SCANDAL the biggest girl band in japan! | 17 years with SCANDAL! | 11th album "LUMINOUS" released today!

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
interview of haruna with Masafumi Gotoh (ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION)

from scandal heaven:

Masafumi Gotoh's INU COMMUNICATION - Lady is perfection

PONW3pi.jpg

The dog we'll be featuring this time is a minature dachschund named Lady. She's a young female dog only half a year old, and her owner is HARUNA, the vocalist and guitarist of the rock band SCANDAL.

HARUNA-san and Lady arrived a few minutes later.

ikgZoKT.jpg

Lady was a very calm dog. She wasn't scared nor did she get riled up as she sat next to me, and it felt like she was leisurely emitting indescribably happy vibes from her entire body.

I felt like my spirit was being hydrated in an instant. The manuscript this time was so cute that I thought it was enough to just write "cute" with the fattest font.

heard that HARUNA had previously not liked dogs that much.

Her grandmother who lived with her loved dogs and had a Shih Tzu and a pomeranian. However, it seems that the spoiled dogs grew up having haughty personalities and had even bitten her. She sympathized with me, who had been bitten by a Mame Shiba Inu before.

Still, HARUNA-san suddenly wanted to get a miniature dachschund and came across Lady by chance at a pet shop she stopped by. She had no choice but to take her home with her. It's like a story out of a drama.

agVxQlf.jpg

Since SCANDAL is a band that tours overseas as well, there are lengthy periods when she's away from home. Who takes care of her dog during those times? When I wasn't sure if she could answer such frank questions, I was surprised that the editorial staff was asking questions like, "Do you live alone?", or, "Would you have someone take care of her?"

When you write the word "Pia" (ぴあ), the hiragana gives off a pop-like feeling. When you read it aloud, you get the impression of a soft, harmless small animal calling out. It feels as if you would inadvertently talk about your personal matters, but they are part of the mass media. You could even sell the information by adding something like a P-code.

I thought it was terrible.

The conversation ended as I felt overwhelmed and worried about all forms of private matters would be laid bare in this dog serialization series. I felt like she'd say something like, "I leave her at a pet hotel." For other questions, I felt as though I'd hear extreme things like, "It's impossible now for me to deal with people more high maintenance than Lady."

But when you have a dog as cute as this, would you even want to leave it and go on a lengthy tour? I don't even like dogs that much, but I think it might be tough for me as well.

Rock band tours are tough. If you have any worries about your dog, your mental state will undoubtably be all messed up.

Firstly, you probably don't want to go on tour while being separated from your dog.

However, you must play concerts in various places in order to make a living, and to promote your albums.

You leave the house feeling down, your spirit starts slipping downward as you reach the nearest station, and by the time you get on the Yamanote Line in the morning with a guitar case on your back, your spirit hangs down from the hem of your pants to the ground. You get stepped on by the passengers on the packed train, and as you get off at Shinagawa Station you change to the Keikyu Line while having to listen to tongue clicking close to your ears. By the time you arrive at Haneda Airport, your spirit will be far from billowing udon and will be more like shredded cloth. You're in despair before boarding the plane feeling like that, you throw your guitar at the airport staff, head back home via taxi, hug your dog, and cry loudly. Only then can your mind and body be restored. From that point on you live not as a musician but as a dog owner. You'll have trouble eating, but that can't be helped. Indeed.

Wouldn't you retire?

I thought that was a sad thing.

b2qHq3v.jpg

HARUNA-san is not a mentally weak owner like me, so she should be able to leave Lady at a proper place; entertain audiences around the world; have celebrations; and so on, as well as moderately taking care of her body and completing concert tours. Then, she'll return home and embrace Lady, which should revitalize her dried out spirit while on tour.

I thought that was a wonderful thing.

I too kind of want a dog now. However, just like I failed a simulation, it would be impossible for me, who takes sloppy care of themselves physically and mentally year-round, to do.

The road to getting along with dogs is steep.

kifvCa8.jpg

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
【Blog Update】「Lady]
Theme:RINA

We did interviews yesterday.
The four of us are off to an energetic start this year too!

Some lovely articles will be posted in the beginning of the year.
HARUNA and her dog Lady made an appearance
In a serialization written by Gotch from ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION
On Pia's app.

Lady's first media appearance was extravagant◎

I too read it right away
So charming, both Lady and the article

The friendly, clever, mischievous Lady
Certainly does heal the mind and body of musicians
Who go all over the place. So warm and fluffy.

There's exactly one month left
Until the album's flying get day*〜!

