The Official Red Velvet Thread | 'The ReVe Festival 2022 - Feel My Rhythm' out 2022.3.21

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,546,220
Yes, this comeback based on Midsommar was the first rumor we got after the staff's photos. The movie was scary and I liked it a lot but I think the inspiration is the actual midsommar festival and not the movie.

wait so midsommar festival is a real thing? Lol. I don't think I can un-relate it to the movie. It just seems like a cult either way. :oops:

nice song tho :wow:

I feel like there is a "BUT" behind this ... ? :TzuyuKek:

OK.. I'll say it. I've watched the MV and listened to the album. As expected, nice songs.. the girls slay on vocals. :cool:
But... it's basically the same way I felt about their last album. I kinda had higher hopes for this one. Does it seem like their songs get more generic? :unsure: I miss songs that made Red Velvet... red velvet. ie. peekaboo, dumb dumb, rookie, zimzalabim. Even b-sides like carpool, you better know, pose, hit that drum. Every song just stands out. This album just like Chill Kill seems almost like one long song.👀

Wensuelrene

Fever Season Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭294,420
Finally had time to check everything out. The MV was really pretty and I love cosmic as a song. That said, here is how I'd rank the songs: Sunflower-Bubble- Cosmic- Love Arcade- Last Drop- Night Drive. All are great, but Sunflower really captured me and it's easily my fave :wow:

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,570,416
After hearing the first 10 seconds of Last Drop I was hooked. My top 3 songs from the album are Last Drop followed by Bubble and Night Drive.

Last edited:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,546,220
Finally had time to check everything out. The MV was really pretty and I love cosmic as a song. That said, here is how I'd rank the songs: Sunflower-Bubble- Cosmic- Love Arcade- Last Drop- Night Drive. All are great, but Sunflower really captured me and it's easily my fave :wow:
The prechorus and chorus of Sunflower give me Taylor Swift vibes. I don't think I've felt that from any other Kpop song.

Sunflower is the only song that gives me "classic" red velvet vibes.

Last edited:

Bellamy

Maybe I'm weirdo, I know...〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭32,735,864
Pronouns
She/Her
45 min of delay but it was worthy. The song and the MV are what I expected.
I like Red Velvet a lot but I haven't felt like this about a Red Velvet chorus in a while. I appreciate when they do quirky/camp songs but easy-to-listen-to are needed too.
The nostalgic and bittersweet feeling of this comeback is making me weak, I guess...I still need to listen to the album more times but for now, Sunflower is my favorite b-side.

Last edited:
Reactions: dnb

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,546,220
45 min of delay but it was worthy. The song and the MV are what I expected.
I like Red Velvet a lot but I haven't felt like this about a Red Velvet chorus in a while. I appreciate when they do quirky/camp songs but easy-to-listen-to are needed too.
The nostalgic and bittersweet feeling of this comeback is making me weak, I guess...I still need to listen to the album more times but for now, Sunflower is my favorite b-side.

yes. but it's usually more mixed tho 🤭. ie. quirky songs mixed with "easy to listen" to songs. I haven't listened to it that many times but it might grow on me like Chill Kill. Although I feel its not something I'll keep on repeat on my playlist. i see a lot of positive comments on youtube tho. although I'm not sure if they being nice or they actually like the song(s).

Bellamy

Maybe I'm weirdo, I know...〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭32,735,864
Pronouns
She/Her
i see a lot of positive comments on youtube tho. although I'm not sure if they being nice or they actually like the song(s).
I don't know about koreans but internationals fans like the song and the video. They are ven saying it's a combination between FMR and Psycho.

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,546,220
Yeah it reminded me of Mojito for some reason. Maybe it's the way they're kind of chanting together.

I LOVE MOJITO !!
:heartublob:

The renewal team 🤭

I don't know about koreans but internationals fans like the song and the video. They are ven saying it's a combination between FMR and Psycho.

yeah. ofc the comments I read was in English :pandasantacookie:. hmm.. I guess I can kinda see where they were coming from. FMR reminds me of a fairytale. idk bout psycho tho :unsure:. unless they referring to the creepiness.

Last edited:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,546,220

I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place? cuz I don't see it anywhere in the melon top 100?

Last edited:
Top Bottom