GAME+ [FINISHED] The A-List Stylist Club

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
F @Greenleaf

Round 6 - Social Awareness
The last round wow, never thought i'd see to the end, but i'm glad to have somehow made it this far. I decided to create an outfit based on a social issue that's been pretty prominent in america for quite a long time, the incarceration rate. It gets talks about a lot for years, but i feel like not much really changes. The US has one of the highest incarceration rates in the world, it's been like this for about as long as i can remember, being more than quadruple the next country. Even compared much more populated countries like China, India, or Russia, dear America still beats them about around 7 to 1 (if i got my math right) I feel like a lot of people, especially in america, tend to either not care or not know how serious it is, and how it disproportionately affects people of certain ethnic groups over others (blacks and latinos). Even now, the amount of prisoners in american prisons are actually at an all time low, but they still account for more than 25% of the total prison population in the world. And America is still currently overcapacity for their prisons, so there's not really enough space to hold all of these prisoners. In 2016 alone, there were more than 2 million american's behind bars. Now you may be wondering, "well what the hell they doing up in america to have these kind of rates?" Most of it is because of drug arrests, anything from the possession of marujana to crack will land you prison for anywhere between a few days to 10 years. It's such a problem because these people arent getting the help they need while in prison, so on they chance they get out, nothing changes and they're back in prison again for the same offense or the underlying is that they were trying to support their drug usage through stealing and scamming. America actually spends more money on prison and related institutions than they do towards education and making sure children are learning. Yet, america is still not anywhere near being safe compared to other countries who have much smaller incarceration percentages.
----
So, i hope i'm understanding this right, when i'm designing this outfit, cause if i flop due to misunderstanding again it will be the end of me nnnn. I got this orange jumpsuit to represent the common american prison uniform. Actual prisoners uniforms are orange shirts and pants with a white undershirt, but i thought a jumpsuit would but cuter somehow. They don't normally have this many ignore the jacket, i only want the words on it. On the back of the jumpsuit in taking these words "No Miracles Here", I wanted it to say this because the general sterotype is that once you go into prison, you're essentially "stuck" in the system, going in and out. The system is (rightfully) bleak, however it essentially ruins your life forever, cause no ones going want to hire someone with criminal records. For shoes, i got some combat boots. i dont know how it goes in other countries, but American soldiers are put to work for long hours for little to no pay. They don't get a special kind of shoe to promote their feet for the long hours of hard labor, but i felt it should try to represent the need for shoes to support that kind of labor.
jSc1Nck.jpg

For accessories, i wanted to rep the issue at hand with a mug shot board/ the letter board, the board says, "Our system of mass incarceration is better understood as a system of racial and social control than a system of crime prevention or control." Which represents what i mentioned earlier about how the system arrests many from certain ethnics groups people from poorer areas, but the country doesn't feel any safer. Normally these boards are a sort of identification in mug shots, with a name and assigned code number, but i decided to make it a statement for the social issue. American crime is still crazy bad and closely tied to the economic condition of the area (fun fact, my state has one of the highest rates for murder and violent crime in the country). Decided to use chain/handcuff inspired jewelry. both to represent the arrest and how it bounds them to a system that doesn't care about helping those who committed more minor crimes function in society after they serve their time.
A6wUtKU.jpg

For hair, honestly i liked keeping it simple. the 1st pic is the makeup. I wanted nude lip with a slightly worn out eyeshadow? idk if im making sense, but i wanted darker eyeshadow that flared out into a lightish orange brown-ish color. the 2nd pic is the hair, i wanted a length that's not too long and this brown shade that i think goes well with orange.
mXsXUnE.jpg

Mina - 8/10 - I don't really have anything bad to say. I think this outfit relates to the topic.
Mocha - 6/10 - I get that this fits the theme and all but... how u gonna come and serve a straight out of OITNB look last round of this game jghfgfdgg. I don't know, guess I just expected more. Meh.
Riri - 7/10 - It fits the theme and its nice in its simplicity but that's about it.
Aki - X/10 - I love that you picked this issue to focus on and I do enjoy your interpretation. I like the jacket and the shoes. The jacket especially makes a good and strong statement. The jumpsuit is alright. I do understand why you picked it. The accessories... i am on a 50-50 with them. The board is so clever and I dig it. I am glad you decided to make it say something so powerful. however the use of handcuff imagery for the rest of the accessories feels a bit too much. You could have incorporated other elements in. Instead of just picking one thing. cause when you over use something it stops it from making an impact. You could have maybe gone for like a bracelet that has metal bars to make it look like jail, bullets for ear rings to show how police tends to resort to weapons more in the U.S especially when it comes to people of colour, etc. That way your outfit would have become more interesting and impactful. I do think going for neutral makeup works. And I like the hair too.

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
results_alist.png

Thanks everyone for participating in this game! It took a long time and final results too way long to post (cause i was focusing on TW) but alas it's over. I hope you guys had fun in the game. We've never had a fashion game on the forum which is why i decided to make this game. Me and the other judges really enjoyed seeing your submissions and I thank you all very much for participating in the game! To my judges @Minä @mocha @Riri thank you for taking time off to rate the submissions, it really meant a lot to have you all on board!

Now without further ado, let's get to the results!

The game took over two weeks(excluding the delay in posting final results) so prizes have been adjusted accordingly.

In Third place we have...

@BlueNose and @Beefy

I gave blue a 7.5 and she had also won 2 bonus points for the round so her final score was 30.5!
I gave beefy 8.5 so her final score was 30.5!

Congratulations!

In Second place we have...

@Baymax

I gave baymax a score of 8.5 and she also won 3 bonus points for the round so her final score was 33.5!

Congratulations!

In First place we have...

@Bchip

I gave bchip a score of 9.5 so his final score was 37!

Congratulations!

The rest of the scores are as follows

I gave @Still Disappointed a score of 7 so her final score was 24.5
I gave @OutroTearTheFirst a score of her 5 and she also won 2 bonus points for the round so her final score is 21

Thank you everyone for participating! :heartublob:

Final distribution is as follows!

@Bchip - 10 orbs, 100k(+30k) coins, 50 Elite Gamer Points
@Baymax - 7 orbs, 70k (+30k) coins, 40 Elite Gamer Points
@Beefy - 5 orbs, 50k coins, 30 Elite Gamer Points
@BlueNose - 5 orbs, 50k (+30k) coins, 30 Elite Gamer Points
@Panda - 1 orb, 10k coins and 10 Elite Gamer Points
@OutroTearTheFirst @Still Disappointed - 1 orb, 10k(+30k) coins and 10 Elite Gamer Points
@soozie - 100k coins (+60k) , 10 Elite Gamer Points
@Chiharu @Chomiczewska @Sera @miatheikonic @Skönt @Mrs. Bobinho @Nara @wonwoo - 100k coins & 10 Elite Gamer Points

OutroTearTheFirst

Oh, I'm sorry, but nobody does evil the way I do! Fourth Place HoE
Reaction score
On a picnic with gasppepe eating nugget peepo
Plus Coins
⨭18,700
Pronouns
She/Her
Top Bottom