ARTICLES Chungha tearfully admitted she has been “living life with the thought she could never rest” The idol’s true mental state is quite worrisome

Vanilla Cupcake

뉴이스트 ❤️ 동호회 🐯 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭606,065
Chungha tearfully admitted she has been “living life with the thought she could never rest” The idol’s true mental state is quite worrisome

Interview, article: Liu Wanxin
Translation: Vanilla Cupcake

South Korean artist Chungha was recently diagnosed with COVID-19. Since then, she has halted all promotions, and delayed her album release date to concentrate on recovery in isolation. Recently, she was featured on variety show “Running Girls” with Sunmi, Hani, YooA, and Chuu. On the show, Chungha expressed her rare emotional side, and admitted that she has been living life with the mindset that “she could never rest,” and it pains the hearts of many audience.

d5324861.jpg

Since debut, Chungha's schedule has been packed, and she almost never has time to rest. (Photo: YouTube / Mnet Official)​

Chungha said she often heard people saying, “Are you thinking a lot? It looks like you have a lot of time? If you are thinking a lot, that means you have a lot of time on your hands. Other people don’t have time to think, they can only practice and move forward.” Slowly, she also developed the mindset that “If I spend too much time to think, this means I have a lot of time”. Since then, she was determined to work harder, and make sure that she doesn’t even have time to think. During this process of moving forward, when Chungha has a lot of self-doubt, she would warn herself to stop relaxing, thus creating a vicious cycle.

d5324858.jpg

Chungha has been warned before, "if you have a lot of time to think, that means you have a lot of time on your hands." (Photo: YouTube / Mnet Official)​

Chungha revealed that there was a time when her schedule was so packed, she would be promoting, shooting commercials, flying overseas to participate in activities, being on live broadcast from morning till night, yet she would continue to discipline herself, “Don’t think about being tired.” She felt that she has to “live life knowing she could never have time to rest.” She would give it her all to sing, and to dance, and she insisted on not showing her lazy side in order to receive more jobs so she can properly take care of her mother. With this, other members at her side aches for her, Sunmi even started tearing up.

d5324859.jpg

Chungha expressed that she carry the mentality that she "could never rest" in life. (Photo: YouTube / Mnet Official)​

Chungha mentioned she has taken a “subconscious test” before (a test that shows subconsciously, what does she care the most). In her results, the top priority is “feeling that I’m still breathing”, next is “music.” Chungha admitted throughout the rough journey, she has thought about “giving up music.” Tearfully, she noted, “But I can’t let go. What’s holding me back is (my) album, yet what’s making me want to give up is also my album.” After listening to Chungha’s feelings, Hani sadly noted, “This really sounds like the old me; my heart hurts.” Sunmi also admitted, “I always thought Chungha is very pure and innocent, (after hearing this), my heart feels very heavy.”

d5324862.jpg

Chungha felt that she couldn't even breathe because of the stress from work, yet she could never let go her beloved music. (Photo: YouTube / Mnet Official)

Clip of Chungha's tearful admission.​

UMJI MOODS

엄지는 내 장미 VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭45,041,713
Sounds like she would have been better off in a group where everyone shares the load. I hope that in the future she will treat herself as the precious person that she is.​

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭295,200
She's working very hard but that's clearly too much, with overpacked schedule, no time to rest and not even time to think. That's very bad for your mental and physical health.

Being a successful soloist, she had to carry everything on her shoulders, even her how company. I hope she'll be able to rest and take care of herself 😔

Top Bottom