RINA」

80790033_786505665194087_4216768010647111419_n.jpg

82311105_231007137902074_2190113883007340512_n.jpg

79525769_1220076524868181_2448605709499692024_n.jpg

80898904_113242626673446_8855335043102932644_n.jpg

⠀★Credits to SCANDAL HEAVEN

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
AjY7crR.jpg

The new Feedback! items
Are both at the shop in Shibuya as well as online!

We also came out with some beautifully made outerwear that can be used for a long time?!

Basically everything is unisex
And can be worn by both men and women

We hired models
For the 2019AW collection
And I think it got easier
To see what it looks like when men wear the clothing

We hope you enjoy
Incorporating clothes made by musicians
Along with music.

"I feel a little more excited when I wear this?"
Is what I hope you'll feel like...?

A portion of items are now on sale,
So check them out before they're gone!

RINA

Credits to
SCANDAL HEAVEN
s43r3uS.jpg

We're steadily making all kinds of things

Such as setlists, staging, outfits, and merch
For our world tour that starts in March.

We hope that you'll be able to enjoy so many things
And feel excited and all tingly.
All so that we can go even further on our next tour.

Today,
I went to do some personal training.

GoNbR5B.jpg

I want to play more beautifully, gorgeously, and strongly

Instruments that don't use electricity
Really are all about your mind and body.
If I feel like it,
Maybe I'll post about my training on social media
I'll work hard?

Well then,
There's less than a month left until our album is out.
The result of us wanting to do something
That would be most fun delivery method
Will be us holding
One-day manager events to commemoration the album's release!!

We'll be going around to a bunch of places?!
We want to make it a wonderful time for all
Please come out and see us!

RINA

Credits to
SCANDAL HEAVEN
F3YeW0G.jpg

We did a radio recording for J-WAVE!

It's been a little bit
Since the four of us did a radio appearance together
So it was super fun?

We talked about all sorts of things in depth
Like delving into each of our musical journeys
And talking about when we were producing the album.

It'll be aired next month over the course of four weeks,
So please look forward to more info about it...!

09nl6lX.jpg

8GSehHF.jpg

Also,
We added more overseas dates
To our world tour.

varfTVo.jpg

Our beloved Europe.
This time we'll be going to Paris, London, and Berlin.
Watch over us in Japan, okay.

We still have more overseas dates that'll be added.

The 7-Eleven presale for the Japan performances
Have begun, so check it out while you can!

This year will truly be a year of touring!

RINA

Credits to SCANDAL HEAVEN
Thanks to everyone

Who watched J-MELO
This morning?!

hymgp2i.jpg

S7IsW74.jpg

0FyFRAe.jpg

They aired HARUNA&TOMOMI on location in Kobe,
And two songs performed in the studio?!

You can also watch it on demand,
So those who missed it, check it out here?

That's right;
By doing world tours,
There are people [in Japan] who ask us,
"Should I refrain
From going overseas from Japan?"
In our case
There are no particular restrictions

It's also like this in Japan,
But the atmosphere in each country is completely different and interesting overseas as well?

Thank you for thinking about
Even the smaller little details?!
We'll make it a great tour?!

5dk6XpF.jpg

kbGvwXw.jpg

Today,
Rain mixed with snow fell in Tokyo as well,
And it was so cold that it took courage to go outside?

Take care of yourselves
And have a good weekend?!

RINA

kPGVkL8.jpg

As of today,

"FLYING POSTMAN"
Is out! We're on the front cover?!
There's a meaty interview in it as well,
So please check it out.

6t5yVrb.jpg

I'm back at home from individual practice?
Good work this Monday, everyone?!

RINA

54y6EEi.jpg

On Wednesdays, SCANDAL
Has their weekly studio rehearsals & meeting

It's a very fixed part of our schedule
And is an aspect of our job that we have to do,
But because we have this day,
It doesn't feel as if we're losing a day of the week◎

Ah, that's right!
We will be doing
MANIA-member only meet & greets
On our world tour (Japan performances) that starts in March! Yay〜!

After the show,
Those who win will be invited to the dressing room.
Let's speak to each other directly
And have a fun time〜!

Applications are open〜

We're also thinking up some fun things
For our mobile club "CLUB SCANDAL" too〜

Those in our fan clubs, thanks for your continued support!

RINA」

★Credits to
SCANDAL HEAVEN
so many blogs yet they all are from just the past few days :doge:

Rina and Haruna appeared on LiSA show Roomic

Behind the scenes of A.M.D.K.J

all world tour dates announced until now

varfTVo.jpg

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
2 promos for "Kiss From The Darkness"

interview

SCANDAL - What are they excited for in 2020, a year after establishing their new label?

sFChGTe.jpg

Singapore fans have a lot of freedom to create a space to enjoy music

HARUNA:
We put together a setlist with songs unique to C3AFA. Although we played plenty of anime-related songs, the excitement in particular for "Shunkan Sentimental," an ending song for the anime "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood," was insane. We asked everyone to sing the chorus, and it was perfect.

