~Official S.H.E Thread~Asia's Legendary Girl Group

grainy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
Ella's birthday party - held free for fans!
It's crazy, totally rec it hah. She sings, acts, dances, hosts, does comedy...

Last edited:

hess

SNSD ♡ S.H.E ♡ IOI Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,860
you didn't hear that from me
okay! Any suggestions on what I should include? I'd like to say a little about how they overcame all the obstacles in their paths but i'm not sure if i should be including the injuries on an intro thread :/

Heh :lurk1: The only way I clear shows tbh

Thank you, that will help a lot!! :)

Yeah I don't think there's any that fits :/ I made one for Hebe to test how it could go though - but I follow S & E less closely so I don't know if I could do the same for them re. solo careers, especially Selina :/

lmk any feedback!
I think it's absolutely part of their journey so it makes sense to include it. If there's any new fans who don't know about that part of their history they'd be missing vital info. Probably just include but don't harp.

Oh wow, you made a vid for it! I'll check it out later today and give some thoughts. Maybe I can help with vids for the others if we decide to try it.

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
I think it's absolutely part of their journey so it makes sense to include it. If there's any new fans who don't know about that part of their history they'd be missing vital info. Probably just include but don't harp.

Oh wow, you made a vid for it! I'll check it out later today and give some thoughts. Maybe I can help with vids for the others if we decide to try it.

Aight, fair points :)

Yup! I'm a little freer these days so it was okay! :)
I would def love your feedback & help!

Lightning

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,825
I found some quotes and photos from the mini SHE reunion at Ella's birthday celebration.

Which includes this little gem:

The pair also shared about the most memorable birthday surprise they had ever planned for Ella. “There was one year when we planned to gather a bunch of friends and surprise her at home during her day off, but that day, she was suffering from menstrual cramps!” they recalled with a laugh. “To be surprised while you are sick and yet you have to thank everyone, it must have been really difficult for the poor thing!”

Lightning!! I'm so happy you're here :peepopbirthday:

Not as happy as I am! I was so sad when OH started dying. For a few times I was worried that it wouldn't come back and I would lose touch with everyone. There's nothing comparable to a forum like this in my mind, other social media just doesn't scratch the same itch for me. So thank goodness a special someone introduced me to this site XD

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
I found some quotes and photos from the mini SHE reunion at Ella's birthday celebration.

Which includes this little gem:

The pair also shared about the most memorable birthday surprise they had ever planned for Ella. “There was one year when we planned to gather a bunch of friends and surprise her at home during her day off, but that day, she was suffering from menstrual cramps!” they recalled with a laugh. “To be surprised while you are sick and yet you have to thank everyone, it must have been really difficult for the poor thing!”

Not as happy as I am! I was so sad when OH started dying. For a few times I was worried that it wouldn't come back and I would lose touch with everyone. There's nothing comparable to a forum like this in my mind, other social media just doesn't scratch the same itch for me. So thank goodness a special someone introduced me to this site XD

Ahah they never seem to surprise Ella at a good time!

I'm glad (special someone? ? ) they introduced you to the site then :) It's really so nice to see everyone here for real!

hess

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,860
Yeah I don't think there's any that fits :/ I made one for Hebe to test how it could go though - but I follow S & E less closely so I don't know if I could do the same for them re. solo careers, especially Selina :/

lmk any feedback!
I'm apparently a dropbox dummy. How come this link doesn't open the video for me? First it made me sign in, which by a miracle I managed to remember my old account from 5+ years ago. So now that I'm signed in and I click the link it just brings me to the home page of my account. I tried copy pasting the link into a new tab too but that loads the same page.

It's only right that my first post on H+ be in the SHE thread hehe.

Seeing so many familiar names around here, it already feels like home!
Lightnigggggg!!! ?? I tried to post a message onto the OH thread to let you know about this site. First I had to get a mod to refresh so the thread would start a new page, and it finally loaded. Then OH has been down ever since lollllll.

Ugh, I posted a lot of thoughts about the dating show. Hopefully OH comes back alive and I'll just copy paste the comment over haha.

Btw the Golden Melody rumored reunion, Ella has said they'll probably be in attendance! In vid below. She was also playing all coy with the reporters about if they're gonna perform or not ?. Starting 0:55

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
Goo
I'm apparently a dropbox dummy. How come this link doesn't open the video for me? First it made me sign in, which by a miracle I managed to remember my old account from 5+ years ago. So now that I'm signed in and I click the link it just brings me to the home page of my account. I tried copy pasting the link into a new tab too but that loads the same page.

Lightnigggggg!!! ?? I tried to post a message onto the OH thread to let you know about this site. First I had to get a mod to refresh so the thread would start a new page, and it finally loaded. Then OH has been down ever since lollllll.

Ugh, I posted a lot of thoughts about the dating show. Hopefully OH comes back alive and I'll just copy paste the comment over haha.

