Official あいみょん (Aimyon) Thread

Bom

夢を諦めないで Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,680
RBKgiKQ.jpg

About
Aimyon was born on March 6th 1995. She is a singer-songwriter from the city of Nishinomiya, Hyogo Prefecture. From a child she grew up playing music because of her Grandmother who had dreamt of becoming a singer, and a father who worked in acoustics and had been writing songs since he was in high school.​
On March 25th 2015, Aimyon her first single 'Anata Kaibou Junai Uta ~ Shine' and entered the Oricon Indie top 10 chart. Later, in May 2015 she released her first album 'Tamago'.​
Aimyon made her mainstream breakthrough with her hit single Marigold released in August 2018. Because of this, she was invited to perform Marigold in Kohaku Uta Gassen 2018, which is one of the most-viewed TV program in Japan and it's aired annually during the night before the New Year's Day. Since then, she has released an album "Momentary Sixth Sense" in February 2019 and a single "Haru no hi" in April 2019. Both has become huge and it's still selling these days.​
Aimyon was one of the winners of the Vogue Japan Women of the Year 2018.​
Discography

Albums/EPs

• tamago (May 2015)
  • Nikumarekko Yo ni Habakaru (December 2015)
  • Excitement of Youth(September 2017)
  • Ai wo Tsutaetaida Toka (May 2018)
  • Momentary Sixth Sense (February 2019

Singles

• 貴方解剖純愛歌-〜死ね〜 (March 2015)
  • 生きていたんだよな (November 2016)
  • 愛を伝えたいだとか (May 2017)
  • 君はロックを聴かない (August 2017)
  • 満月の夜なら (April 2018)
  • マリーゴールド (August 2018)
  • 今夜このまま (November 2018)
  • ハルノヒ (April 2019)
Facts

• She dislikes fish and mushrooms.​
    • Her Zodiac sign is Pisces.​
    • She has 6 brothers and 1 sister.​
Music Videos

Op by Bom & kevinpr9

Last edited:

kevinpr9

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,350
Aimyon made her mainstream breakthrough with her hit single Marigold released in August 2018. Because of this, she was invited to perform Marigold in Kohaku Uta Gassen 2018, which is one of the most-viewed TV program in Japan and it's aired annually during the night before the New Year's Day. Since then, she has released an album "Momentary Sixth Sense" in February 2019 and a single "Haru no hi" in April 2019. Both has become huge and it's still selling well these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bom

Bom

夢を諦めないで Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,680
Aimyon made her mainstream breakthrough with her hit single Marigold released in August 2018. Because of this, she was invited to perform Marigold in Kohaku Uta Gassen 2018, which is one of the most-viewed TV program in Japan and it's aired annually during the night before the New Year's Day. Since then, she has released an album "Momentary Sixth Sense" in February 2019 and a single "Haru no hi" in April 2019. Both has become huge and it's still selling these days.

Thank you I'll add this to the OP. :)

kevinpr9

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,350
Thank you I'll add this to the OP. :)
Oh nice! Btw has Marigold ever been used in any commercials or dramas??

I just wanna add that Aimyon will be featured in Masaki Suda's song "Kiss dake de" from the Suda's upcoming 2nd album LOVE.

Bom

夢を諦めないで Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,680
Oh nice! Btw has Marigold ever been used in any commercials or dramas??

I just wanna add that Aimyon will be featured in Masaki Suda's song "Kiss dake de" from the Suda's upcoming 2nd album LOVE.

Not that I know of, but I haven't kept up much recently so I may have missed something!

Ohh exciting news!! Thank you I'll keep my eye out for that!

tumblr_psvkhyiEnU1s3n6uoo2_r1_1280.jpg

Aimyon is also going to be releasing a new single '真夏の夜の匂いがする' (Manatsu no Yoru no Nioi ga Suru) on 24th July! ?

Lightning

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,825
I hoped this thread would be here, great work so far!

Maybe you can add any official sales figures or certifications from her releases to the OP. I think that would put into perspective how successful she has become in a short space of time.