TOMOMI: We also got everyone excited with our new song that we still hadn't played in Japan. I'm looking forward to coming back to Singapore in May on our world tour.

MAMI: It feels like there were tons of anime song lovers, of course, and those who love Japanese bands and the music itself. Singapore fans have a lot of freedom to create a space to enjoy our music. The ability to be able to have fun in your own way is awesome to have, and compared to a few years ago, it feels like the way [the fans] get excited is gradually evolving.

RINA: We were looking forward to getting to play in Singapore, so I'm really glad we were able to do so. I'm sure there were many people who saw us live for the first time, and we'd be happy if they took this opportunity they had today to come out to the [upcoming] solo show of ours here, or see us in Japan.

Q- Did you get to enjoy the sights and food in Singapore?

TOMOMI:
Before our show, we all...

HARUNA: Went to Gardens by the Bay.

RINA: Although we've been to Singapore a bunch of times, we still hadn't been able to go there.

MAMI: So far, we went to go eat chili crab and also got to eat chicken rice.

TOMOMI: We were so impressed! Also, we might be able to go eat somewhere after the show? I'm looking forward to that.

Look forward to SCANDAL's second phase.

hbhVrR9.jpg

Q- Please tell us what's appealing about this event.

RINA:
C3AFA isn't just about concerts, and what's characteristic about it is that you can also enjoy the exhibitors. Another thing that's appealing is that there's a continuous combination of artists that you don't really get to see together in Japan. We often play our solo shows [in Singapore] in venues that are half outdoors, but squalls are also a natural staging unique to Singapore. The view at night on the way back is the best.

TOMOMI: The local fans convey their love for our work, almost equal to our fans in Japan. It's a place where people like that have fun above all else.

MAMI: Those in Singapore really know our stuff—not just the new stuff, but the old stuff too. For example, although "GeGeGe no Kitaro" is an anime that we've been familiar with since we were kids, the locals here are just as familiar with it as we are, which makes us happy. There's a lot of things you can learn about for the first time at C3AFA, and I think it's also a place where you can learn about Japanese anime.

RINA: HARUNA and I went to see the booths being set up during rehearsals yesterday, and we had fun just by walking around. We were surprised to see a butler cafe while we were on a business trip, and when we saw the drink menu and noticed that boba's popular here too, it made us happy to find something in common with Japan.

Q- Lastly, please share a message for your fans.

MAMI:
A year after starting our new label, we will be releasing our new album Kiss from the darkness in February 2020. We were able to convert our ways of living into songs, and we'd like everyone to enjoy SCANDAL's second phase. We hope to continue to keep sending out Japanese culture via events like this. I feel that we have good, inseparable bond with anime.

RINA: We've been able to continuously make music for 13 years without stopping once, and I think that it started in our indie days when audiences at our overseas shows liked our style. We too very much cherish our shows overseas, and we hope that'll never change. We'd like to convert what we've gained overseas into music and give it back to Japan as well. Please enjoy our various activities going forward too!

HARUNA: We really challenged ourselves sound-wise and lyrics-wise for Kiss from the darkness, our first album that'll be released via our new label. We take pleasure in being able to challenge ourselves to new things even after doing this for 13 years, and you should be able to notice that we still have so many things to do. We made this album while thinking of how we want to support those who listen to us. We want to come back even more cool after playing shows in Japan and overseas on our world tour.

TOMOMI: We do a world tour when we release an album, and every time we perform around the world, I feel that my understanding of each song deepens. That's something huge for me. The songs that we perform when play around the world and then go back to Japan, grow steadily. It makes it fun to tour every time.

hiDL7p0.jpg

IhcgAaA.jpg

Cj5yde8.jpg

Z2dvZxe.jpg

HbIOGsv.jpg

VOpLmPV.jpg

tu2A85h.jpg

src: scandal-heaven

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
"Kiss from the darkness" goes out next week

84351956_1519629371523914_3311765968182523482_n.jpg

82915618_171730557572793_1324919119656987797_n.jpg

82003610_258855995084197_7710544824932121932_n.jpg

84893213_497722500888655_782919290277489087_n.jpg

81455382_935842113476400_3351375298051912928_n.jpg

the second issue of "her" (scandal's magazine) is going to be bundled with the special edition

81913246_1256123671443190_5152136575046365664_n.jpg

82718690_2437992236451954_304435823059761060_n.jpg

SCANDAL J-MELO performances

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
"her" Magazine: What is "her"? Interview - Part 2

9P0irFS.jpg

Koyanagi: You could say that you thought long and hard about yourselves in 2018. Do you feel like you can see what's on the outside now?

