In upcoming episode of KBS "Happy Together 4", Red Velvet's Joy opens up to share she has been diagnosed with somatization disorder

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭998,250
I hope she's getting proper treatment for it and I really hope that SM, despite their poor track record, are starting to take note of the importance of mental health care for their artists and other employees.

It's quite surreal seeing so many idols and companies openly speaking about mental health issues over the last few months. While there's still a REALLY long way to go, I hope this causes the general public in South Korea to also realize the importance of mental health.

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
I had to look it up, and I can't imagine how hard it must be to struggle with this kind of disorder, especially as an idol who travels alot and is always busy. But atleast with her opening up about it more people might also research it, so there can be an increase in awareness about it.

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭31,438,164
Pronouns
She/Her
Poor Joy!!! i hope she is getting treatment.....SM do your job!

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭292,855
For ones that want to look it up:

Somatic symptom disorder (SSD formerly known as "somatization disorder" or "somatoform disorder") is a form of mental illness that causes one or more bodily symptoms, including pain. The symptoms may or may not be traceable to a physical cause including general medical conditions, other mental illnesses, or substance abuse. But regardless, they cause excessive and disproportionate levels of distress. The symptoms can involve one or more different organs and body systems, such as:
  • Pain
  • Neurologic problems
  • Gastrointestinal complaints
  • Sexual symptoms

Many people who have SSD will also have an anxiety disorder.

/:

I hope she's getting treatment for it.

Top Bottom