Official Football thread

kazed

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭100
I am horrified with the scoreline, and how most of the players are performing - especially Zouma. He's supposed to be a "veteran" already. Tammy is not on PL standard tbh, and Azpilicueta seems to be declining as seasons pass. We also lack a leader.

Well. Fingers crossed for the rest of the season.

p.s I want the pre-season Barkley back

fromisSakura

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,178,900
YES

4-0 WIN FOR MANCHESTER UNITED.

Honestly, Chelsea was the better side in the 1st half, and should be levelled with us.

Thankfully UTD woke up in the 2nd half. 2 quick fire goal. And one more later on.

We only made 3 new signings but all 3 signings look great.

Carefree

Real/Fiction Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,280
It hurts that I had Wan-Bissaka in my fantasy team until the last moment when I swapped him out. sighhhhh

Not overly concerned with the result since it doesn't match the performance. Anyone who watched knows that 4-0 flattered United. Of course we deserved to lose, but not by such a scoreline. Since this is just the first match of the season I was mostly looking positive signs. The early high tempo and press looked really good until Zouma's idiotic challenge. We were all over United until that point, our passing and movement was sharp and direct. Jorginho and Kovacic were impressive. On another day, those two attempts off the post go in and don't go into the half down by one. We have to remember that we have Kante, Rudiger, James, Willian, Hudson-Odoi, and Loftus-Cheek all injured/not match-fit so the team we had playing wasn't ideal.

Unfortunately in the second half, our passing and pressing completely died. Obviously the biggest concern is the defence. Too many mistakes which United pounced all over. Christensen and Emerson were mostly fine, but Zouma and Azpilicueta were awful, especially Zouma who I can't imagine has had a worse performance in his career. Azpi is in a difficult spot, since he's losing his pace and had no one to help cover him (Kante), it was a bit naive of Lampard to have him push forward so much so I can't entirely blame Azpi for being so bad. If Lampard is going to continue having his right back do that, Reece must start when he returns. Also if Lampard told the defence to lie so far back, then he needs to stop that because our pressing and playing out from the back was poor. Kante is obviously massively important to our defence and it showed, we got slaughtered by United's counters. I don't understand why Barkley was deployed on the left when his great preseason form came when he was played centrally. Pedro was also terrible, Hudson-Odoi should be ahead of him when he's back. Absolutely shocking officiating, two of United's goals shouldn't have even stood but Anthony Taylor is from Manchester so...
Lampard has a lot of work to do, but I trust him. Most of our first choice team is injured/not match fit and there's still 37 matches left, I'm not concerned. Upset yes, but not worried.

Pseudo

Lifetime Orbit
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,760
Scoreline's great but seeing AWB, Maguire, and James slotting into the team so quickly is even better. DJ's debut goal was so emotional as well - I couldn't be happier for the lad after losing his father right before signing for United. Seeing him in near tears got me and a lot of other United fans welling up too.

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,178,900
Scoreline's great but seeing AWB, Maguire, and James slotting into the team so quickly is even better. DJ's debut goal was so emotional as well - I couldn't be happier for the lad after losing his father right before signing for United. Seeing him in near tears got me and a lot of other United fans welling up too.

AWB. I think this is one of the best signing we have for years. Every matches he played in so far, I been so impressed. I like Ole putting James as a sub. He will be so potent against opponents tiring legs.

Our midfield do need to step up though. Pogba was pretty poor although there was a great pass from him for one of the goal. I want him to step up more because I know he have not shown his full potential yet.

Last edited:

Pseudo

Lifetime Orbit
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,760
AWB. I think this is one of the best signing we have for years. Every matches he played in so far, I been so impressed. I like Ole putting James as a sub. He will be so potent against opponents tiring legs.

Our midfield do need to step up though. Pogba was pretty poor although there was a great pass from him for one of the goal. I want him to step up more because I know he have not shown his full potential yet.

I think everyone going forward was toothless in the first half, Pogba alone wasn't to blame - him and Lingard stepped it up in the second half, always making great through passes. Chelsea was without their best XI and we pretty much have ours minus Fred and Matic so I think Wolves, who won't make the same mistake of letting us have our constant counterattacks, will be a bigger test. But I'm excited for the days to come!

