The Girls Planet 999 Thread :: END

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭77,963
Mnet is panicking, I think that's why they showed us the interim rankings. I didn't expect, nobody, the rankings to change THAT much.

Xiaoting from 1st to 16th ?
Bahi and Myah top 9 ?
Chaehyun top 1 ?
From all K-girls, no Bora in the top 9, she really isn't people's pick, or they want her to return to CheBul
And from all non K-girls to be on top 9 it had to be Ruiqi, the least fav among Korean voters.

8K, 1C, 0J, what a mess. The 1 pick and Koreans vote having 50% of the values didn't help. No way this is going to be the final ranking, people, fandoms, etc will try to change their vote now. Friday is going to be chaos and drama.

I'll be happy for them but I don't think I'll be interested or supporting the group this way. At worst I expected a 5-2-2, but that 8-1-0 wow...

I think I even like more the group from 10th to 18th :sip:
It's a bit too late to change the interim ranking much, unless Koreans start voting for the C or J girls. So might as well go for 9K so it can be the next nation gg :doge:
They can do trot concept since it's very popular with the domestic audience.

Don't know whether any of the foreign trainees will continue to stay in Korea and try to sign to a Korean agency.

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭77,963

HXQ clearly not expecting to make the final group cause her interview answer is kinda weird, not a typical idol type answer? :wherearethelies:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭161,250
HXQ clearly not expecting to make the final group cause her interview answer is kinda weird, not a typical idol type answer? :wherearethelies:

Watching the show, XQ always had this "strange" vibe I don't know how to explain it. Not as weird as Hyunjin but it's similar. Like she doesn't care or she doesn't react like others.

She will remain as a weird but very pretty girl, and I like it. I don't think she'll debut but I'll try to follow her if possible. But if she debut she can be unpredictable and funny in her own way. :LOL:

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭77,963
Watching the show, XQ always had this "strange" vibe I don't know how to explain it. Not as weird as Hyunjin but it's similar. Like she doesn't care or she doesn't react like others.

She will remain as a weird but very pretty girl, and I like it. I don't think she'll debut but I'll try to follow her if possible. But if she debut she can be unpredictable and funny in her own way. :LOL:
If she debut, she might get similar criticisms like Shuhua if she's not careful

BianTwo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭161,250
If she debut, she might get similar criticisms like Shuhua if she's not careful

It's possible, since she's one of the "worst" C-girls in Korean. She had to mix Chinese, Korean and English many times. Thankfully Bora was here to help.
However, performance wise, it would not be for her vocals (unlike Shuhua) but for dance skills as she have shown to be either a slow learner (in best case) or had reached her limits.

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭77,963
It's possible, since she's one of the "worst" C-girls in Korean. She had to mix Chinese, Korean and English many times. Thankfully Bora was here to help.
However, performance wise, it would not be for her vocals (unlike Shuhua) but for dance skills as she have shown to be either a slow learner (in best case) or had reached her limits.
Actually I'm referring more to her attitude, she's a little too straightforward/blunt like Shuhua. It might be more common in Taiwanese or Chinese entertainment industry, but it's not common in Kpop. Maybe also a reason why C girls are easier to evil edit.

BianTwo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭161,250
Actually I'm referring more to her attitude, she's a little too straightforward/blunt like Shuhua. It might be more common in Taiwanese or Chinese entertainment industry, but it's not common in Kpop. Maybe also a reason why C girls are easier to evil edit.

I see, and I agree

As seen on GP999 the C-Girls were way more direct/blunt compared to K-Girls and especially J-Girls who were the most "passive". If you aren't familiar with the Chinese entertainment industry, like most K-pop fans, it could be shocking.

And yes, easier to evil edit. But to be honest without C-Girls this season would be different, maybe less dramatic/boring or with less evil edit ?

Moreover XQ isn't even the most direct among C-girls, she's in the shy/quiet side but even that was enough straightforward compared to other C/J girls.

BianTwo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭161,250
Finally GP999 ended, it was fun and a roller coaster of emotions. Regardless of the lineup we would had people not happy with and I understand.

Only one C-girls, I wish they had two. But the most hottest topic will be about Bahiyyih's second place and especially the way how she got there. I feel bad for her since she will get hate.
Dayeon would also get some hate since Mnet pushed her so hard. I hope they will get many supports.

Mnet tried new rules but it didn't go well. Korean votes had more weight than Global votes and when Mnet removed the limitation obviously people would vote more for K-Girls, from Koreans and international fans.

Yurina and Xiaoting were only filler votes because people had to vote for J and C girls, it's so sad.

I have a mixed feeling about this lineup but I will still follow. I still have to discover their songs and what they can show on vlive and on variety shows. However I had the same feeling after P48 and it ended well with IZONE so why not ?

