Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
b3a9a69e80d0416893c1a223bccf4f1b.jpeg

On the August 28 episode of Mnet’s “TMI News,” Apink’s Hayoung talked about how the group struggled due to continued death threats.

Apink was the target of death threats beginning in June 2017, when a man called the police stating that he would kill the members with a knife at their agency. The police were dispatched to the building and the members were sent back to their dorm. After that, Apink continued to be plagued by death threats, particularly about claimed bombs being planted at their event venues. The man behind the threats stated that he was doing this because he felt betrayed over a show in which Apink went on blind dates with male actor trainees. The man, who lives overseas, has still not been arrested.

On “TMI News,” Hayoung said, “We were practicing and the police suddenly came and told us. We were practicing so we hadn’t seen the report. At first I was really anxious and scared about going anywhere. If someone just came up close to me I thought I might be hurt. We went home and the members just sat completely still.”

She shared that as things got worse, their events were canceled and at music shows, the staff and people appearing all had to have their belongings inspected. “I felt so sorry,” she said. “We couldn’t leave the waiting room and whenever we saw people we’d apologize.”

“At first we were surprised but as time went on, we got angry about it,” she said. “More than anything, it’s unjust that they can’t catch him and we can’t receive an apology about it, and I’m angry. I think I’m the most angry about the fact that nothing can be done.”

VICTON’s Choi Byung Chan also appeared on the show as a guest, and he shared what he saw as Apink’s label mate. He said, “There were security guards and police officers, three of them, and whenever they went to the bathroom or went somewhere in the car, they were always with them. It made me realize that it had become very serious and possibly dangerous.”

Hayoung shared that as the topic of their death threats always followed the group around, she was glad to now have the opportunity to address it personally.

source

Sadly, I do feel that those threats affected Apink's momentum and their overall popularity. It certainly felt like they and their agency kept a low profile for a good while trying to deal with these stupid threats, and that the girls weren't able to give their all during that time.

I still don't understand how that stupid idiot is still running around free...in Canada if I'm not mistaken. I know there are jurisdictional issues, but death/bomb threats are illegal in most civilized countries. I don't know, maybe someone with more legal knowledge can explain, but the idiot needs to be locked up for good. And all over a dating reality show smh :NayeonDisgust:

Last edited:

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Why can't the korean police file a charge to this a-hole through the canadian police?

My thoughts exactly. At least officially charge him, and get his name out there, and drag him to court. The fact that he was laughing and taunting and daring them to find / charge him really pissed me off.

Joker

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭48,000
Interpol already arrested him like a year ago . Use google people come on.

Interpol is reported to be making progress on A Pink's bomb threat case.

Following the arrest of the person who made death threats against TWICE, fans were wondering about the perpetrator of the constant bomb threats against A Pink. According to reports on July 17, Interpol will be soon arresting the perpetrator, who's been discovered to be a Korean-American man in his early 30s living in Canada.

Since June of 2017, he's made over 10 death threats against A Pink. He's also called the police to events attended by A Pink on numerous occasions, falsely claiming there were bombs on location.

달fromisDal

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭119,250
I remember the constant death threats... A Pink was so worried and constantly apologizing to their fans even though it is not their fault

Top Bottom