Btw the Golden Melody rumored reunion, Ella has said they'll probably be in attendance! In vid below. She was also playing all coy with the reporters about if they're gonna perform or not ?. Starting 0:55

goodness i'm the dropbox dummy the link does the same for me
try this? You'll have to open with quicktime player though

ooh hess!! are you the someone special then ? it's amazing you thought to do that!! I keep getting the loading page for OH, so I couldn't see your dating show comments ):

I think they'll show up for sure!! I hope they finally win again at the GMAs, the GMAs always do them dirty :sadpepe: I'll confess I don't like seventeen as a song, though the MV sure won me over.

Lightning

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,825

I saw your post just in time, I really appreciate it!

I did read your dating show comments before it went offline, I can't remember everything but I did agree with your sentiment.
Overall I think it was a positive thing for everyone.

Goo

ooh hess!! are you the someone special then ? it's amazing you thought to do that!! I keep getting the loading page for OH, so I couldn't see your dating show comments ):

I think they'll show up for sure!! I hope they finally win again at the GMAs, the GMAs always do them dirty :sadpepe: I'll confess I don't like seventeen as a song, though the MV sure won me over.

Yes, it was Hess. I was trying to be mysterious hehe.

I don't know if you have the same feeling but I feel like SHE had more chance of winning GMA awards in the past when the judging skewed more mainstream. Now it tends to be more like the Oscars and award more quirky or at least less 'pop' music style artists.

hess

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,860
Goo

I did read your dating show comments before it went offline, I can't remember everything but I did agree with your sentiment.

I don't know if you have the same feeling but I feel like SHE had more chance of winning GMA awards in the past when the judging skewed more mainstream. Now it tends to be more like the Oscars and award more quirky or at least less 'pop' music style artists.
You really pulled the mysterious off hahaha, I didn't want to assume it might have been me ?. Actually right after I successfully posted I realized, a mod basically just helped me to advertise a competitor forum. Felt a little bad since a bunch over there are still putting in a lot of work and haven't given up hope on the site. Buuuuut, so so glad the message worked and you made it here! I 100% get where you're coming from. I briefly considered just sticking to twitter/googling/yt for updates since I didn't want to join a random new forum or the crap that is akp. But it just wouldn't be the same without people to talk and spazz with.

I honestly haven't follow any past GMA history so I can't speak to how likely they are to win an award. But without any knowledge I felt some positive hope because it's such a big honor they're giving to GMA to reunite and potentially perform together again in such a while on the award show. But yeah I don't know anything. I'm just ecstatic anytime we get to see all 3 together hah. As far as the song 17, agree with grainy. Tbh the song itself I wouldn't have fallen for. But the MV was great, and the bts of it was even better.

Grainy, watch the show!!!! ? Your bias Hebe was even hooked on it.
A general summary of the post I made was basically that my emotions got pulled all over the place which I was not at all expecting when I first met the guy she got paired with. And it was really difficult to discern how much they were genuine with the emotions they showed. Normally these type of dating or marriage reality shows I feel like that line of reality/drama doesn't get blurred for me, but I had a lot of thoughts while watching trying to figure out how much is real or fake. Regardless, even if no one developed feelings, I think it was still a positive experience overall for Selina. She seemed to experience genuine happiness during recordings and it seemed to help her get that next step closer to being back in the dating world.

Thoughts on the vid- which worked yay!
Dannnnng grainy, I applaud your dedication! I was not expecting such a detailed and in depth vid! Must have taken a lot of time to figure out what points you want to bring up, find all the clips, PLUS translate! I don't want to clog up the thread, so I'll message you~

Last edited:

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
I honestly haven't follow any past GMA history so I can't speak to how likely they are to win an award. But without any knowledge I felt some positive hope because it's such a big honor they're giving to GMA to reunite and potentially perform together again in such a while on the award show. But yeah I don't know anything. I'm just ecstatic anytime we get to see all 3 together hah. As far as the song 17, agree with grainy. Tbh the song itself I wouldn't have fallen for. But the MV was great, and the bts of it was even better.

A general summary of the post I made was basically that my emotions got pulled all over the place which I was not at all expecting when I first met the guy she got paired with. And it was really difficult to discern how much they were genuine with the emotions they showed. Normally these type of dating or marriage reality shows I feel like that line of reality/drama doesn't get blurred for me, but I had a lot of thoughts while watching trying to figure out how much is real or fake. Regardless, even if no one developed feelings, I think it was still a positive experience overall for Selina. She seemed to experience genuine happiness during recordings and it seemed to help her get that next step closer to being back in the dating world.

