The Official DreamCatcher / InSomnia Thread

Magus27

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭826,645
For some reason my preorder payment was sent back to me. I should place order again...
rkVhjiT.png

--------------------------

I think the issue was with BigPay. Since it's a preorder, maybe they couldn't transfer the money yet, was pending. Then one day just return it to me.

For the record, CD Japan will not charge you for the item until after it ships. A pre-order is just that, a pre-order with the charge to be made when the item ships. I'm sure BigPay would be fine to use on items already released that ship within a few days.

oh bigpay. use a proper credit card :JudgyDubu:

where's the official merch for KL 😑

My CD Japan order is fine too.
Is there ever a reason to not use a credit card? 😛

In the U.S. you have to be careful which credit card you use because some charge transaction fees for foreign currency conversion.

on gmarket the TAC always don't popup 😡
i forgot if it was the same case for cdjapan
so i'm trying out bigpay

If it did, are you not able to use a service like Paypal?

Magus27

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭826,645
Japanese Article Praises DREAMCATCHER While Contrasting Them With TWICE and BLACKPINK

Japanese article referenced:

GVK

Hopeless Multifan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,390,211
For the record, CD Japan will not charge you for the item until after it ships. A pre-order is just that, a pre-order with the charge to be made when the item ships. I'm sure BigPay would be fine to use on items already released that ship within a few days.

If it did, are you not able to use a service like Paypal?
So it might have the same problem for other debit cards? Cos debit cards use money while credit cards use debts.

I don't keep money in paypal. My paypal is linked to my cards so it still need the tac lol.

But anyway I did another preorder using credit card. Presumably the previous order will be cancelled once they realize they're not getting the money. Unless they charge bigpay again, then i'll have 2 sets.

Magus27

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭826,645
So it might have the same problem for other debit cards? Cos debit cards use money while credit cards use debts.

I don't keep money in paypal. My paypal is linked to my cards so it still need the tac lol.

But anyway I did another preorder using credit card. Presumably the previous order will be cancelled once they realize they're not getting the money. Unless they charge bigpay again, then i'll have 2 sets.

Not sure what you're talking about (probably because I don't know what BigPay is)

So here's how it works (at least in the U.S.):

Debit cards - Take money directly from your bank account (typically your checking account) so it's like someone depositing a check you wrote them and them depositing it. Once they deposit the check, the money is taken directly from your checking account. The difference is instead you use your debit card and money is taken directly out of your account. This payment would usually clear within 24 hours.

Credit cards - You are given a line of credit. If you exceed it, your are charged a penalty.

Normal use of credit cards would be charging items on the credit card without exceeding the balance and paying it off completely every month so there is no debt. This is convenient because unlike debit cards, you don't have to rely on having the money in your account at time of payment. You just need to be sure to pay off the credit card when the bill comes due. It's also better protection so like if you are at a restaurant or something and you are mistakenly double-charged, your credit for the mistaken 2nd charge may not go through right away doesn't directly affect the amount of money you have available in your bank account.

Paypal - You can attach credit cards, debit cards, bank accounts, etc. to it and choose your preferred and backup methods of pay. So like if you choose your bank account and it ends up being short on funds, it charges the balance of what is missing on your credit card. You can also set it up to have a credit or debit card as preferred method of pay which is what most people do, especially for international orders since if you use a bank account with a foreign currency, your shipment may be delayed while it processes.

As far as CD Japan goes, it doesn't matter if you use a debit card or credit card - in both cases your card is not charged until the items ship. So I pre-order an item and the order sits there until it's released. During that time you are not charged a thing. Once they ship the order the charge appears, regardless if you use a debit card or credit card. The only difference is if you're paying it at the time it ships or paying afterwards when your credit card bill is due.

If you use Paypal to pay with CD Japan, it deducts the money for the order at the time you order (regardless if the item is pre-order status or not).

You can always cancel your previous order with CD Japan by e-mailing them if it's still listed (unless you really want multiple copies). Just e-mail [email protected] and tell them the order number and items in the order you want cancelled.

