aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­9,069,220
Some people will be underwhelmed by this, but this is easily my top Aespa title track. There is so much good music in here. I hear bits of Imogen Heap.

And I hope the world takes note of Karina's singing.

my friend who is neither a fan or hater or aespa first thing she said was that it was different (meaning non-kwangya) and brought up New Jeans :rolleyes:. and I'm like wtf.. there's nothing 'new jeans' about this. lmao. unless they mean that its a bit "basic"? But basic is not always a bad thing. This is suppose to be a chill / summer / type vibe. A fun song. Not everything has to be complicated 🀭. When I first heard the tune it was already stuck in my head and then with the sitcoms. I kinda didn't watch any LA fancams cuz I didn't want to spoil it without listening to a clean audio version first. Now I will go back and watch those fancams. :pandasantacookie:

obviously pre-recorded. And I'm not expecting more. but curious how many of these did they do (if any). They will not be back in Korea for months after their tour is finished.
I feel like this is kind of a 1 time thing to kick off the single. But who knows... sm surprises us.

Last edited:

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­4,680,316
my friend who is neither a fan or hater or aespa first thing she said was that it was different (meaning non-kwangya) and brought up New Jeans :rolleyes:. and I'm like wtf.. there's nothing 'new jeans' about this.

Like NewJeans? Not at all.

NewJeans songs have a few melodic phrases that get used over a rhythm section that changes only once or twice. The songs are very catchy to the point of becoming earworms. The rhythm gets under your skin first, and the rest of the song follows. (I like NewJeans.)

"Better Things" has more musical changes. They're not as off-the-wall as the changes in Savage, but still typical for an SM song.

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­9,069,220
Like NewJeans? Not at all.

NewJeans songs have a few melodic phrases that get used over a rhythm section that changes only once or twice. The songs are very catchy to the point of becoming earworms. The rhythm gets under your skin first, and the rest of the song follows. (I like NewJeans.)

"Better Things" has more musical changes. They're not as off-the-wall as the changes in Savage, but still typical for an SM song.

Lol. ikr. idk why she said that. she's not really a fan of either one and we discuss about each GG and sometimes we say certain GGs have this NJ vibe.. for example TripleS etc. But I don't see any NJ vibe with Better Things.
The way you put it was very well said. That's why I said for lack of better word when I said "basic" I didn't know how else to describe it and didn't want to sound like I was dissing them or anything . :TzuyuKek:

NJ chrorus lines seem pretty repetitive as well. The only similarity is that BT is a slower song but the musical changes and beats are still more than anything "NJ".:pandasantacookie:

whoa.. this isn't even a comeback and it's doing so well. :shablob:

Top Bottom