Dannnnng grainy, I applaud your dedication! I was not expecting such a detailed and in depth vid! Must have taken a lot of time to figure out what points you want to bring up, find all the clips, PLUS translate! I don't want to clog up the thread, so I'll message you~

Wewww good job hess!! you have completed the circle ahah

They won GMAs once in 2002, never won it again despite always getting noms, Hebe has multiple noms every time she releases an album but never wins, for the To Hebe album a controversy arose because one of the judges said she used too much vocal editing, for one norm they lost to Da Zui Ba because they lost out on "future potential", they reunited after selina's injury on GMAs and that year hebe got nommed for 7 awards (i think) but no wins, etcetc

Soooo I have zero hope to be real! Still looking forward to them being together again!! I hope Selina's bounced back from her vocal issues too!!

Oh yes i haven't caught up on it yet, I shall asap! You do make it sound worth it :eek: Also that's not a dealmaker ahah, my bias hebe is a sucker for anything selina does ?

I read your comments & replied hess! :)

Btw to ask all of you here including @abra - do you guys want an S.H.E award/badge?

Personally i'm pretty low tech low detail so i'm not too fussed haha. But we can apply for one if you guys would like one!

hess

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,860
@grainy
That's true. Okay, now I don't have any expectations for them to win. Butttt, still holding out some hope to see them perform 17 together!

Hahahahaha, such a valid point. Hebe is really just a sucker for anything Selina.

If anyone wants to join discussion on the vids or help out, I can add you to the convo~

And I'd totally be down for an S.H.E badge again!

Lightning

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,825
You really pulled the mysterious off hahaha, I didn't want to assume it might have been me ?. Actually right after I successfully posted I realized, a mod basically just helped me to advertise a competitor forum. Felt a little bad since a bunch over there are still putting in a lot of work and haven't given up hope on the site. Buuuuut, so so glad the message worked and you made it here! I 100% get where you're coming from. I briefly considered just sticking to twitter/googling/yt for updates since I didn't want to join a random new forum or the crap that is akp. But it just wouldn't be the same without people to talk and spazz with.

Don't feel bad, you make it sound like corporate espionage lol. The alternative of not seeing your post and it not coming back online would have been much worse for me. My sentiments exactly! The community is all part of the fun and the enjoyment of sharing and discussing an interest with you and everyone else is really something I appreciate. Even more so now after almost losing it.

Speaking of which, for me something I didn't mention which your summary reminded me of was how good the show seemed to be for Selina mentally. There was a real progression, even if it was partly for the cameras, she was still in new situations and having to discuss things she normally wouldn't. I think it will really benefit her going forward after all the difficulties she's experienced. Just opening up and coming out of her shell more emotionally is a really nice thing to see.

Wewww good job hess!! you have completed the circle ahah

They won GMAs once in 2002, never won it again despite always getting noms, Hebe has multiple noms every time she releases an album but never wins, for the To Hebe album a controversy arose because one of the judges said she used too much vocal editing, for one norm they lost to Da Zui Ba because they lost out on "future potential", they reunited after selina's injury on GMAs and that year hebe got nommed for 7 awards (i think) but no wins, etcetc

Soooo I have zero hope to be real! Still looking forward to them being together again!! I hope Selina's bounced back from her vocal issues too!!

Oh yes i haven't caught up on it yet, I shall asap! You do make it sound worth it :eek: Also that's not a dealmaker ahah, my bias hebe is a sucker for anything selina does ?

I read your comments & replied hess! :)

Btw to ask all of you here including @abra - do you guys want an S.H.E award/badge?

Personally i'm pretty low tech low detail so i'm not too fussed haha. But we can apply for one if you guys would like one!

I don't have much hope for any award wins but even being nominated is something to cheer. Whether it's as a group or for their solo work, it still shows a level of appreciation from within their industry. Actual winning comes down to so many factors, like music trends, obviously judges opinions and even backstage politics so that's a different story and too complicated to worry about, for me anyway.

I think you are asking the wrong crowd about the badge hehe, just having one available is a positive thing imo.

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
@BlueNose @abra @hess @Lightning

We'll need you guys to support the badge too :p

Last edited:

hess

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,860
Don't feel bad, you make it sound like corporate espionage lol. The alternative of not seeing your post and it not coming back online would have been much worse for me. My sentiments exactly! The community is all part of the fun and the enjoyment of sharing and discussing an interest with you and everyone else is really something I appreciate. Even more so now after almost losing it.

Speaking of which, for me something I didn't mention which your summary reminded me of was how good the show seemed to be for Selina mentally. There was a real progression, even if it was partly for the cameras, she was still in new situations and having to discuss things she normally wouldn't. I think it will really benefit her going forward after all the difficulties she's experienced. Just opening up and coming out of her shell more emotionally is a really nice thing to see.
Absolutely, still better in the end heh.
Yes! It really seemed to mean a lot to her in terms of her personal development. She really seemed genuine and vulnerable. Absolutely impossible that it was just acting like for a tv drama for her, otherwise her solo career should have centered so much more on acting.

Top Bottom