UPDATE: Comeback will be in September + TWICE is preparing for a comeback and will film their MV on Aug 9

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
UPDATE:

=======

Last edited:

Sergel

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭64,585
Hopefully Mina feels well enough to participate but also wouldn't want her forced to if she doesn't.

AegyoInTheStreets

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭18,675
This is the best move, if Mina isn't ready to return, to continue without her until she is. If they were to wait on her return to do any future comebacks, it would only increase pressure on her and put weight on her shoulders, increasing the likelihood of her returning prematurely. And we have no clue how long it will take for her to recover anyways, so they can't just sit around twiddling their thumbs until then.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,850
This is the best move, if Mina isn't ready to return, to continue without her until she is. If they were to wait on her return to do any future comebacks, it would only increase pressure on her and put weight on her shoulders, increasing the likelihood of her returning prematurely. And we have no clue how long it will take for her to recover anyways, so they can't just sit around twiddling their thumbs until then.
Hardly twiddling their thumbs. Jyp could use this time to give the girls Abit of a break but with shares dropping he's gonna use twice to prop them up. Which is fine but it's at the expense of their health.

pastelcake

JYP Nation Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,991
I'm supporting in any form possible. Give us 2nd full album pls

Hardly twiddling their thumbs. Jyp could use this time to give the girls Abit of a break but with shares dropping he's gonna use twice to prop them up. Which is fine but it's at the expense of their health.
but they just had their long break in January tho.. why they must have another break?

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
Can't say it's surprising at the slightest. A business makes business decisions and it will always do.

I think it's above speculation at this point that Mina will most likely be in the MV. She certainly did not come back for "no special reasons". And the fact that the girls mentioned they will be back soon as 9 just further confirmed it.

I will support Twice and their products simply because I love them to bits and know they've always worked hard, but saying I don't hate the situation is a complete lie.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
but they just had their long break in January tho.. why they must have another break?

It's just a canned response for Twice nowadays. They had two holiday breaks earlier this year. They can be twiddling their thumbs all year, and I'm sure someone will still be screaming #JYPLETTHEMREST. In any case, we know that they're not busy to date. :yoosmile:

Mina's anxiety, if what they say is true, is about performing publicly on stage. If she is able to sing on the tracks and be part of the MV, not only will she derive income from the next comeback, it will at least ease her back into being an idol again without putting undue stress and pressure on her. But I guess how people react to the news depens on whether they feel a sabbatical is the only solution, or whether they think that the best way to deal with a fall is to get back on the horse right away. It looks like JYPE is opting for something in the middle.

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭41,660
Pronouns
she/her
LET
THEM
REST
!!!

AegyoInTheStreets

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭18,675

Everyones stocks are dropping, not just JYP, and it has to do with the economy at large and trade tensions. Korea as a whole is in trouble right now. But jype does have to keep their financials in shape. Twice's health is fine, this is only their 2nd comeback this year. Some Other groups work just as much as they do but they dont have this let them rest meme every time they breathe. At this pt its clear that some people will discount all the time off they have and just point to when they're busy, it'll never be good enough.

Being one member down isn't any reason to put on the breaks, especially if she can record the album, be in the MV and do photoshoots, missing out on 2 weeks of music shows is insignificant

pastelcake

JYP Nation Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,991
It's just a canned response for Twice nowadays. They had two holiday breaks earlier this year. They can be twiddling their thumbs all year, and I'm sure someone will still be screaming #JYPLETTHEMREST. In any case, we know that they're not busy to date. :yoosmile:

Mina's anxiety, if what they say is true, is about performing publicly on stage. If she is able to sing on the tracks and be part of the MV, not only will she derive income from the next comeback, it will at least ease her back into being an idol again without putting undue stress and pressure on her. But I guess how people react to the news depens on whether they feel a sabbatical is the only solution, or whether they think that the best way to deal with a fall is to get back on the horse right away. It looks like JYPE is opting for something in the middle.

tbh i'm sick of people screams twice need to rest when this album will be in September and only their second release in korea.

i think the most possible option is Mina join the mv and sit out promotion because recording of the song is already done before. her condition is something shocking to everyone.

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,267,670
tbh i'm sick of people screams twice need to rest when this album will be in September and only their second release in korea.

i think the most possible option is Mina join the mv and sit out promotion because recording of the song is already done before. her condition is something shocking to everyone.

you have to realize even tho the comeback a month or two away they are still busy preparing for it. ie. rehearsals practicing dance choreo, learning their parts and lines, etc. they are always busy doing something. I think people are looking at it from a overall perspective. this might only be their second release but they were busy traveling for their tour, among other places. that all catches up with you and your body. I take one trip and already it exhausts me. 😄 I can't imagine how they must feel week to week traveling in different time zones.

Top Bottom