The Official DreamCatcher / InSomnia Thread

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭87,100
Not surprised since there are fans who complained about paying for concert and watched the illegal streaming. But in this case, I think it’s not so much about the amount but rather the company trying to charge for something that was free before, which feels like a cash grab and not a good look.

The time of the showcase is also not good, so I don’t think the sales would do well either.

I feel bad for DCC and DC, I wonder if there’s any monetary penalty to pay MMT in their partner agreement. A little worried about DCC’s financial situation, I guess losing their English translator is an early sign of cost-cutting. D1CE latest comeback was also very clearly a budget production. Fans of HFE groups that are not DC should be very worried.
I see the comments around "oh well it's a SHOWCASE" but, it's still a show, they are streaming, via another company.
I assume now it's free, and the paid vip stuff isn't going ahead, the entire thing will just be a big money sink they didn't need.
The company isn't wealthy, they aren't some big 3 group, you steal from them or boycott them trying to make some money, DCC is gunna feel it.
Whatever, I'll get over it, just some people's attitude towards it really wound me up.
:HidePar:

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,813
I see the comments around "oh well it's a SHOWCASE" but, it's still a show, they are streaming, via another company.
I assume now it's free, and the paid vip stuff isn't going ahead, the entire thing will just be a big money sink they didn't need.
The company isn't wealthy, they aren't some big 3 group, you steal from them or boycott them trying to make some money, DCC is gunna feel it.
Whatever, I'll get over it, just some people's attitude towards it really wound me up.
:HidePar:
yeah, imo if i don't agree with it or cannot afford it, i just don't pay for it, it's not a big deal to skip the show. just watch the mv or cb stage. some naive fans probably think dcc is rich af because they sold 100k albums and tour many countries (although those are small scale tours and idk whether 100k is even profitable or not). actually i always wonder why dcc hasn't gone bankrupt yet, and who's laundering investing money in them lol

dcc should start patreon so i can subsidise siyeon's tteobokki and jiu's poke bowls.
they didn't do a photo book crowdfunding last year, so i'm expecting one this year.

-------

I read the Chinese translation of DCC's apology. DCC wanted to show the hard work DC and the staff have put in for the comeback preparation through the showcase. However, in actual it didn't go how they would like it to, looks like their plan did not meet Somnia's expectation.

Last edited:

Magus27

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭872,945
Handong will be doing a photoshoot for AirBnB which will be hosted in Chinese on Wednesday January 27th.

https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/2244588

8cca3802-335e-4b2f-a40a-e66ad3939a4b.jpeg

db353e33-1354-4c51-ae4f-d911dd6cdea0.jpeg

f67033ec-9392-40a9-8048-68f0f2895d57.jpeg

Hello everyone! For me and other K-pop idols, photography is the top priority in my daily life. Practice and preparation are essential to get the perfect photo. At the same time, it is very important to cooperate fully with the on-site photography director. So I want to invite you to participate in the live photography experience of K-pop idols and let you be there. You can learn about the entire process of idol photo shooting, even including all the "behind the scenes"! I will also share with you some tips on how to make you more photogenic, such as facial expressions, gestures, postures, etc. So you also want to join my experience, shoot with me and choose the "best selection" photo? Come and visit my photography works!

[pay attention]
-You need to be at least 18 years old to register and book on the Airbnb platform.
-You can reserve up to 2 seats per reservation. If you have reserved 2 seats, please fill in the email addresses and names of all participants on the reservation page. You can only participate in the online experience with the reserved email and name.
-If someone else uses the same email address and name to participate in the online experience, you will not be able to join the Zoom meeting room.
-Please do not share your Zoom link, Airbnb account ID and name with others.
-This booking is not transferable. If you cannot participate in the experience, you need to cancel the reservation.
-Please note that this experience is only conducted in Chinese.

Note it looks this is limited to 20 people....

Last edited:

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,813

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,813
Handong will be doing a photoshoot for AirBnB which will be hosted in Chinese on Wednesday January 27th.

https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/2244588

8cca3802-335e-4b2f-a40a-e66ad3939a4b.jpeg

db353e33-1354-4c51-ae4f-d911dd6cdea0.jpeg

f67033ec-9392-40a9-8048-68f0f2895d57.jpeg

Hello everyone! For me and other K-pop idols, photography is the top priority in my daily life. Practice and preparation are essential to get the perfect photo. At the same time, it is very important to cooperate fully with the on-site photography director. So I want to invite you to participate in the live photography experience of K-pop idols and let you be there. You can learn about the entire process of idol photo shooting, even including all the "behind the scenes"! I will also share with you some tips on how to make you more photogenic, such as facial expressions, gestures, postures, etc. So you also want to join my experience, shoot with me and choose the "best selection" photo? Come and visit my photography works!