I'll be sure to follow this thread to keep up to date with all Aimyon's news and music.

• Love

kevinpr9

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,350
Not that I know of, but I haven't kept up much recently so I may have missed something!

Ohh exciting news!! Thank you I'll keep my eye out for that!

tumblr_psvkhyiEnU1s3n6uoo2_r1_1280.jpg

Aimyon is also going to be releasing a new single '真夏の夜の匂いがする' (Manatsu no Yoru no Nioi ga Suru) on 24th July! ?

ANOTHER BIG HIT INCOMING!!

Maybe you can add any official sales figures or certifications from her releases to the OP. I think that would put into perspective how successful she has become in a short space of time.

I'll be sure to follow this thread to keep up to date with all Aimyon's news and music.

Marigold have been certificated Platinum in April.
"Konya kono mama" and "Haru no hi" have been certificated Gold.

Bom

夢を諦めないで Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,680

Thank you! I'll work on adding sales figures etc to the OP soon!
Glad to see more Aimyon fans here ~ :love:

kevinpr9

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,350
I see some Twitter users saying that given how big her singles are, Aimyon is gonna be the next pop diva after Kana Nishino as Kana is on hiatus right now. However, I feel Aimyon hasn't reached the diva status yet. It depends on how she's gonna progress. Who knows that one day Aimyon is about to drop a single that many feel less mainstream or public-friendly than her previous singles, and then her popularity declines? Ofc we cannot predict how her career is gonna be for the next few yrs. I also feel that Aimyon doesn't really care whether she's going for diva or not. But hey! I love Aimyon and I really want to support her no matter how far she's gonna go.

Bom

夢を諦めないで Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,680
I see some Twitter users saying that given how big her singles are, Aimyon is gonna be the next pop diva after Kana Nishino as Kana is on hiatus right now. However, I feel Aimyon hasn't reached the diva status yet. It depends on how she's gonna progress. Who knows that one day Aimyon is about to drop a single that many feel less mainstream or public-friendly than her previous singles, and then her popularity declines? Ofc we cannot predict how her career is gonna be for the next few yrs. I also feel that Aimyon doesn't really care whether she's going for diva or not. But hey! I love Aimyon and I really want to support her no matter how far she's gonna go.

She doesn't strike me as a diva at all, even so she's not been around for all that long yet and who knows what will happen in future..
I do think (and hope) she'll stick with her current sound as I love every single one of her songs so far.

Lightning

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,825
Does anyone have any links to either written or video interviews with Aimyon? I'd like to try and get to know her personality and mindset more (outside of just listening to her songs) and thought that would be a good place to start. The more in depth the better!

Bom

夢を諦めないで Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,680
Does anyone have any links to either written or video interviews with Aimyon? I'd like to try and get to know her personality and mindset more (outside of just listening to her songs) and thought that would be a good place to start. The more in depth the better!

There's a few I have found ~

Some videos:

kevinpr9

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,350

Lightning

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,825
There's a few I have found ~

Some videos:

Thanks very much! Exactly what I was looking for.

Bom

夢を諦めないで Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,680
Thanks very much! Exactly what I was looking for.

No problem at all! I'll update with more as they're released.
I just wish my Japanese was good enough to understand, I can pick out small parts of the articles but that's about it. :cry:

Bom

夢を諦めないで Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,680

Aimyon and Sekaikan Ozaki from CreepHyp came home together. Wait! Are they already engaged?

Cute!! Super happy for them ~

English article http://neotokyo2099.com/2019/06/24/is-aimyon-dating-creephyps-vocalist-ozaki-sekaikan/

'On June 3rd, Aimyon (24) and CreepHyp’s Ozaki Seikaikan were seen together.

FLASH is reporting that they are and observed Ozaki going to Aimyon’s home and reporting that the two are in a serious relationship.

The two met last year when Aimyon joined a radio campaign song which was written and composed by Ozaki.

When Aimyon’s management was asked about the relationship, the response is that they do not discuss the private lives of their client.'

Top Bottom