[theqoo]NCT’s Taeyong admits to bullying, personally apologizes to his middle school classmate

domination

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,330
People do change. I don't why some people are down his throat like this. I don't even stan him but I understand as a children we make mistakes. I am also a victim of bullying but I'm not going to hide the fact that I was a bully. Yes, I said some mean things when I was 12 years old but would I say those things now, absolutely not. I have grown, I followed the crowd back & it got me nowhere.
I know he WAS a bully. But I believe he has change, seeing with the other boys shows that he is not same middle school idoit.
I don't think he's the same Taeyong he was "10 years ago" but his fans need to stop whitewashing his past and exaggerating how nice, kind, angelic, sweet he is. You can find fans writing essays after essays of how he is the best idol out there personality wise but with no concrete examples backing their claim because quite honestly, he's just like any other idol presenting a curated nice image to the en masses. I really can't be arsed about him shedding some tears on a program just because he really desperately needed to debut. That is not an example of how he's the kindest angel out there but his fans can't stop harping about it.

Like it or hate it, his past is gonna follow him everywhere just like how his victims prolly still suffer some sort of after effect till this day. Whitewashing will not help anything and most definitely will not help Taeyong become a better person.

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
I guess there is an important lesson to future artists seeking the celebrity life: clear up your shitty past sincerely before it gets to the news because it will.

He may have apologized truly, people do change, kids can be piece of shit, and yadda yadda yadda, but the way it was executed does leave a bad impression and open to interpretations. It's good to give opportunity to people to apologize for their mistakes, but if this didn't come to light, would he seek for atonement?

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,420
People do change. I don't why some people are down his throat like this. I don't even stan him but I understand as a children we make mistakes. I am also a victim of bullying but I'm not going to hide the fact that I was a bully. Yes, I said some mean things when I was 12 years old but would I say those things now, absolutely not. I have grown, I followed the crowd back & it got me nowhere.
I know he WAS a bully. But I believe he has change, seeing with the other boys shows that he is not same middle school idoit.
Thing is though, middle school in Korea (as well as East Asia in general) is from ages 12-15/16. Being a shitty pre-adolescent at 12 is one thing, but at age 15/16 which is like 3 years away from becoming an adult, he should've known better. But I'm glad he's trying to change himself.

fullofjoy

The innocent one!
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭913,845
I don't think he's the same Taeyong he was "10 years ago" but his fans need to stop whitewashing his past and exaggerating how nice, kind, angelic, sweet he is. You can find fans writing essays after essays of how he is the best idol out there personality wise but with no concrete examples backing their claim because quite honestly, he's just like any other idol presenting a curated nice image to the en masses. I really can't be arsed about him shedding some tears on a program just because he really desperately needed to debut. That is not an example of how he's the kindest angel out there but his fans can't stop harping about it.

Like it or hate it, his past is gonna follow him everywhere just like how his victims prolly still suffer some sort of after effect till this day. Whitewashing will not help anything and most definitely will not help Taeyong become a better person.
I don't know if he changed but do you?

Nieve

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭244,640
using Taeyong past to hate on him is immature and banalize the situation but trying to cover his wrong doings and paint him as an angel its just as bad, I believe he has changed and he is a grown man now, if he really had the opportunity to face the consequences of his actions and redeem himself in some way, its not something bad or negative. I wish fans could understand that.

That being said, wikitree is not a reliable source. They have released fake articles in the past. I wonder if there is any other source that wrote about this too.

Last edited:

pinkpanda_spirit

Y's #1 fan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭35,170
Now his fans are gonna talk about how angelic he is, how he's the kindest sweetest fluffiest person they ever met. These sort of comments is in all the threads about him.

Quite honestly there's no concrete proof he has changed. Everything we see of him now is nicely curated since he's a public figure. So while I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not as shitty anymore, it really doesn't make him a saint. He got caught once in the past and apologised for that, now he got caught again so he apologised for this. The way I see it, he only apologised cause he got caught.

And to think SM shielded him with bullshit statement like "we check with his school and there's no evidence" to further feed his fans' delusion.
So what do you want him to do? You really expect him to list down EVERY mistake he has done in the past? Every rude comments/words he could have said online or to his classmates? Do you really think someone remembers everything they said in the past?
When he first apologized he apologized for the wrong things he has done in the past AS A WHOLE, not just the thing he got caught on (which I believe was the toys scamming). And if we believe this article then he once again apologized for everything he did in the past, not just that homophobic comment he made.

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭31,165,614
Pronouns
She/Her
So what do you want him to do? You really expect him to list down EVERY mistake he has done in the past? Every rude comments/words he could have said online or to his classmates? Do you really think someone remembers everything they said in the past?
When he first apologized he apologized for the wrong things he has done in the past AS A WHOLE, not just the thing he got caught on (which I believe was the toys scamming). And if we believe this article then he once again apologized for everything he did in the past, not just that homophobic comment he made.
This.

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭292,855
I’d say is not something that is up to the bully -they don’t really put much weight onto their actions even after years have passed- but to the victim. Taeyong might only think of certain actions as teasing, like this case, but bullying affects the victims differently, and it might even shape their future years in several ways, not all positive. If they see their bully being successful and loved by thousands, it might not be a stretch to say they could feel victimized again, and they have every right to call out their bully.

This might be the last person to come forth with this sort of info on Taeyeong, idk, but it could also be the beginning and other victims might come forward. If that happens, and it’s verified (people will easily believe it too, since there’s now a precendent) then Taeyong has no other choice but to suck it up and take responsability for his actions.

I’m well aware that people change, and I really hope he has, but these things happened when he was in middle school, that is no longer a child, and he certainly had the capacity to differentiate between proper behaviour and a lousy one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom