aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

Vintaege

Cornucopia of useless informations
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,740
I'm not worried about dancing. I mean just look at 4th gen and make a list of top class dancers vs top class vocals (like Wendy, Chen, Taeil, Taeyeon level) you will get more dancers then vocals. So market lacks a strong vocal group or a group equally good with vocal and dance. So smngg can offer that. We only see performance focused groups mostly. And there isn't a single SM group with bad or below average vocal, it's SM trademark to have good vocal. If Plu really is a trainee I hope she is in the lineup. She's quite amazing. Having main vocal trio is an SM thing (Taetiseo, Chen-Baek-do, Taeil- Doyoung-Haechan) so I guess we will get it here too

dayeon_you

demian world domination
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,725
I have so many questions.

1. When did Hina leave exactly?
2. If with Koeun Lami and other ex trainees why she didn't open an ig before? Why we only know now she left?
3. If Hina left recently, is the lineup still not ready/only finalized recently?
to answer 1 and 2 she must've left recently since when koeun and lami left they got removed from the naver page but hina's name was still there

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400

2. If with Koeun Lami and other ex trainees why she didn't open an ig before? Why we only know now she left?
3. If Hina left recently, is the lineup still not ready/only finalized recently?
I'm inclined to believe she left fairly recently probably a month ago would be my guess, or at least after Koeun and Lami did, otherwise I think Koeun would have posted that group pic/Hina would have opened the account earlier. I think like 3-4 core members of the lineup have been ready since the first announcement: main vocal, visual, etc. But they kept switching/testing out other 'filler' members and making cuts. The first cut early this year w Koeun, Lami, Jungmin, etc. and the final cut recently eliminating Hina and confirming the final lineup w Jimin. The fact that Hina was cut means that either there is a dancer as good as her or that dance won't be as important for the group. That's just what makes sense to me though.

Last edited:

Shosho

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,300

For the last, I want to believe lineup is already finalised, considering that SM has announced that Jimin is debuting soon, if SMNGG were not debuting soon (or this year at all), then I don't see why would SM release an article about a trainee they have, when if lineup is not finalised, she could be cut.

I believe lineup was finalized at least 2 months ago, when SM again confirmed SMNGG is coming this year.

punknight

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭43,095
I certainly can't prove it, since the source is practically "he said, she said", but by all indications, Hina left SM in August.
But at the beginning of the year there were already rumors about her leaving, but people thought it was about Koeun, since she left first.
Yeah... I think she left around with Koeun and Lami or around August. Just because her name was in Naver's page unfortunately that doesn't mean anything. The date she created her Instagram also doesn't mean anything, she could have left months before and just now decided to open one.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
I certainly can't prove it, since the source is practically "he said, she said", but by all indications, Hina left SM in August.
But at the beginning of the year there were already rumors about her leaving, but people thought it was about Koeun, since she left first.
August makes the most sense to me personally, but we probably won't ever know unless she ends up debuting again or going on a show to talk about it -

Vintaege

Cornucopia of useless informations
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,740
I'm inclined to believe she left fairly recently probably a month ago would be my guess, or at least after Koeun and Lami did, otherwise I think Koeun would have posted that group pic/Hina would have opened the account earlier. I think like 3-4 core members of the lineup have been ready since the first announcement: main vocal, visual, etc. But they kept switching/testing out other 'filler' members and making cuts. The first cut early this year w Koeun, Lami, Jungmin, etc. and the final cut recently eliminating Hina and confirming the final lineup w Jimin. The fact that Hina was cut means that either there is a dancer as good as her or that dance won't be as important for the group. That's just what makes sense to me though.
Makes sense! I agree with you totally

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her

Okay let me have a good answering with guessing and rumours:

1. Personally I think she signed May 2012 because that month adds up with the fact she was at a SHINee concert when she was cast AND that's when SHINee were in her city. Assuming it's accurate that trainees regularly sign 2 year contracts, her contract would have expired in May this year.
2. For one thing, Hina's kinda introverted compared to the others? Maybe she wasn't ready yet. Also, KoLami are rumoured to have left even earlier than we knew. If that's true, they also didn't open accounts immediately.
3. Rumour time! I heard that they signed a debut contract with like... 11 girls? Who they are, I have no clue. But right now the number dropped and they added two more last month to the number. But then I also heard Hina didn't sign the artist contract with the others? If we assume she left in May... maybe it was after that when they finalised?