I'm happy for Yujin and for Yeseo, they will finally experience some fame and recognition. Also Yeseo and Mashiro are from the same label. I have 6/9 girls from my pick, it's good.

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
Episode 12

Not a big fan of either of the last two songs. A little bit of drama during team picks and part distribution but felt like Mnet decided to gloss over it instead of dedicate a lot of time to it as they usually do. Probably just focusing more on the final group announcement. Don't know if the judges were more lenient or if Mnet just edited it out but it did feel like they were way less critic this last time around. I don't think they gave us enough footage to decide if we agree or not on who they picked as the main group and since this last mission had very little impact on the final voting it isn't a big deal either way.

The name of the final group isn't great imo, but that isn't a big deal.

I thought Another Dream performance sounded way too post processed. Maybe if they sounded more clear and natural the song would be better.

The girls telling stories about each other was a fun treat I wish we got more of that. Shana and Hikaru relationship is pretty funny and Shana is great at telling stories and making it fun.

A lot of touching and emotional moments with the girls messages to themselves and each other. Very sad moment when Wenzhe revealed her mother is dead. Poor girl must have been hard for her. Her father looks super loaded though. I wonder what he does for a living.

The rankings were a bit surprising but not very much. After they revealed the interim rankings at the youtube live I was expecting things to get shaken up. My prediction was very off on Yurina though. Even after the midway ranking I still expected her to make it. It's a shame. I was rooting for her but she is another reminder that it's better to peak late than early. We'll see what she does with her career from here on out. I don't think she is in trouble because she can do a lot of things. She can go for another company if she wants, she can go for acting in Japan, etc. She got enough fans imo and has the looks and talent to really pick whatever she wants to do. I also was expecting Ruiqi to make it. I kind of feel bad for the C-group girls. Didn't feel like Mnet gave them a fair chance. A lot of bad edits, and they just decided to ignore anything by them that wasn't controversial. I wonder if they will add trainees from Chinese companies on their next audition show, be it a revival of Produce series or whatever they come up to replace the male produce series. My Bahiyyih pick turned out to be accurate. I had a feeling in a 1 pick scenario a strong dedicated fanbase even if facing a lot of criticism would pull through and they did. I personally don't have a problem with it. It's the nature of public voting. But it does present possible problems with akgaes and fanwars. I hope everything settles down and people stop fighting eachother about petty stuff because in the end of the day it hurts both parties. If you truly care about whoever you are a fan of you stop fighting people that are fans of other people. I thought Shana would make it but that one wasn't as strong as the others. Youngeun was among the girls I thought were fighting for a spot so not too surprised she made it. A bit surprised how high she ranked at the end though. Good for her. It's nice to see a girl that constantly had top notch performance gain fans throughout the show. Xiaoting barely making it was very surprising for me. Along with Yurina I did not forsee then losing so many votes in the last and most important round. Imagining that this group could have ended up with no C-group trainees at all is very bizarre. Chaehyun ending up as nº1 is not that surprising because she always had a strong Korean voting number from the start. What gets me curious though is why she got so much support and the other former SM trainee in Jeongmin didn't. Anyhow having a dedicated fanbase once again shows it's importance. I did not believe Yeseo would make it either. She got a real big final push this last voting even getting ahead of Mashiro. I'm happy because she was one of the girls I voted for from the start because of her connection to Mashiro. Hikaru and Mashiro ranked lower than I expected. I thought they'd make it more confortably but Mashiro barely made it in. I would have been very sad had she not made it so I'm very happy she got enough votes. I also expected Yujin to make it and she did.

Suyeon and Myah got a bigger push than I expected ending 10th and 11th. Every time I expected Myah to get a big push she didn't and when I expected her to maintain status quo she got abig push lol. Surprised Yaning managed to squeak in a 12th place. I was sure her lack of Korean votes would drop her all the way to the bottom. Yurina at 14th is the biggest shocker for me. Ruiqi at 13th is mainly shocking because iot's behind Yaning which never happened before. Bora, Shana, Wenzhe and Xingqiao positions aren't that surprising. Maybe Shana being so low, but she felt like a dear to all not favorite to many.

I think that after what Mnet pulled on the Produce series they will always be doubted and deservedly so. I can see people being upset about the rank changes and the precipitous drop from the C-group girls. No matter what the results were in the end, if they stayed in line with the other voting periods or them changing a lot as they did people will be suspicious and that is the price you pay for deceiving people before. I have no idea if this result is legit or not. All I know is I won't give Mnet the benefit of the doubt. If there is even a faint inkling that they manipulated the results I want there to be a serious investigation and the executives be punished this time and not just the escape goat PDs.

This is probably my last Mnet audition show. It's just too tiring and Mnet hasn't changed even a single bit. They still don't treat the girls properly imo and just want the forced drama no matter what cost. I'm kind of happy Street Woman Fighter did so well so maybe they jump on that bandwagon and stop forcing drama on idol group audition shows, but I know they won't.

It is interesting to note who was and who wasn't present for the last episode from the eliminated girls. None of the Fanatics girls were there despite 2 being Korean. You Dayeon wasn't there. I also didn't see Yeun, Yubin, Hyerin or Seungeun. A lot of the J and C group girls are back in the countries they lived in so those missing isn't notable. But Dayeon after the backlash she got not being there is very sad. Also notable is Nancy being there despite being eliminated on the first round and living in Taiwan. Looks like all the Yuehua girls were there too. Yiman probably lives in Korea after graduating a Korean college so her being there seems normal. I think I saw Kanno Miyu too and I don't think she was part of a Korean company like Yume and Risako so it's interesting she is there.

I still follow girls from PD101 S1 that I liked and never got the chance to debut so I always wonder what the chances are for the girls that didn't make it to the final group. There is already a rumor that Suyeon might join Billlie, Mystic's announced new girl group. We'll see if it ends up being true. My guess is Mystic already had everything set up for a the 6 member final lineup hence why they announced it while GP99 was still airing, otherwise just wait a month before announcing it. If they planned on Suyeon being in the lineup from the start just waiting a month to see if she made it or not to Kep1er wouldn't hurt the debut plans and would avoid any silly fanwar that always happens when companies add unexpected girls after initial announcement.

FCENM is already doing some work. They gave Ririka a solo Vlive, signed Yujin that apparently left Cube, and Chang Ching that was with Yuehua before. We'll see who else they add and if they have any trainees that we don't know. Having followed several groups from small companies it's going to be an uphill battle for them to do well, but you never know when the next Gfriend or any other smaller company group will break through.

Blockberry Creative started an account to promote Sion, Yeyoung and Min too. They are in a very weird spot too with all the financial issues the company is having despite Loona doing well enough. We'll see how things turn out for them too.

Jeongmin and Myah are also another interesting group. Top Media never managed a girl group to my knowledge and they are the only known trainees. Myah got a lot of fans thanks to the show so they have a chance to do something but you have to have a good plan.

143 entertainment were teasing a lot of stuff with possibly signing girls in cryptic insta stories by the agency directors, but now that bothe Yeseo and Mashiro made it to the final group I wonder if they are going to pull the plug on it or try to push a group anyway with some of the eliminated girls.

Biscuit entertainment is also in a weird spot with Youngeun in the final group but Risako and Yume in kind of a limbo. Risako also is on the older side so they have to make a choice fast.

I wonder what Cai Bing does now. She is a tough spot having ended the show not in a great light and being on the older side of things.

Yuehua has a lot of trainees, and that isn't even counting the girls in China that didn't take part on this show. Xinwei got a lot of fans from this show so it's going to be interesting what happens to her. Chang Ching already left for FCENM, so I wonder if they already started moving the parts for something or if it was just Chang Ching alone that decided it was time.

Now that Xiaoting made it to the final group I also wonder what happens to Yizhou.

Cheukying was also one of the older girls, but without a company so what she does is more up in the air.

Nancy with FNC is also in a weird spot. They have to figure out what to do with Cherry Bullet and I don't know when their next gg will be. I don't expect Chaeyun to be in a group and just to continue acting.

Shihona with Jellyfish same deal as the biscuit girls. Dayeon is on the final group, we don't know anyone else that is a trainee there, and they didn't do a great job with Gugudan.

Yaning also on the older side. I don't know what Gramarie plans are.

The Jaywalk girls didn't get much attention except for Yale and she felt to me more like a soloist.

Shana is also in a weird spot. She got fans because of the show but MLD is a mess and we don't know any other trainees. They are due for a ngg and put out reports about it but nothing besides that that I know of.

Most of the other girls from J-group didn't have a company so it's going to be interesting to see what they decide to do. I'm sure some of them will get contacted by companies to see if they want to sign on as trainees. A few of them look like are already doing their own thing.

It's going to be interesting to see if anyone shows up on I-Land 2. I don't expect it because is way too soon but you never know.

A lot of stuff up in the air and some might never find ground.

I hope everyone leads a happy life no matter what they chose to do. It's really hard to debut and do well evidence by so many girls from PD101 who never debuted or girls that did debut but already disbanded. But as long as they are happy I think it's fine even if you fail. All the luck to everyone and hope that the final group does well. It was a wild tiring ride and we are finally done.

BianTwo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭161,250
Looks like things are calming down after a week

I'm looking forward for their vlive and variety contents

Top Bottom