RINA: Yes, that too. Since we're doing this as four women, we feared that that many people would not understand unless we sharpened ourselves up more than necessary. After being liberated from that, we began thinking that classic melodies and straightforward lyrics are really cool. That makes us happy. We don't need to play songs like that—we want to play them. We're able to write lyrics that are completely different from before.

HARUNA: We still feel that way now.

MAMI: When songs that are like part 2 of our past songs are born, it's not about going beyond things like, "We need to include a phrase with more impact here," or, "We need to start it off like this," and not that we can only see part 1. It was around the end of the year that we decided to get rid of that and just make them sounding like a band. After that, the four of us agreed that we started to be able to create songs that we could say are good. It feels like we're brand new. We're able to make things that we like. That sense of security is such a big thing for us.

Koyanagi: So, it's like you were moving houses and were like, "Onto the next place!" (laughs)

TOMOMI:
Essentially (laughs).

MAMI: Although we didn't have anything clear-cut, we thought a lot about who we are. We didn't need to put it into words; everyone could tell from the ambience. It was overflowing.

Koyanagi: The four of you say "It's always so much fun," but I think you guys really were in a crisis. Your excitement goes down, and if you think you're in a crisis, that is how it'll seem.

HARUNA:
Yeah, I think it was a crisis. We might have still been in a crisis if we didn't talk about creating a label.

TOMOMI: And now we can't think of any other way we could do things.

HARUNA: We forcibly created [our label]. We might have been going about things in an uncomprehensible way.

Koyanagi: The name of your label is "her." Could you explain the name?

RINA:
It's our own theme. When we thought about we as a rock band—and with the four of us being women—continuing on for a long time, we realized that there are many aspects of how men continue their bands, that don't fit with us. We really do love the things that we can do because we're women, and things that are girly—it's better that we embrace things like that. We wanted to have cool lives as women, which comes before being musicians. Recently, we've started talking about things like, "As an all-girl band...", and we had conversations every day about stuff like, "Maybe that's a little too mannish," or, "This can't be done unless you're a woman; how interesting." We came to think that that's our theme. "her" is a word that has various meanings depending on the words that precede and follow it. We thought that that word should be our theme from here on as well, including its degree of freedom.

Koyanagi: So it's a word that came up in your conversations. Were there any other candidates?

RINA:
There weren't, but our staff told us, "Please submit at least five choices" (laughs). When we looked up various company names as references, we thought there were a lot of simple and cool ones. In the end, we only submitted "her" (laughs).

Koyanagi: Hahaha. It's more about the theme than the label name. It was probably easier after raising that point.

MAMI:
Yes, we envisioned how things would turn out. I think the fans too were watching us and were wondering what would be waiting after HONEY, which we said was our greatest album. It was a big thing to be able to present our image beyond that.

HARUNA: We as women had to continue on. When you're in band, there are times when you must not forget that you're a woman. However, to reach 30 and continue after that, you enter into a time frame where you must get on with things no matter what while also being a woman. I was happy that I was able to affirm myself.

Koyanagi: I thought that was a stylish way of thinking.

TOMOMI:
That's the first time we've been told that (laughs).

Koyanagi: It's very chic.

MAMI:
Yeaaah. It's a little embarrassing to hear that (laughs).

Koyanagi: You can start to fight more flexibly.

MAMI:
It feels like we can head forward nimbly. Freedom is a word that has been important for us too. It feels exactly like we have the freedom to go anywhere.

Koyanagi: That's why the songs that have been born have also been different. You're doing what you're good at, but it feels like they were born in a completely different way. I dare say that they're "masterpieces" (laughs).

RINA:
(laughs) I went crazy with the lyrics. After we decided to use this melody since it was insanely good, I was worried about what lyrics to start it off with. In the first place, we don't like to sing too much about ourselves. However, it seemed unnatural to ignore what we've been doing for 10 years, and that we were about to kick off to a new start. So, at the studio the next day, I said, "We've avoided writing songs where we're the protagonist, but maybe we could do it at this point in time." Everyone said that that'd be great. That's why we were conscious of writing it as a song to kick off a new start.

MAMI: We thought that we should let the words "beginning," "newness," and "rebirth" come next. From the start it felt like it came together nicely.

HARUNA: We thought, "Is it still possible for us to feel like newcomers?" (laughs). It just felt embarrassingly fresh. But if we didn't do it now then we wouldn't be able to sing it, and it's because of our efforts that we scraped by and finally hit on lyrics that anyone could understand.