Hopefully everything I explained here is as clear as mud ;)

GVK

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,390,211
Not sure what you're talking about (probably because I don't know what BigPay is)

Debit cards - Take money directly from your bank account (typically your checking account) so it's like someone depositing a check you wrote them and them depositing it. Once they deposit the check, the money is taken directly from your checking account. The difference is instead you use your debit card and money is taken directly out of your account. This payment would usually clear within 24 hours.

Credit cards - You are given a line of credit. If you exceed it, your are charged a penalty.

Normal use of credit cards would be charging items on the credit card without exceeding the balance and paying it off completely every month so there is no debt. This is convenient because unlike debit cards, you don't have to rely on having the money in your account at time of payment. You just need to be sure to pay off the credit card when the bill comes due. It's also better protection so like if you are at a restaurant or something and you are mistakenly double-charged, your credit for the mistaken 2nd charge may not go through right away doesn't directly affect the amount of money you have available in your bank account.

Paypal - You can attach credit cards, debit cards, bank accounts, etc. to it and choose your preferred and backup methods of pay. So like if you choose your bank account and it ends up being short on funds, it charges the balance of what is missing on your credit card. You can also set it up to have a credit or debit card as preferred method of pay which is what most people do, especially for international orders since if you use a bank account with a foreign currency, your shipment may be delayed while it processes.

As far as CD Japan goes, it doesn't matter if you use a debit card or credit card - in both cases your card is not charged until the items ship. So I pre-order an item and the order sits there until it's released. During that time you are not charged a thing. Once they ship the order the charge appears, regardless if you use a debit card or credit card. The only difference is if you're paying it at the time it ships or paying afterwards when your credit card bill is due.

If you use Paypal to pay with CD Japan, it deducts the money for the order at the time you order (regardless if the item is pre-order status or not).

You can always cancel your previous order with CD Japan by e-mailing them if it's still listed (unless you really want multiple copies). Just e-mail [email protected] and tell them the order number and items in the order you want cancelled.

Long story short it's bigpay's issue. This never happened before when I preorder stuff with other cards.

BigPay is kinda like an e-wallet I guess. Can top up using credit & debit cards. They'll give you a physical card but you can also use qr code on your phone.
It's by AirAsia. So you slowly add up points by using it.

I should cancel the order but I'm also curious to see what happens if I don't. :unsure:
Will they charge again? Will they cancel it? Will they send the package anyway? :doge:

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,000

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
ajZzpR4.png

Some detective work going on over at Reddit...

"For the Special Off Shot Movie updates, there seems to be a code included at the end.
The codes so far:​

• Gahyeon: ƒ​
  • Dami: aye​
  • Yoohyeon: /V​
The codes appear to be Leet.
According to this Korean fan using this table, it spells out: F A N"​

Vo1d

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,450
Obvious thought that code is "F A N T A S Y". Hmm... korean comeback spoiler??? I hope so...

GVK

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,390,211

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
ajZzpR4.png

Some detective work going on over at Reddit...

"For the Special Off Shot Movie updates, there seems to be a code included at the end.
The codes so far:​

• Gahyeon: ƒ​
  • Dami: aye​
  • Yoohyeon: /V​
The codes appear to be Leet.
According to this Korean fan using this table, it spells out: F A N"​

Another fan song? :omgwhat:

--------------------------------------------

I might be able to trade photocards with way_no_shana :wow:

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭244,263

what you've explained above is the same in malaysia. however, the bigpay card that gvk is using is a malaysian prepaid mastercard & e-wallet hybrid (not an actual debit card) . not all merchants accept the card. there are tons of e-wallet service providers in malaysia now, everyone want a piece of that market.

my paypal is linked to my credit card, and it never asked for tac. i use paypal on a lot of international sites, because i don't have to expose or remember my credit card details.

Last edited:

GVK

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,390,211
Another senpai. Or are they the same person? :unsure:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...................... :doge:

Last edited:
Top Bottom