[pay attention]
-You need to be at least 18 years old to register and book on the Airbnb platform.
-You can reserve up to 2 seats per reservation. If you have reserved 2 seats, please fill in the email addresses and names of all participants on the reservation page. You can only participate in the online experience with the reserved email and name.
-If someone else uses the same email address and name to participate in the online experience, you will not be able to join the Zoom meeting room.
-Please do not share your Zoom link, Airbnb account ID and name with others.
-This booking is not transferable. If you cannot participate in the experience, you need to cancel the reservation.
-Please note that this experience is only conducted in Chinese.

Note it looks this is limited to 20 people....
handong solo targeting the chinese market, must be the CFE connection.
look at china opportunities: attend store opening, solo single, female lead in an mv, airbnb sponsor

and handong is still helping to promote dc in her message
你好,我是Handong,新兴K-pop偶像团体Dreamcatcher的中国籍成员以及声乐担当。我来自武汉,最近在2020年10月发布了我的首张个人单曲 - 曙光。

Dreamcatcher是第一个融合摇滚和重金属作为音乐基础的K-pop女团。我们发布的新专辑销量屡次倍增,成长迅速。

我很激动能够分享我作为K-pop偶像的日常生活给到更多的人!

--
Hey everyone! My name is Handong, and I am a vocalist and Chinese member of the girl group Dreamcatcher.
We are the first girl group in K-Pop to incorporate both rock and heavy metal into our sound. With each release, we've seen quick uptick in sales which we attribute to this unique sound we have become known for.
I'm super excited to share this aspect of my daily life with you!

Magus27

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭872,945
love siyeon, but
EqD8AbxVgAE14m1

actually this top 100 list is invalid without jiu

work of art by picassua

maybe they didn't pay the internet bill, sua said she was using her LTE

Yeah, I don't know where this Top 100 list is coming from. It's not the TC Candler list like before. Including Yoohyeon and Siyeon, but not JiU is a crime.

If she was using LTE, that could explain the sound dropping, etc. if her connection was bad. There probably wasn't wireless where she was and the LTE reception probably wasn't that great either. Or it could be something silly like she accidentally turned off the wireless on the phone...

handong solo targeting the chinese market, must be the CFE connection.
look at china opportunities: attend store opening, solo single, female lead in an mv, airbnb sponsor

and handong is still helping to promote dc in her message
你好,我是Handong,新兴K-pop偶像团体Dreamcatcher的中国籍成员以及声乐担当。我来自武汉,最近在2020年10月发布了我的首张个人单曲 - 曙光。

Dreamcatcher是第一个融合摇滚和重金属作为音乐基础的K-pop女团。我们发布的新专辑销量屡次倍增,成长迅速。

我很激动能够分享我作为K-pop偶像的日常生活给到更多的人!

--
Hey everyone! My name is Handong, and I am a vocalist and Chinese member of the girl group Dreamcatcher.
We are the first girl group in K-Pop to incorporate both rock and heavy metal into our sound. With each release, we've seen quick uptick in sales which we attribute to this unique sound we have become known for.
I'm super excited to share this aspect of my daily life with you!

Are you going to try and attend?

Last edited:

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,813
Yeah, I don't know where this Top 100 list is coming from. It's not the TC Candler list like before. Including Yoohyeon and Siyeon, but not JiU is a crime.

If she was using LTE, that could explain the sound dropping, etc. if her connection was bad. There probably wasn't wireless where she was and the LTE reception probably wasn't that great either. Or it could be something silly like she accidentally turned off the wireless on the phone...

Are you going to try and attend?
nah, i'm not interested in the topic, and not interested with personal interactions with idols either

reading & understanding written chinese is one thing, but speaking is different and their mandarin language is on a much higher level than mine, not to mention the different slangs and accent. taiwanese mandarin and hong kong cantonese would be easier for me to understand.

Top Bottom