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,178,900
End of Match-Week 1:

PE16xto.jpg

Pseudo

Lifetime Orbit
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,760
I feel like Tammy Abraham needs to score a goal to calm his nerves. He looks so shaky every time he's on the ball. Otherwise, LC and Chels was so high energy in the second half, I couldn't even take my eyes off for a second - there really should have been more goals on both sides (Leicester should've had two more). Maddison looks like the real deal every time I see him play; shame about that sitter, though.

kimsguardian

🄳🄾🄾🅁🚪 Sixth Place HoETop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,648,770
Pronouns
He/Him
lol never understand why Tammy got no.9 shirt, why don't they just sign Callum Wilson :dogeLaugh:

waiting for another big match this weekend, Livpool vs Arsenal, Firmansah vs PAL

meanwhile there's Pukki who's keep scoring, can he be the next 2016 Vardy this season??

Carefree

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,280
Watching Luiz put up a disasterclass against Liverpool makes me feel so smug. Good day for us, Salah and van Aanholt are proper Chels.
Dear God, our Chelsea game really was a fluke after all
That's what me and every other Chelsea fan have been saying! If we scored the first goal like the run of play suggested would happen (and if we weren't Woodwork FC), the match looks completely different. Also our injury list was and still is extensive, no Loftus-Cheek, no Hudson-Odoi, no Rudiger, no Kante, no James that day. I don't understand why United didn't buy a creative midfielder, I thought Bruno Fernandes was a lock to join but I guess he wasn't? He could've been very useful today. I felt like a humbling was coming some time soon anyway after how much shit we took from some extremely arrogant United fans on twitter and reddit. Plus that embarrassment of a tweet from United earlier today, good lord.

Pseudo

Lifetime Orbit
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,760
Watching Luiz put up a disasterclass against Liverpool makes me feel so smug. Good day for us, Salah and van Aanholt are proper Chels.

That's what me and every other Chelsea fan have been saying! If we scored the first goal like the run of play suggested would happen (and if we weren't Woodwork FC), the match looks completely different. Also our injury list was and still is extensive, no Loftus-Cheek, no Hudson-Odoi, no Rudiger, no Kante, no James that day. I don't understand why United didn't buy a creative midfielder, I thought Bruno Fernandes was a lock to join but I guess he wasn't? He could've been very useful today. I felt like a humbling was coming some time soon anyway after how much shit we took from some extremely arrogant United fans on twitter and reddit. Plus that embarrassment of a tweet from United earlier today, good lord.

Lmao, I was saying that tongue-in-Loftus-cheek but there was some truth to it. Wanting to reach top 4 without having another experienced attacking mid-field after the departure of Herrera was a disasterclass along with still having no proper right-midfielder since converting both Ashley Young and Antonio Valencia into fullbacks half a decade ago. Bruno Fernandes was tipped by a couple of unreliable Portuguese journos and formerly reliable United journos like Di Marzio who now only chat shit for clout - respectable ones like Simon Stone always swatted away those rumors but I would return to being a church-goer every Sunday had we bought him. No matter what, blame the refereeing decisions, blame the "bad luck", blame the Premier League lower-table teams being better now, there's absolutely no excuse for a United team to lose to Crystal Palace at Old Trafford given the names on the teamsheet.

The club is in some serious need of restructuring - Ed Woodward, an accountant - is holding pretty much all power over transfers and running of the club besides game tactics and training. He didn't back the previous managers and he clearly wouldn't back Ole (and don't tell me about transfer fees we've spent, people know Utd are wealthy and would rinse us to the last pound and Woodward has to be one of the worst negotiators in the game). (Also, football Twitter/Insta is asking for pain, m8. I don't even follow Utd players on those).

Carefree

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,280

EA's budget for this useless trailer is probably higher than Konami's entire budget for developing PES 2020

Lingard gets an 82 because that's how many attempts it took him to hit all those targets

Top Bottom