from being in the position is her not being Korean, same with Plu and Rjing if they end up being in the lineup (which I hope they will be). But if they're the best singers in the group SM can't really deny them of the position... Idk I'm so excited to see the talent this group has.

Leader I'm with you, I feel like at this point it'll be Jimin. But who knows with Taeyong being the leader for NCT despite not being the oldest or training the longest, they might pick someone else.
I’ve been thinking about this too, they’re are 9 members and it’s shown as 10-12 members.

Interesting... Maybe we're looking at those 9 plus maybe Plu, Rjing, an Deyi? That's if it is meant to be 12 members... I find it unlikely there wont be a Japanese member but who knows at this point

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭510,750
That must really hurt. Most of them spent like almost a decade as a trainee, hoping one day to debut.

Then one by one we've seen them leaving SM. Survival in Big 3 must be really harsh. I wonder what happened and why SM took so much time. These trainee probably got older, they waited too long and they didn't see any future possible, especially is SM got newer and younger trainees.

:unsure:

Yupuplover

Senpai Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭21,711,528
Well when Hina was found appearing on BP's Netflix Documentary actually a hint that she left SM.
I doubt SM will allow another comp's artist documentary to release their trainees or their debut lineup;
the fact SM & YG were competitors for so many years. Also SM can fork out the money to show their trainees & debut lineup their own why need to use a competitor show to bring the hype

Still kind of sad for all those trainees in 2014-2015; being introduced in SMTOWN but didn't get to debut. SM always wasted a lot of trainees youth.
Feel sad & sorry for them. But I see some of them being happy with their decision. I'm happy for them.

Vintaege

Cornucopia of useless informations
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,740
I was still expecting Hina to debut, even after Koeun and Lami left but at the same time I'm really not surprised... which kinda hurts. I'm not expecting Ningning to debut either, I really hope she will but considering that they got rid of their most popular members I can't really see any reason why they would keep Ningning except for the fact that they most likely casted her and she already has a fandom in China.

Congrats to Jimin ! I don't think I'll stan the group, even though I ulted SRG for 5 years but I'll still follow them... wondering what the group would have been if none of the girls left
You can't see a reason why they would keep Ning? Pre-debut popularity isn't the biggest reason a company keeps a trainee you know? They keep for skills and talent. If Ningning is still stuck somewhere in the dungeon it's because of her skills I believe. I think Jimin also has a fandom in China by now, she trended yesterday too.

camille

MY | ningmeng Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,931
You can't see a reason why they would keep Ning? Pre-debut popularity isn't the biggest reason a company keeps a trainee you know? They keep for skills and talent. If Ningning is still stuck somewhere in the dungeon it's because of her skills I believe. I think Jimin also has a fandom in China by now, she trended yesterday too.

That's not what I meant. I said multiple times already that in my opinion, out of all the girls trainees we had she's the one who sings the best and that she has potential to be the next Taeyeon. But Koeun was talented, Hina too and they still left SM for unknown reasons. Talent isn't the only reason why a trainee debuts, there have been plenty of cases of talented trainees who never debuted because they didn't fit the concept. Also, Jimin probably has a fandom because she's a known trainee, unlike Ningning who's known because she had activities there and was on national TV, she's not only known by Kpop stans.
I’ve been thinking about this too, they’re are 9 members and it’s shown as 10-12 members.

I don't really believe this list because of the fact that there's Kim Nari, who's a fake trainee. However I think we're going to get a big group with Jimin as leader since she's most likely going to be the oldest.
Well when Hina was found appearing on BP's Netflix Documentary actually a hint that she left SM.
I doubt SM will allow another comp's artist documentary to release their trainees or their debut lineup;
Idk, the video with Hina is old, like REALLY old. It is from 2012 and it is available on youtube. Even if she didn't leave I don't think it would mean anything, she was just a trainee like many others and it is from a documentary about Kpop. I don't think the video belongs to SM even though they participated in it.

Who are Plu and Rjing?

Yupuplover

Senpai Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭21,711,528
Idk, the video with Hina is old, like REALLY old. It is from 2012 and it is available on youtube. Even if she didn't leave I don't think it would mean anything, she was just a trainee like many others and it is from a documentary about Kpop. I don't think the video belongs to SM even though they participated in it.
OHH... true what I meant is if she is still with SM, let say the video belong to the dance academy. they most likely need approve from SM to let Netflix to use it if Hina is in the line up. As far as I know SM always are quite strict on those trainees preparing to debut's videos.

Top Bottom