aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,679,716

Images 5 and 6 are from Boston's gorgeous Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. It's a mansion turned into a museum.

art_room_courtyard.jpg

art_rooms_raphael_hero_refurbished2018.jpg

Bellamy

I'm your worst nightmare〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,877,614
Pronouns
She/Her
And after this, more fans will do this to catch their attention:HidePar:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,065,720
And after this, more fans will do this to catch their attention:HidePar:

Ugh. I have such mixed feelings about the different lightsticks at concerts :olafdisgust:
You can see different lightsticks in some of the ending photos they took with fans that SM posted. ie. Twice, BTS, etc.
I understand about the "getting the attention". I don't think people with different lightsticks in nosebleed seats expected to get pointed out?
People were discussing it in the comments section. While some thought it was disrespectful. Others were like "it's not that deep." People asked why they do it? But mainly some said "not everyone has money for a lightstick and they want to cheer so they bring the only lightstick they have?" 🤷‍♂️
I get it. And in some way I'm OK with it cuz it just shows that being a multifandom is OK. ie. You don't have to feel like a traitor for liking a different group and it's all about having fun right? But on the other hand, like you said. If it happens once, it could start a trend and more people will do it. :yooheadache:
I think most people outside of Asia still aren't used to kpop concerts. I like the unity of a ocean. I rather have it dark or empty with holes than see different lightsticks. For me it kinda ruins the photo/image. Then there's also the possibility that other fandoms will mock the situation saying that so and so doesn't have fans cuz "they can't even fill a ocean with their own lightstick" nonsense. That's why I say I have such mixed feelings. :jy:

I'm surprised SM didn't crop or blur out the different lightsticks in the photos. But maybe they don't care or didn't catch it? 🤷‍♂️

They really gonna have to buy extra luggage for all the plushies :TzuyuKek:

Last edited:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,065,720
enjoyed the pizza :hehe:

that deep pan pizza looks so good!! :ShockedPar:
And I wonder if that is a new photo/video of aeri working out? Like I have to give them praise if they are able to find time and motivation to work out with their busy schedule! But when I noticed the japanese Energy drink made me think if it's a old photo. But guess that could still have been purchased at a local U.S. store.

Last edited:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭844,550
I saw those posts with people attending Aespa's concert with other artists' lightstick. Not sure how to think about it.

SM and Aespa likely knew that most international fans follow many groups. So they allowed this or at least were aware of it.

Still, I don't think I'll bring another artist's lightstick or even wear another K-pop artist's shirt in a solo concert. For a KCON, Music Bank or festivals/events with various artists why not.

🤔

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,065,720
I saw those posts with people attending Aespa's concert with other artists' lightstick. Not sure how to think about it.

SM and Aespa likely knew that most international fans follow many groups. So they allowed this or at least were aware of it.

Still, I don't think I'll bring another artist's lightstick or even wear another K-pop artist's shirt in a solo concert. For a KCON, Music Bank or festivals/events with various artists why not.

🤔

Yeah. pretty much what I was saying. Mixed reaction. On one hand, it's like.. just a damn lightstick. One of a few different lightsticks at a concert is not the end of the world. 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:. But on the other hand, it's kind of the principle of it all. Example, Imagine liking someone and inviting that person to your birthday party. And then that person shows up with a BF or GF :jy:. Dramatic much? Lol. But that's kind of how it is bringing a different lightstick. I agree it's fine for festivals like Kcon as there are multiple artists and cheering for other artists is what you do. What makes this more funny is that its Twice lightstick again. This happen at Red Velvet concert. I saw some tweets on onces saying that people are over-reacting. And one commented how Twice is having a concert and people are welcomed to bring whatever lightstick they want. And that they won't be hated on etc. :shablob: And I'm like "oh sure.. you say this now cuz the reverse situation has never happened. I sure as hell know that if 1/3 their ocean was filled with BTS Army bong they would change their opinion about inviting people to bring different lightstick :TzuyuKek:

Last edited:

dnb

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,679,716
@dnb Enjoy the concert today!!! :shablob:
XE4mwyW.gif

That concert was good. There was lots of live singing from all 4 members. A lot of vocal highlights were from Winter and Ningning, but Karina and Giselle had their moments. I had to explain to some non-Kpop companions that that amount of live singing was not the norm for Kpop concerts.

The biggest surprise for me was how much Giselle smiled throughout the concert. RBFs seem to be the norm at concerts nowadays, but a smiling face brightens the night for me. Wendy does it for Red Velvet, Jiheon does it for fromis_9, and last night Giselle did it for Aespa.

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,065,720
That concert was good. There was lots of live singing from all 4 members. A lot of vocal highlights were from Winter and Ningning, but Karina and Giselle had their moments. I had to explain to some non-Kpop companions that that amount of live singing was not the norm for Kpop concerts.

The biggest surprise for me was how much Giselle smiled throughout the concert. RBFs seem to be the norm at concerts nowadays, but a smiling face brightens the night for me. Wendy does it for Red Velvet, Jiheon does it for fromis_9, and last night Giselle did it for Aespa.

I'm so glad you had fun! I mean.. .I knew you would :pandasantacookie: . Yeah. their live is unbelievable amazing! When I saw them at Tokyo Dome the sound system was so good. And sometimes maybe too good cuz they sounded like CD. :giggle: But these smaller venues the sound system might not be as good so their voices stand out more. I read a comment like that on YT that they enjoyed the concert and also that not many will do that amount of live singing (maybe that was you?) :giggle:🤭 And the thing is. People brag and praise their favs about singing live. But there's a difference between singing live and just having your mic on. Most groups end up just shouting. Lol. aespa sings live and they sound good. sound Like CD. They do the harmonies and ab libs and most of the backing as well. It's not like most songs where they just talking through it. They are singing and doing dance choreo! Not easy at all to do. The fact they doing this at their concerts every 3 days or so apart you'd think their voices would start to falter. but nope. I never get tired of them doing Spicy. Their high notes! :shablob: 10 out of 10 honestly.

Last edited:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,065,720
FOR ONCE I CAUGHT HER LIVE FROM BEGINNING. SHORT BUT VERY CUTE NINGNING :LovePar:

PEOPLE WEREN'T SURE WHO THIS GIRL WAS.
GUESS SHE'S A MODEL/FRIEND OF NING

OH.. SO THIS IS WHY SHE ENDED HER LIVE SHORT AGAIN :TzuyuKek:

Last edited:

dnb

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,679,716
I'm so glad you had fun! I mean.. .I knew you would :pandasantacookie: . Yeah. their live is unbelievable amazing! When I saw them at Tokyo Dome the sound system was so good. And sometimes maybe too good cuz they sounded like CD. :giggle: But these smaller venues the sound system might not be as good so their voices stand out more.

The Boston venue (MGM Music Hall) had an unusual setup for audio. The bass was way boosted so the audience really felt it. The seats were shaking like one of those Jurassic Park THX setups when the TRex stomps around. But the mids and highs were not super loud so their vocals stood out.

Audio-wise the balance was not good. But one good side effect of this setup is that my ears weren't ringing after the concert.

I read a comment like that on YT that they enjoyed the concert and also that not many will do that amount of live singing (maybe that was you?)

That wasn't me. But it's nice to hear the same thing coming from another source.

Top Bottom