Koyanagi: Your singing is also straightforward.

HARUNA:
I feel like the song called to me. I was excited.

RINA: It really suits you.

HARUNA: Given how SCANDAL is currently, I didn't think that we would sing this melody with these lyrics. Although we've tried out lots of things and tried updating ourselves, this song brings us back to our roots. I didn't expect to be able to go back there.

MAMI: Yeah. We need to put a twist on it somewhere. I think it turned out to be a song that makes us go, "Oh!", even though we didn't make it like that. That's exactly what it means for SCANDAL, after 10 years, to make and sing our songs now.

HARUNA: By making this song, our subsequent production has become easier. It's better to write very easy-to-understand lyrics. People are listening even if we don't use metaphors or analogies, and we know what we want to convey. We were able to reach a point where we can keep continuing to create songs like this.

Koyanagi: It's nice to draw on a white canvas, is what you're saying. There are still so many things that are new to you even after 10 years.

RINA:
The rules we have for songwriting are decreasing. There are times when we leave something rough on purpose. Like, we do a mixture of "kimi" (you; typically less polite) and "anata" (you; typically more polite). It's like when watching a movie and a line aimed towards the audience suddenly pops up. It's possible to do a mix of tricks and reality in a movie, but it's more difficult to do in music. We wondered if we could appeal to people one-on-one with just one phrase. We never thought we would ever do that. If you use "kimi" once then you should use "kimi" throughout the whole song, but we thought we'd try taking on a new challenge. That's such a minute detail, though.

Koyanagi: That's wonderful.

RINA:
I think it's kind of fun.

MAMI: We've been experimenting with different ways of making songs, and since we're going through a number of stages, we have a lot of our own rules. But, we talk about whether to review things or not. This song was made when we talked about doing things freely. It's the first step.

Koyanagi: For example, even if there are mistakes, you're just like, "Let's just be fun and free." This side of SCANDAL is appealing.

MAMI:
Originally, the arrangement was completely different and I also put in some strings. It was leading up to the chorus. But, I wanted to do this song with the input of a third party. I couldn't make it completely different by myself. I think I was in a situation where I could only do a part 2 of the song. So, I left the arrangement to the staff we've been working with for a long time, and it turning into a song that was completely changed also means that SCANDAL as we are right now are progressing. It turned out to be a very satisfying song.

Koyanagi: "Mabataki," the other A-side song, is also another wonderful song. It's a very RINA-like song with each of its pieces filling in one by one.

HARUNA:
We were like, "Is okay to have everyone listen to an emotional song right after 'Masterpiece'?" (laughs)

RINA: We've written plenty of love songs that stays the course until the finish line, but we also wanted to write a song that starts and finishes vague. We finished it up with TOMOMI on main vocals for the first time in a while.

Koyanagi: In regards to vocals, why did you decide to go with that?

RINA:
We also tried doing vocals with all four of us once, but it felt a little too upbeat. So, we focued on TOMOMI's voice. All of us sing during the choruses.

Koyanagi: That's also another easy decision.

TOMOMI:
It was close to the beginning. We all sang it once. It felt puzzle-like as we were making it.

Koyanagi: With this private-like feeling and crown called "her," I think it makes it even more charming.

RINA:
We talked about how it's good to be charming and have music that fits everyday life and that has lived-in feel to it. It feels like we can now do girly songs that shake free from our preferences.

MAMI: We probably wouldn't have paired those before. After establishing "her," it now truly feels like we'll be putting out what we love, and what we want to do. If "her" didn't exist, we probably would have just put this song on an album, but that's the usual pattern we take anyway. Being able to change that is also because we have "her."

Koyanagi: The songs you'll make will continue to change, and I think you'll also be able to make classic J-Pop songs. Lastly, could you tell us your hopes and desires for your future activities?

RINA:
Let's see......

HARUNA: There are endless things to do...but I can't think of any at all right now (laughs).

RINA: We want to live cheerful lives while also living alongside music. We're not trying to make it seem like we're holding a festival called "her"; we want to live our lives as female musicians while releasing music from a place called "her."

MAMI: Releasing songs to the world and playing live shows won't change, but what will be changing completely are the delivery methods and our desire as SCANDAL to deliver them. At any rate, we're very happy that we're able to do this feeling very fresh. Everything is new again, so we want to have fun while feeling this freshness even more.

TOMOMI: It really does feel like we're newcomers redoing our major label debut. We'd love to appear at festivals again feeling like freshmen. It truly feels like everything's anew. We want to do this feeling as though we're starting from scratch.