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
Okay let me have a good answering with guessing and rumours:

3. Rumour time! I heard that they signed a debut contract with like... 11 girls? Who they are, I have no clue. But right now the number dropped and they added two more last month to the number. But then I also heard Hina didn't sign the artist contract with the others? If we assume she left in May... maybe it was after that when they finalised?
So like it was 11-13 than it dropped to 6-7 when Hina and others left, than 2 new members to make 9-ish? Am I understanding right? or did it drop to around 9 and go back to 11?

Hara

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭434,975
I really hope we find something out about BBC girl soon. There’s so much mystery surrounding her! Assuming she’s a member, it’ll be fun to find out who she is once all is revealed

yes it's weird that we don't know who she is already seeing as kfans find out who yoo jimin was from a short dark scene with no close up when bbc girl had a close up in a bright room during a documentary and we don't know anything about her

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
So like it was 11-13 than it dropped to 6-7 when Hina and others left, than 2 new members to make 9-ish? Am I understanding right? or did it drop to around 9 and go back to 11?
That's how I'm understanding it too. I have no idea where the 11 number came from tbh but it'd add up with there being around 9 now

camille

MY | ningmeng Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,931
I forgot if someone talked about it here, but FNC's new boygroup is debuting with Sirens which was originally produced for SMNGG.

I wonder how much the song was changed. Like, if it is as similar as CLC's version for La Vie En Rose or if it has been changed a lot. Because based on the teaser, assuming that the song wasn't much changed and fit the concept SMNGG is going for, then we're definitely getting something girl crush. I think the song sounds like something NCT would release.

I really, really hope we're not getting girl crush but honestly everything is going towards that direction... I don't think that the market for cute / fun girlgroups is dead, Weeekly are doing (very ?) well and by no means they are girl / teen crush.

Yupuplover

Senpai Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,777,028
I forgot if someone talked about it here, but FNC's new boygroup is debuting with Sirens which was originally produced for SMNGG.

I wonder how much the song was changed. Like, if it is as similar as CLC's version for La Vie En Rose or if it has been changed a lot. Because based on the teaser, assuming that the song wasn't much changed and fit the concept SMNGG is going for, then we're definitely getting something girl crush. I think the song sounds like something NCT would release.

I really, really hope we're not getting girl crush but honestly everything is going towards that direction... I don't think that the market for cute / fun girlgroups is dead, Weeekly are doing (very ?) well and by no means they are girl / teen crush.

I think someone mentioned few pgs back. As I expected, SM changed the debut song which I guess is part of the reason for the debut delay?

Hara

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭434,975

I think someone mentioned few pgs back. As I expected, SM changed the debut song which I guess is part of the reason for the debut delay?

honestly the song could have been changed a lot from the original smngg concept i remember clc's la vie en rose giving a very different feel from the one that became izone's debut song so maybe it fit a different concept when it was for smngg. Also, i don't think that sm giving away siren means that the debut song was change recently because the leaked songs list it's from february and i don't think fnc's bg debut was rushed.

I too hope that we will get fun concept because teen crush and girl crush is basically everywhere so i would prefer something like pristin and weekly. If the "butterfly" concept (the teaser from the end of nct's mv and the pic from that director pinterest) is true it could match any type of concept so idk

Last edited:

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740

I imagine it changed quite a bit after being handed over to P1H. Even if they are debuting with a girl crush style concept (which I hope they aren't) girl crush is still very different from what is being teased and to NCT style songs like you mentioned

Hara

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭434,975
another thing is that i would die if this demo turned out to be smngg debut song because it sounds so good
but also it reminds me of red velvet (which i love too so i never really lose)

Top Bottom