aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,074,720
EDM is not my cup of tea, so Whiplash even if it is not a bad song, it's my least favorite aespa TT. The song is catchy so I know that It will grow on me with the live performances.
I love the MV tho, i know it's minimalistic but it is still eye-catching + I finally feel like the 4 girls got the spotlight. This is definitely Giselle's era.
The mini album is ok, It reminds to NCT 127's sound. For now Flowers and Just Another Girl are my favorites.

right. I still listen to it but its not my favorite track. As for the MV I remember when the teaser was first released someone commented "did they spend all their budget on armageddon?" comments like those pisses me off. Cuz.. not everything needs to cost a lot to be effective. You can have a simple MV if done right. idk.. was it g-idle who spent like a half million of their own money for their mv? to this day I can't remember much about it. and the song itself didn't do well chart-wise (if I recall it was also EDM genre). My point being.. MVs come and go, but it's the song that will be remembered.
I don't really listen to NCT. I'm only familiar with most of their title tracks. I don't know if I would classify this album in the same category based on that. :LOL: i've never really heard any nct songs that give a EDM vibe. 😂

Bellamy

I'm your worst nightmare〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,974,664
Pronouns
She/Her
don't really listen to NCT. I'm only familiar with most of their title tracks. I don't know if I would classify this album in the same category based on that. :LOL: i've never really heard any nct songs that give a EDM vibe. 😂
Not the title track, the b-sides. I don't know how to explain it...The r&b, and hip hop songs that aespa makes are similar to NCT 127's. Red Velvet has R&B songs too but the vibe is different. Armageddon is, for me, their only TT that has NCT 127's vibes.

Last edited:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,074,720
Not the title track, the b-sides. I don't know how to explain it...The r&b, and hip hop songs that aespa makes are similar to NCT 127's. Red Velvet has R&B songs too but the vibe is different. Armageddon is, for me, their only TT that has NCT 127's vibes.

I remember seeing comments early on during aespa career comparing them to NCT sound. And I was like.. Umm.. guess I can see where they coming from as aespa music genre was not the typical gen. public friendly sound compared to what was out there. But I feel NCT songs are a little bit more crazy and not as consistent (if that makes any sense). Its interesting you picked Armageddon tho as one of the closest songs with NCT vibes. I would have said something more like maybe Savage :giggle:

Top Bottom