MAMI: That's surprisingly stoic (laughs).

Koyanagi: You really do seem to be in a good, pleasant mode. I'll be looking forward to what's next as well.

All:
We'll do our best!

src: scandal-heaven

------------------------------

Haruna's individual interview

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
more dates for their world tour

83058250_811844979227004_9198229445267836463_n.jpg

not sure if this is all, iirc, mexico was part of the north american tour so is likely they are adding a south american leg to the tour,
past week in their j-melo interview they say the want to go to brazil and a while ago mami also spoke about wanting to go to russia,

so who knows

-----------------------------

Haruna & Tomomi visit Kobe city

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
SCANDAL doing an unboxing of "kiss from the darkness" (with subs)

83016277_605281863627388_5019580211218113448_n.jpg

EQBAp9qUYAAKxxb

84158273_176019240319110_8439578302978001965_n.jpg

i'm still waiting for haruna and mami pictures with the album

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
New Mv

work
Theme:RINA

I saw the news
About the Academy Awards,
And I immediately went to go watch
The movie 「Parasite」,
Which I hadn't had time to see before!

It is a must-see, as rumored,
And it felt like two hours went by in a flash.
It tackles social issues in South Korea,
And there were parts that hit hard even without words,
Using only facial expressions and reflections.
This director's original work is amazing,,,
I haven't really seen many South Korean movies,
But I'll take this chance to watch a bunch of them!

Also,
Another new interview article
Has been published.
wVHmZ8Q.jpg

In Townwork Magazine,
I talk about a bunch of stuff such as my outlook on work and life

When I was a student,
It felt uncomfortable
To call music "work,"
But little by little as I grew up,
A lot of my views changed.

I'd like students who are working their hardest at part-time jobs
And those who work everyday for themselves and/or their families
To read this.

Let's all do our best together!

RINA​

SCANDAL visiting music stores

EQe0-LLUYAA4asX

EQfGEUEUUAAF0Lb

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
the first date of Scandal's world tour is postponed because the spread of the coronavirus

the first concerts of the tour are in japan so depending of how the virus gets contained they may need to cancel more dates

dates outside japan remain unchanged (seems they aren't adding more)

ERa76IuVAAEyVKw

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
Billboard in english did a interview with SCANDAL

Japan's SCANDAL Talk New Label & Album, Being 'All-Girl Band': Interview

The all-female Japanese rock band SCANDAL released their ninth studio album, Kiss from the darkness, earlier in February, the first set recorded under their own private label established under Victor Entertainment, a long-standing rock label in Japan.

The four-member band was formed in 2006 in Osaka and debuted two years later. They founded their new label, called "her," in 2018 on their 10th anniversary, and share that recording the new album in their new environment last year was like "making music feeling really relaxed in our own atelier.

"The result is an album that the members say "embodies how we live as a band and as individuals," and also "redefines what 'all-girl bands' are." Japanese society is gradually shifting toward a more gender-free mindset in general, but the members of SCANDAL don't mind being called an "all-girl band."

"People come up to us and say, ‘You're not an 'all-girl band' anymore, you're a rock band,' and we find that so weird. Who says you can't play rock while also enjoying being women?"

SCANDAL kicks off a world tour promoting Kiss from the darkness in March, with 19 domestic concerts and 12 engagements abroad with more dates to be announced. The members -- HARUNA, RINA, TOMOMI and MAMI -- sat down with Billboard Japan and spoke about their new label, the concept of their new album, their thoughts on being called an "all-girl band," and more.

Tell us how your private record label "her" came about.

HARUNA: We celebrated the 10th anniversary of our debut in 2018, and were wondering what else we could do that would be exciting. We figured it might be really fun to create our own label and make new music like we were debuting again.

RINA: We wondered whether or not we should actually do it, though. Our team at our former label supported us for a decade and helped build SCANDAL's style with us. But we did feel as though we were able to complete one thing under that team, so we decided to move forward in a new environment so that we can take on various things in an experimental way.

It's been over a year since you founded your label. Have you noticed any concrete changes up to this point?

TOMOMI
: It felt like we were making music feeling really relaxed in our own atelier. I think the way we live our lives and our lifestyles are directly connected to our songs now. Of course we were always honest when tackling music in the past as well, but we used to think that our band's mission was to do songs that highlighted our brighter side, and wanted to play songs like that. But when you go through various things over the course of a decade, obviously there are days when you don't feel so upbeat. I feel that we're now able to make songs out of that kind of humanity that we have.

Did you have a concept for your new album from the beginning of your own label?

MAMI
: We started making the album without any particular concept. We came up with the title after all the songs came together.

What kind of album do you think Kiss from the darkness turned out to be, then?

MAMI
: I think it embodies how we live as a band and as individuals. In terms of our respective daily lives, and mentally as well.

TOMOMI: It shows our human side. It might be the first time we were able to include all kinds of emotions -- delight, anger, sorrow, pleasure.

Were there any songs on this album that were particularly challenging for you?

HARUNA
: I think "Saishuheiki, Kimi" is a challenge in terms of the type of song included on an album. It's a pretty wild song -- the kind that changes the scene, so to speak, at a concert when we perform it -- and we hoped people would sense that "something is different (with SCANDAL)" by releasing it as a single. It expresses our current modes and our feelings towards this album through sound.

SCANDAL has always been pretty clear about presenting itself as an "all-girl band." Why?

RINA
: We like being called an "all-girl band." People come up to us and say, "You're not an 'all-girl band' anymore, you're a rock band," and we find that so weird. Who says you can't play rock while also enjoying being women? It's one of our themes as a band. I wish more people would accept all-female bands in a more positive way.

Could you elaborate on what being an "all-girl band" means to you?

RINA
: It just means we're a band with women members. But we want to celebrate being women, and think that it's better to remain extremely positive about being framed or labeled in that way.

HARUNA: I think this new album redefines what "all-girl bands" are. We used to mostly present our positive sides in our previous works, but three out of four of us will be in our 30s this year, and for SCANDAL to keep being an "all-girl band," it'll become more important to show what each member is feeling as human beings. I think we were able to express some of that in all of the songs on this album.

SCANDAL performs outside of Japan almost every year. Not very many Japanese rock bands perform so many concerts abroad like you do. Why do you think your music is accepted by international audiences?

HARUNA
: I think that might have a lot to do with us being an "all-girl band." It's a part of J-pop culture. We noticed this after we began playing overseas a lot, but most countries don't have very many all-female bands.

Could you share your ambitions for this year?

RINA
: Improving what we currently do. And while we tour every year, we intend to show our audiences a different SCANDAL that they've never seen before this year.

SCANDAL World Tour International Dates

May 23: Seoul, South Korea - West Bridge Livehall
May 30: Singapore - The Coliseum, Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, Resorts World Sentosa
June 6: Manila, Philippines - New Frontier Theater
June 13: Bangkok, Thailand - Lido Connect (Hall 2)
June 21: Hong Kong - MacPherson Stadium
Sept. 4: Paris, France - YOYO - Palais de Tokyo
Sept. 6: London, U.K. - O2 Academy Islington
Sept. 9: Berlin, Germany - Musik & Frieden
Sept. 17: Anaheim, California - HOUSE OF BLUES
Sept. 19: Dallas, Texas - Canton Hall
Sept. 21: Atlanta, Georgia - The Masquerade
Sept. 23: Toronto, Canada- Queen Elizabeth Theater

----------------------------

to prevent the spread of coronavirus, the second date of the tour was also postponed

-------------------

SCANDAL are starting a podcast

GU0KZwl.jpg

SCANDAL is hosting a radio program〜!

We've set up a place
Where conversations between the four of us can be distributed! Yay〜

It'll be distributed via the app JFN PARK
And will be on Spotify as a podcast.

The program will be titled
『SCANDAL Catch up
supported by Meiji Apollo』

It'll start airing on
3/9 (Mon)21:00 JST〜
(22:00〜 on Spotify)

We recorded the first episode
Right away today◎

There was a mountain of Apollo chocolates in front of the mics〜!
A landscape of happiness

We're using "Catch up"
To mean "What's been going on lately?",
And this program
Is also a fun way
To exchange some recent silly conversations
While also having the laidbackness of dressing room-like talk...haha
We'd like to create it together with everyone,
So don't hesistate to send us
A topic you'd like us to talk about,
Or just any kind of message〜!

Chill out and listen to it
While eating Apollo chocolates〜︎
Wait for it by following us on Spotify!

We had tour rehearsals after that!

hsAUusQ.jpg

We're done prepping for now as of today!
We want to hurry up and complete it with all of you!

RINA

★Credits to SCANDAL HEAVEN

----------------

some videos from February

SCANDAL making a pizza

Rina and Tomomi instagram live

7net message

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325

since they had to cancel the first dates of the tour because the coronavirus, SCANDAL decided to gift fans a new Mv

Haruna:
I'm sure that all of the news recently—the sudden cancellation of things you were looking forward to, closures of schools, having to work from home—fills everyone with uneasiness.

It's times like these when I'd like to blast away these gloomy feelings by playing a live show—which is something that we cannot do right now. I feel so frustrated.

At any rate, I hope that everything is resolved as soon as possible. In order to do so, let's work on preventing infection together.

As we considered if there was a way we could cheer you guys up even a little, we decided to release a special movie today, the day when we would have been celebrating opening day of our tour together with our fans.

This is the song called "Tsuki" from our new album Kiss from the darkness.

We hope it'll help you regain a little bit of peace, and that it can "light up each and every day"!

Let's have a blast when our tour starts! This will, without a doubt, be our best tour ever! We're looking forward to seeing you soon!

Rina:
Today would have been the opening day of our tour,
A performance in Atsugi.

Although we cannot play live shows right now,
The number of things we can do right now are infinite

We made a special movie
For a precious song from our album!

We hope it cheers you up

(mami and tomomi haven't posted yet, when they do i'm going to update with them)

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
Scandal started their podcast "Catch up"

link on their spotify

is in japanese but scandal-heaven has been posting eps summaries/transcripts, but they are too long to post here

they are going to keep updating that as more episodes come out

---------------------------------------

they are going to play at Choushidoukan fes but without audience because of the coronavirus and instead is going to be live streaming on youtube

they are going to play either the 28th or 29th, i think they are going to put more info on that later

---------------------------------

haruna's new hair

89857483_214768399609428_8995203402140472487_n.jpg

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
they updated their tour calendar, all march shows are cancelled, 2 more dates added for may and international dates stay unchanged

ETrojYLUEAEK7rX

they may add or cancel more dates in the next weeks

--------------------------

mami changed her hairstyle again

90091288_537860090445036_2547262826187118627_n.jpg

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
Rina new hair

90710948_633158104145830_2133054806341853901_n.jpg

JupOBY3.jpg

she looks really good :omgwhat:

Rina blog #1 Spring

It's been a while since I blogged〜
I hope you're all doing well︎
The four of us are doing well as usual
These past few days I've been mostly spending time at home,
Taking it easier than normal
And watching movies and dramas, reading books, etc....
Each day is relaxing

g2dyiIf.jpg

Today,
We recorded for Catch-up.
Beautiful sakura are blooming
Close to the studio〜
They're such a cute, pale color

R8Zb9fS.jpg

Being able to start Catch-up
During this time period,
And having a place
Where we can send out our voices each week
Truly makes me happy.

Listen at whatever time's good for you

Ah, as for my hair,
I added in a light pink〜

naZpMAr.jpg

It's now a spring color︎

Rina blog #2 Vocals and clothes

We did vocal recording today
New songs are steadily being completed︎
This one's turning out really cool!

sLREaSD.jpg

We did vocal recording today
New songs are steadily being completed︎
This one's turning out really cool!

kbhc1ya.jpg

It's getting warmer little by little,
And I've been wearing this Feedback! sweatshirt quite often

hA1BOrI.jpg

The sleeves are wide,
And at the end of them
Is a delicate beige lace.

TcJprV4.jpg

The word "ESCAPE"
Is embroidered in the center on the front.
It's also cute to wear it
By zipping it up,
And it's also nice
To leave it open and show off any accessories.

rDHRTe1.jpg

We typically come out
With sweatshirts that are more casual,
But this is a unique design
That can show your femininity.

Feedback! items
Are currently on sale, so take this opportunity to pick some up︎

src: Scandal-heaven blog #1 / blog #2

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
Scandal are going to livestream their performance in Chosido fes the 28th/29th, they also shared the hour at different time zones

March 29 JP 1:00pm
LA 9:00pm(March 28)
MXCD10:00pm(March 28)
NY 12:00am
LONDON 4:00am
PARIS 5:00am
BANGKOK 11:00am
HONG KONG 12:00pm

is going to be streamed here:

scandal are the ones opening, they are going to play for more than a 1 hour too!

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,472,325
the asia part of their world tour is postponed until new notice

EUbRQ1sUYAM2N3n

【SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Update

First, we would like to appreciate all of our loyal fans for your constant support.

Due to the current situation involving the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and after deep consideration, we regretfully announce the postponement of the following 5 Asia shows:

May 23 – WEST BRIDGE LIVE HALL, Seoul
May 30 – The Coliseum, Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore
June 6 – New Frontier Theater, Manila
June 13 – Lido Connect (Hall 2), Bangkok
June 21 – MacPherson Stadium, Hong Kong

We sincerely apologize to all fans who were looking forward to the shows. We are currently working very closely with all parties involved to be able to safely hold this tour. Please do hold on to your tickets and keep an eye out for updates.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience. The safety of all fans and staffs are our top priorities.】

they also released a new version of Tsuki (moon) called Shingetsu (new moon)

Tsuki original version

Top Bottom